[MOD] Supreme Ruler Remastered - UPDATED and MODIFIED

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: [MOD] Supreme Ruler Remastered - UPDATED and MODIFIED

Post by Arahatree »

I just checked it out...

For aircraft classification i chose Original SRU. In the mod i have:

10364, "F-14D Tomcat 2000", 10, ..................etc......

In the original file, the value for classification (ClassNum) is 10.

F-14D Tomcat 2000 is Fighter, it shouldn't be tactical bomber!

However, the ground attack values are much higher than the rest of Fighters. Maybe that's the reason it's classified this way in original SRU, so... maybe it's ok to leave it this way in SRU terms and scope. Otherwise, in modern sandbox, we would have lots of aircrafts as fighters and almost no aircrafts as tactical bombers, and we can distinguish and classify them better this way even though that's not completely a true classification according to RL, i suppose that's the reason. HUH
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My best guess is that the F-14D 2000 is supposed to represent the "Quickstrike". That is a by Grumman proposed replacement for the A-6 Intruder.

Basically Quickstrike was Grummans attempt at turning the Air superiority F-14D into an attack aircraft. Like how the F-15 Eagle served as a starting point for the F-15E Strike Eagle only with the F-14 instead.
With that in mind considering the F-14D 2000 an attack aircraft is not crazy. Naturally if it is supposed to represent the Quickstrike is another question.
It was to be a relatively simple conversion that could have been carried out on existing F-14 aircraft.

The YearAvail is not perfect but it is closer than say the Super Tomcat concepts Grumman suggested as alternatives to NATF. NATF alternatives would also be odd as attack aircraft as NATF is the Navy Advanced Tactical Fighter. A carrier based derivative of the ATF which became the F-22 Raptor.
A more appropriate YearAvail would probably be early to mid 1990's if it is supposed to be the the Quickstrike as it was also conceived as a cheap alternative to the A-12 Avenger II and the NATF. Both programs where seen as likely to be terminated as the Cold War drew to an end.

There where also concepts for an attack version of the Super Tomcat which was an even more modified F-14 airframe and from what I remember Grumman also worked on a concept for bringing existing F-14 aircraft properly into the 21st century.
Except for the Attack super Tomcat those concept however where decidedly retaining the F-14 in its fleet defender role.
the Attack Super Tomcat though would probably fit fairly well with the "2000" part of the name. However having the attack variant without the superiority variant would seem odd.

In any case there are a few example of hypothetical F-14 upgrades the F-14D 2000 could be intended to represent.
Sorcerer117
Corporal

Post by Sorcerer117 »

I have a question:
Do i need to install Supreme Ruler Remastered first and them this one? or i install only this?
Im kinda of confused.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Sorcerer117 wrote: Nov 15 2022 I have a question:
Do i need to install Supreme Ruler Remastered first and them this one? or i install only this?
Im kinda of confused.
I believe this is an update of the remastered mod as such you only have to install this
Sorcerer117
Corporal

Post by Sorcerer117 »

sparky282 wrote: Nov 25 2022
Sorcerer117 wrote: Nov 15 2022 I have a question:
Im kinda of confused.
I believe this is an update of the remastered mod as such you only have to install this
Thank you.
I'm far from home right now, so i wil only be able to check ina few weeks.
Sorcerer117
Corporal

Post by Sorcerer117 »

Just to clear things out, OP didnt do it.

1 - You nneed Supreme Ruler Remasted 3.2 from the other topic to this to run.
2- There is no 3D infatry units.
3- Country selection on World Remastered is not working properly.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”