Old TRS-80 version...

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Domestos
Lieutenant

Old TRS-80 version...

Post by Domestos »

I was reading (on gamespy) that BGS made freely available a TRS-80 version of the game they produced in 1982.

Problem is I do not have a TRS-80. Anyone know if I can get a PC version of this old CHUI game or a TRS-80 emulator for a PC that will run it?

I would be really interested in passing away a few hours with that version while waiting for a demo...
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

You might try http://www.trs-80.com/ That's the place we gave permission to host the SR TRS-80 version. I think they have an emulator that will let you try it on MSDOS based systems.
- David
Bluesman
Lt. Colonel

Post by Bluesman »

Was that the one with a Z80 processor? Wonder whether it would work with a Spectrum emulator as well, pity you don't get those rubber buttons :) (my most beloved computer ever).

BM
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

It was a Z80 Processor (1.7Mhz George thinks :) ) Supreme Ruler was written for the Model I, III, IV, and 4P.
- David
Domestos
Lieutenant

Post by Domestos »

Yer ---

That site don;t host the game no more --- or anything very usefull..

Maybe you should release the old version on this site as an appetitie wetter and keep us from moaning about the release date for a few hours...
Domestos
Lieutenant

Post by Domestos »

Got the TRS-80 emulator now - just need to find the ROM !!!!

Anybody out there got the Supreruler ROM for the PC TRS-80 emulator?

Quick !!!! I need to bash some keys !
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

You know, there have been a few changes since the 1982 TRS-80 version :-)

-- George.
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Well, i still want to play it anyway! I got the game from that site (use the search function) but now i don't know which emulator to use to play it. I tried several but i have no idea how to use them or how anything works. So if anyone can post a step by step tutorial on how to play the game that'd be great. Thanks.
Domestos
Lieutenant

Post by Domestos »

Please post the link to where you got the game ROM from. The search function doesn;t work for me....
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

http://www.trs-80.com/trs80-1o.htm

It's on that page. Now, will someone tell me how to run it? Someone, please post a step by step tutorial on how to actually play the game.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Sorry, we don't support that version any longer :-)

And last time we played it here, we pulled out our TRS-80 Model IV. Took us a while to figure out how to boot it up, though :-)
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Come on! Don't be like that! Why can't you help your loyal customers? Just tell me how to get it working, please.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Igor, we honestly don't know how to run it on an emulator. If you have a TRS-80 we'll give you a few pointers... but that's about all we can do.

You know we did take 5 years and make a version that would run on your PC without an emulator. :wink:
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Oh, sorry. I though he meant you DID know how to get it to run on emulators but just didn't feel like sharing it ;)

But i still want to play the old version though, so i can keep myself occupied until the new version drops through my mail slot. I can't wait any longer dammit! :cry: :(
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

We've played it twice in the last five years on the TRS-80 (the last time was about three years ago) and it took us about 40 minutes to remember how to get the 4P booted in Model 3 mode (and find a working boot disk).

George wasn't being "Microsoft Like" in his non-support message, he was just saying he wouldn't be able to remember that one if his life depended on it... in his poke fun of Microsoft kind of way ;)
- David

Return to “General Discussion”