Unit Models not showing on map

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

danielanderson
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Unit Models not showing on map

Post by danielanderson »

Alot of units models do not show on map, and i dont know why? but the flag the unit belongs to still shows
Also happens to land units and Air
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Unit Models not showing on map

Post by Balthagor »

We could use a bit more information on this issue;

What version does it show in the lower left of your main menu?
What sandbox/campaign/scenario are you playing?
What region are you?
Do you have any mods installed?
Have you tried resetting the game options?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

What version does it show in the lower left of your main menu? latest version that updates on steam, no beta's
What sandbox/campaign/scenario are you playing? happens with any of them
What region are you? EU (i live in UK to be exact)
Do you have any mods installed? Nope
Have you tried resetting the game options? Plentiful of times
Also tried reinstalling but to no avail, the problem still occurs
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

danielanderson wrote: Nov 28 2021 What version does it show in the lower left of your main menu? latest version that updates on steam, no beta's
Sorry for being picky, is it saying version 9.2.5?
danielanderson wrote: Nov 28 2021 What region are you? EU (i live in UK to be exact)
What I meant was, which region did you pick to play when you started the game?

So I just started as Japan in 1936 Sandbox, version 9.2.5, I don't have any missing unit models. The Mogami looks fine for me. Can you try that exact combination please?
mogami.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

8k hours here in SRU. Never seen missing unit models except when i tried this mod: https://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtop ... 91&t=31902.

Might just want to deinstall, check SRU folder to make sure its all deleted and reinstall if you installed mods in the past. Unsubscribe mods, or even play vanilla sandbox with still installed mods in the SRU directory doesnt work like you expect (unless the modder used unique names).
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

danielanderson wrote: Nov 28 2021 What region are you? EU (i live in UK to be exact)
What I meant was, which region did you pick to play when you started the game?

its 9.2.5

tried 1936, 2020, 1940, all are showing same issues, units models appear blank, or half done, for example, cav i see only a horse sometimes, not the guy on the back, or helicopter in later scenarios/sandbox, they have jsut the propeller blades showing.
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

Rosalis wrote: Nov 28 2021 8k hours here in SRU. Never seen missing unit models except when i tried this mod: https://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtop ... 91&t=31902.

Might just want to deinstall, check SRU folder to make sure its all deleted and reinstall if you installed mods in the past. Unsubscribe mods, or even play vanilla sandbox with still installed mods in the SRU directory doesnt work like you expect (unless the modder used unique names).
no mods are installed, since i need to learn base game lol, and try n fix this problem
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My guess missing textures. Some helicopter and cavalry models use different textures for the rotors/fuselage and horse/rider and only one being present should cause such problems.
Picnum errors would not make just half the model disappear and unit database errors is probably fairly unlikely to not be a global problem.

Quick check do you have TakaoTx.dds? That is the texture of the model the Mogami uses. The file is found [SR root]/graphics/meshes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

danielanderson wrote: Nov 28 2021 tried 1936, 2020, 1940, all are showing same issues, units models appear blank, or half done, for example, cav i see only a horse sometimes, not the guy on the back, or helicopter in later scenarios/sandbox, they have jsut the propeller blades showing.
Very strange. What video card do you have in your system?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

GTX 1060
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

Untitled3.jpg
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We did some testing today, still cannot reproduce this issue. I tested again with Barbarossa as Germany;
barbarossa.jpg
Whatever's going on, you're not getting the models for the trees either. Not sure what's happening here, we've got no other reports of anything like this.

To anyone else on the forums - anyone seen this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 29 2021 We did some testing today, still cannot reproduce this issue. I tested again with Barbarossa as Germany;
barbarossa.jpg

Whatever's going on, you're not getting the models for the trees either. Not sure what's happening here, we've got no other reports of anything like this.

To anyone else on the forums - anyone seen this?
its a real shame, i have also noticed, that the sprites (models) and pictures of the missing units dont show up in research tech etc, or building queues
danielanderson
Sergeant

Post by danielanderson »

also that taktaots.dds is in the folder
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

danielanderson wrote: Dec 01 2021 also that taktaots.dds is in the folder
Can you check another file there, UNIT667.x?

If the files are there, maybe your video card needs an updated driver.
danielanderson wrote: Dec 01 2021 ...i have also noticed, that the sprites (models) and pictures of the missing units dont show up in research tech etc, or building queues
There is a game option to show either 2D or 3D units in the user interface. Which way do you currently have it set?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”