Engineer conversion to outpost bug/confusion

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

Engineer conversion to outpost bug/confusion

Post by arquebus_x »

I'm noticing the planetary-engineers-don't-make-outposts-automatically bug. Unless I'm doing it wrong. Here's what I'm doing/seeing:

1) Select the engineer. Ctrl-right click on the target planet and Build Outpost.
2) Planet view opens up. I locate the place to build (usually the pre-set one with the star on it) and then right click. Message: Engineer is on its way (or whatever the wording is).
3) Wait. Engineer arrives. Lands. Sits.
4) I now have to select the Engineer and Ctrl-right click to Build Outpost again where it's sitting.

Sometimes it's worked in the past, but usually it doesn't. Which leads me to think I might be doing it wrong? Or it might just be the bug is still there.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Engineer conversion to outpost bug/confusion

Post by Balthagor »

I was able to replicate the error. Ticket 31766 opened for this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Post by arquebus_x »

I think I've found a workaround...? Not 100% sure it's consistent but so far it has been working. When I get to the planet view, instead of right-clicking to complete the order to move/deploy outpost, if I LEFT click first (which should theoretically just cancel the whole order), and then RIGHT click (which shouldn't do anything because the order should have been canceled with the left click, but it's not), the engineer will arrive, drop and deploy all in one action.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

arquebus_x wrote: Nov 15 2022 I think I've found a workaround...? Not 100% sure it's consistent but so far it has been working. When I get to the planet view, instead of right-clicking to complete the order to move/deploy outpost, if I LEFT click first (which should theoretically just cancel the whole order), and then RIGHT click (which shouldn't do anything because the order should have been canceled with the left click, but it's not), the engineer will arrive, drop and deploy all in one action.
Strange. Okay, we'll watch for that also. Thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We seem to have this fixed now on our side. The fix will be part of our next update. Version 1058 or later.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”