3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by sparky282 »

Cargo ships and container ships would be good that's the only place really where we lack a good selection of units with your wonderful models well and possibly amphibious carriers

I agree with hospital ships that would be nice but I still use them in role-play.

I can't remember the picnums now but I took the amphibious assault ability away from a lot of the cargo ships or at least ones with a certain picnum

Any idea on a time frame for the release of the next batch? This being in lockdown is taking its toll need something to do :lol:
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Have a look at the UKs "Point" class for a civilian ship that is used
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

sparky282 wrote: Mar 25 2020 Cargo ships and container ships would be good that's the only place really where we lack a good selection of units with your wonderful models well and possibly amphibious carriers

I agree with hospital ships that would be nice but I still use them in role-play.

I can't remember the picnums now but I took the amphibious assault ability away from a lot of the cargo ships or at least ones with a certain picnum

Any idea on a time frame for the release of the next batch? This being in lockdown is taking its toll need something to do :lol:
The simple rule with ships is if it has prefixes like AO, AE, AOE and AOR then it should have DockToUnload as it is a tanker, ammunition or a fast replenishment ship. I posted a list of some ships that does not have the DockToUnload flag that should have it as well as a few that should probably not have it.

Technically I could just release them and update the textures for the Type 071 and Mashu post release as except for a few UV map adjustments the models themselves are done. The textures are however still a bit bare. As for when those textures are done I do not know for certain.
If I release Mashu and 071 like that they would just not be released in a zip file but only among the loose files.

Also yes I want to make more amphibious vessels. There is really a lot of things I want to make. If I made all I am considering making I would probably have work for over 5 years still.
SGTscuba wrote: Mar 25 2020 Have a look at the UKs "Point" class for a civilian ship that is used
There is also the Hawaiian Superferries and Algol operated by the US Navy. Both are originally vehicle carriers. I can see value in adding both of these together with the Point class though in the case of the Superferries going with a Spearhead class might be better.

That said the issue is good orthographic reference. It is also one of the advantages of making generic vessels to serve as generic requisitioned vessels. I am less limited by poor sources.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Mar 25 2020
Technically I could just release them and update the textures for the Type 071 and Mashu post release as except for a few UV map adjustments the models themselves are done. The textures are however still a bit bare. As for when those textures are done I do not know for certain.
If I release Mashu and 071 like that they would just not be released in a zip file but only among the loose files.

Also yes I want to make more amphibious vessels. There is really a lot of things I want to make. If I made all I am considering making I would probably have work for over 5 years still.
If you are unsure when the Mashu and Type 71 will be done then I'd love if you released them loose and then update them at a later date least then I can start a new game
That's possibly one the worst things about supreme ruler having to always recache etc when making unit updates

yes that is true the work you have put in so far making all these models must be huge but it really does improve the game no end, so I'm very appreciative.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am okay with putting them up with incomplete textures. While not exactly finished and in no way something I would sign off on they are probably in a functional state with minimal work.

Even if I change the model I can just keep the scale of the exported model the same so they will seamlessly override the old one. Not sure if they will have UGBITS though. Depends on how they turn out with incomplete textures.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Mar 25 2020 I am okay with putting them up with incomplete textures. While not exactly finished and in no way something I would sign off on they are probably in a functional state with minimal work.

Even if I change the model I can just keep the scale of the exported model the same so they will seamlessly override the old one. Not sure if they will have UGBITS though. Depends on how they turn out with incomplete textures.
yeah sounds fine with me I think we did this with Queen Elizabeth Carrier in the past and it worked flawlessly UGBITS doesn't really worry me as I use the 3d option anyway.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I will try and see how far I can get them in a day or two and then I'll try and get everything converted.
I at least want them to have decent shading and not be too blobby. Conversion should not be too hard. I have most ready for it already.

You can also write a fake entry for them and update it when I release to proper models if you want to start a game already.
The ID's are 1680 for Mashu and 1704 for 071
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Mar 26 2020 I will try and see how far I can get them in a day or two and then I'll try and get everything converted.
I at least want them to have decent shading and not be too blobby. Conversion should not be too hard. I have most ready for it already.

You can also write a fake entry for them and update it when I release to proper models if you want to start a game already.
The ID's are 1680 for Mashu and 1704 for 071
Ok fair enough, ah yes great idea do you have the id's of other units in the release? thanks
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

This should be all of them

1553: Nagato class battleship
1556: Yuzuru Hiraga 1928 Fast battleship design
1574: Type 03 Chi-nu
1680: Mashu fleet replenishment ship
1702: Sovremmeny class destroyer Hangzhou
1704: Type 071 LPD
1712: Type 001 class Liaoning
1719: Typhoon SSBN
1756: E50 Standardpanzer
1910: Grumman F-14A
1928: Mk4 Meteor
1935: Sho't Kal
2001: G4 Super Galeb
2002: J22 Orao/IAR-93 Vultur
2003: An-2 Colt
2005: HP Nimrod MR2
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

mega Thanks :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I think I might be able to have both Mashu and 071 in a fairly decent state sometime tomorrow. They might still need tweaks after that but it should be possible make UGBITS and all for them and they should look acceptable from all angles at anything but the highest zoom.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Mar 27 2020 I think I might be able to have both Mashu and 071 in a fairly decent state sometime tomorrow. They might still need tweaks after that but it should be possible make UGBITS and all for them and they should look acceptable from all angles at anything but the highest zoom.
That's good news :-) I'm looking forwrd to using both the saudi empire will be very pleased for new ships :lol:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

PLAN Type 071 as it will likely be for this release.
I might adjust the colouring of the crane a bit but largely it is what it will be.

Also just for fun here is a Type 052D. So far I have not done any texturing work on it except for rendered shading. All is cannibalised from existing PLAN vessels
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Type 071 looks great i see what you mean about the crane though I didnt even notice it was there, 052D looks good as well i always think the texturing looks like the hardest part I'd have no idea where to start
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

ID: 1846 there seems to be an issue with it, it's not showing in-game so far I check the picnum entry is correct the unit DB pic number also matches I also checked the file was there in the graphics folder and replaced it just in case still not showing in-game did I miss something?

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”