3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

I will try and see what is wrong. It could be something as simple as me making an error with scale or texture names.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Okay the problem should be that I uploaded the name for the P2 Neptune not the P2J Neptune (yes I got both versions but only the J version have been released so far). The P2 Neptune is to use the texture P2_nep_tx.dds. The P2J uses P2J_tx.dds.
Basically rename P2_nep_tx.dds to P2J_tx.dds and it should work
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

yep that sorted it 8)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Mashu should be sorted well enough now.
I will see how fast I can get the files converted.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Looks great with a helipad like that there's a temptation to add a carrier capacity :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Typical complement is 1 helicopter if any which is probably a bit low for CarrierCapacity when helicopter units are typically 24 strong.

These ships really just are floating storage facilities. They normally do not even carry helicopters and they only have provisions for mounting phalanx CIWS. I am just assuming they would quickly be fitted with them during wartime.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Mar 30 2020 Typical complement is 1 helicopter if any which is probably a bit low for CarrierCapacity when helicopter units are typically 24 strong.

These ships really just are floating storage facilities. They normally do not even carry helicopters and they only have provisions for mounting Phalanx CIWS. I am just assuming they would quickly be fitted with them during wartime.
Haha yes you are of course right that rear deck looks so nice and big though :lol:

However, the type 071 does have carrier capacity at least in my DB all amphibious assault ships do sometimes its easier to drop a chopper load of commandoes off that way than risk the ship itself going to shore which in reality probably wouldn't happen anyway!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

It is around 40m long from what I remember. For comparison it is around 10m longer on a Shirane. However nearly a 3rd of the Shirane is helideck.

Ships like the Type 071 really highlights part of the problem with the current aircraft system. It can carry helicopters and use them to deploy troops but not nearly enough to warrant a capacity of 1 as that is 18-24 aircraft in most cases (for comparison it carries around 4).
For other ships like destroyers the abstractions work okay. But here there is no way to properly do it.

Also I have converted all models not to write picnums and make UGBITS
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Okay release time. As always I am on a mac and testing on it is "annoying". There might be bugs as I again as always have very limited ways to test it.

Tanks are made to support revolving turrets but the picnums is set for the game to treat all elements as a single object. Basically turrets are fixed but can be configured to revolve in the picnums file.

All UGBITS should be there but again being on a mac testing is not the easiest task there is.
Added: 1553 Nagato class battleship (texture: JKVn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1556 Yuzuru Hiraga 1928 Fast battleship design (texture: JKVn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1574 Type 03 Chi-nu (texture: Chinu_tx.dds Variants: J)
Added: 1680 Mashu fleet replenishment ship (texture: JKVn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1702 Sovremmeny class destroyer Hangzhou (texture: CQRn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1704 Type 071 LPD (texture: CQRn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1712 Type 001 class Liaoning (texture: CQRn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1719 Typhoon SSBN (texture: CQRn_tx.dds Variants: None)
Added: 1756 E50 Standardpanzer (texture: E50std_tx.dds Variants: G)
Added: 1910 Grumman F-14A (texture: F14A_tx.dds Variants: UZ)
Added: 1928 Gloster Mk4 Meteor (texture: meteor_tx.dds Variants: M)
Added: 1935 Sho't Kal (texture: ShotK_tx.dds Variants: I)
Added: 2001 G4 Super Galeb (texture: G4Galeb_tx.dds Variants: X)
Added: 2002 J22 Orao/IAR-93 Vultur (texture: J22Orao_tx.dds Variants: TX)
Added: 2003 An-2 Colt (texture: an2_tx.dds Variants: CLRXZ)
Added: 2005 Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR2 (texture: HPNim_tx.dds Variants: M)

Download link

Also I have made some updates to existing files.
download link
Note: As BG have these updated files and the content of V2.0 the updated files (listed as V2.1) are uploaded separately. V3.0 which BG does not have does not contain any of the V2.0 or V2.1 files and should be valid after the next patch

All the files in V2.1 and V3.0 are also available among the loose files.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

checked a few of thew models out all seems well on my end so far thank you
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

So with the current package of models released it is time to plan for the next set.

I have already decided to focus on asiatic surface combatants but I am open to suggestions for other models to make. This can be single models or a general idea (being specific is good though). As long as it is relevant I will consider it (no it does not have to be asiatic warships).

Keep in mind that good reference really speeds up the process of making models. What reference I can find will be a significant determining factor. Usability and relevance of a model is important but being able to find decent material to work with is just as important.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

I have a request

Surface combatants of the Royal Navy to add to the great ones you have already done.

Type 22, Type 42, Type 23 and Type 26 I imagine the last one would be an issue as you say due to reference.

I wouldn't be upset if you finished the 747 off either :D

of course, pick which ones you fancy 8)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

also what about this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshkosh_L-ATV

The hummers replacement ok I'll stop now :lol:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The Type 23 and 747 is the most obvious ones there simply due to them already being as far along as they are. The Type 22 is still in the modelling stage.

Also I have long since gathered reference for the Type 26. It is not perfect but it is serviceable.

Likewise I sourced all I needed for the L-ATV around the time I made the Cougar 6X6 MRAP. That is literally years ago. 2,75 to be specific.
Making some MRAPs and possibly even a technical might be a good idea. Maybe even a gun-truck or larger "heavy" technical based on flatbed truck. Technicals might be good for poorer countries and if we want to be realistic MRAP's would be good to have as low cost, fast production vehicles. Tanks, IFV's and the like really should take longer to manufacture and be harder to replace in a high casualty, high intensity conflict.
With a better system for irregular combatants gun-truck style vehicles could also be fairly important.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

yeah I figured the cougar is really the only MRAP you have done and they certainly do fill a role within the game as do technicals based on trucks

Type 26 isn't as unlikely as I thought this makes me happy :lol:

yeah, I knew about the type 23 and 747 thought it might help you finish a few models you have half done I wasn't aware of the Type 22 though sounds good!

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”