Resolving Graphics Issues, Alt-Tab, Lockups

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Resolving Graphics Issues, Alt-Tab, Lockups

Post by Balthagor »

Have you tried resetting your game options?

I'm not sure I follow what you say is happening. A screenshot would be helpful.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

I've tried resetting the settings but nothing, I don't know what happens, here are some screenshots, it happens on all maps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hmm, it almost looks like you are missing all the satellite imagery and 3D terrain. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling or using Steam's game proprieties to validate the files? Have you used any mods?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and did the validation of Steam files, I had some modifications to the workshop and I completely uninstalled along with the game but nothing, I have not been able to solve the problem, am I missing some files? can it be solved?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure, haven't come across this before. Have you tried adjusting each setting in Options - Graphics to see if any of those fixes it?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

Hello I tried all the graphic settings and resolutions and nothing did not solve the problem, if I could see, that in the map settings, the option of automatic tilt of the map is checked and when I try to uncheck it the game freezes and exits, I don't know if is normal or there is an error.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oh, yes, that has been reported.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, we can't seem to reproduce this error. No one else is reporting this problem. Do your units on map have issues with the models?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

The units are fine, they do not present problems, nor do the other 3D objects on the map, the only problem I have is the distorted map
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

In the previous versions it did not present any problem, from this latest version 9.2.5 it is that I have this problem with the map
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

pedroac20 wrote: Aug 07 2020 In the previous versions it did not present any problem, from this latest version 9.2.5 it is that I have this problem with the map
I understand that it worked for you before, but I have no idea what is causing your issue. I will discuss it with our dev team next week and see if anyone else has any ideas. No other players are having this problem and the update has been out for a few months now.

Please send us your DXDiag file;

*Go to start menu
*Click run
*Type in "dxdiag"
*Save the log file

Please send it to support@battlegoat.com and include ticket 25090 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

ok, I understand, I already sent the information, I hope you can help me, thanks for your attention.
pedroac20
Sergeant

Post by pedroac20 »

Hello, I had not written for some of the occupations that I had; I wanted to know if they had managed to find a solution to the problem I have? I sent the information that was requested.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hello,

You didn't include the ticket number in your email so it took us some time to match it up to the issue you reported. We've started to investigate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Texan214
Corporal

Post by Texan214 »

Hello all,

Having played this game since launch I understand FPS can get laggy at times especially when zoomed out and alot is going on on the map.

However, today I booted up the game as I have always done and at the menu everything seems fine. When I load into a sandbox scenario (Make America great 2020) at the very start of the game my FPS is terrible. At 1080p zoomed into my starter country of Georgia I get 50fps. Zooming out to the world view drops me to 9.

At 4k where I usually play zoomed in the performance is 1-11fps and 1 fps at the world view.

I have updated all drivers, tried disabling SLI and messing around with the in game and nvidia settings to no avail. This is a recent development. Never had an issue playing the game before, even at 4k. Anybody else having these issues? I've never had an issue playing this game before.

PC:
Ryzen 3900x
Nvidia 2080ti (2 SLI) Latest drivers
32GB Ram
3840x2160 display
Win 10

Edit: Tried a fresh install and verified files, no change.
Last edited by Texan214 on Oct 25 2020, edited 1 time in total.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Same here too - although i always had single digit fps at world view even without any overlays.
Only at medium zoom levels it goes >50 fps.
(not using 3d Terrain)
The most important part is - the fps does not have much impact on the speed of the game day calculation.
Also the first day at the start of a new game is usually slower (i guess its the additional computation needed to issue initial orders to all units / deployment / and filling unit construction slots).
Maybe you want to check this too:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=29824
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”