Brasil (Brazil)

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Brasil (Brazil)

Post by GIJoe597 »

I guess it will use commodities to build the road, but the road itself will do nothing for you outside of whatever supply it may carry.

I may be jaded but I ignore roads now. When I first started playing I also wanted to connect every city with roads and rail. It took awhile for it to sink in that what is depicted in game is only super highways. You know that "supply creep" you see after you conquer some territory? That is the smaller roads/rails moving your supply system along, even when you do not actually see them on the map.

Concerning CB and wanting to get atacked, it seems your goal is to take over your neighbors, just go ahead and attack them, there is no one in South America that can threaten you. Overseas countries might be miffed, but so what? Even if the AI landed an invasion force it would too litle to matter. The AI tends to land in the exact same area every time. Garrison that area as a trip wire. :)

I think the only country you need to even remotely be wary of is The United States. And even they are manageable with a small goal oriented army.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Hmm, indeed the rising in attack-likelihood is too slow for my purposes. I would like to be in México and use it as buffer against the USA, that hopefully will be busy expending expensive and high-tech units with both Canada and/or México.

I wanted to keep my good neighborhood imago and have be attacked rather than attacking. But it´s taking to long. I will rebuild some units and declare war on Venezuela and see do deal with the consequences of UN sanctions. If China Can, I Can.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

But first I want try to balance the budget, accommodating the max at Health-Edu.-Infra, and have the Infl.-Unepl. at more comfortable levels.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

GIJoe597 wrote:but the road itself will do nothing for you outside of whatever supply it may carry.
Well, my crazy straight ways are use by the units when moving and do speed their displacement. They can cross almost all the country in long straight ways.

And I believe the game´s manual said something about roads and rails improving production in time. If it does, It´s a shot I´m willing to take :roll:
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I just destroy all barracks that are not near a border. I build new ones as required and reserve my forces near where they may be needed. Means I do not have to travel with them very far to counter an attack or launch one. Nor do I have to guess where units are reserved when I press the deploy button. :)

Still looking forward to an AAR detailing the rise of Republica Federativa do Brasil under President Shoedidoe. :)

Vhorthex
Warrant Officer

Post by Vhorthex »

GIJoe597 wrote:
Shoedidoe wrote:Dude, I´m getting really confused with the Inflation and have read several posts here "teaching" how to deal with it. None are the same and none has worked until now and again my Inflation is growing, GDP growing, Treasury diving, UNEPL. diving, precisely when I´m getting closer to self-sufficiency. It´s frustrating, because I´m felling powerless to deal with it.
The reason you may be seeing multiple ways of dealing with it, is because there are multiple ways of dealing with it. Inflation in its simplest form is when the price of your products start rising. Your people get less for their money.

As you build facilities you have to spend more money from your treasury, this prompts your minister to raise prices to help offset costs. Bam, inflation starts rising. Your best bet, until you have a handle on dealing with it is to start small, only build a few facilities at a time. SR really takes a very long time to play due to the length it takes to build almost anything in game. You need to take a 1 year approach, e.i. where do I want to be in one year. You cannot just build like mad starting out, as you are finding out it’s a killer on the treasury.
Hello there,

I'm just curious about the economic model in SR2020. It is true that part of the inflation is the rise of goods over a period of time, the main factor is the increase of the money supply disproportionately to the economic growth. I was wondering if this was in any way modelled in the game? For example, by taking excessive bonds?

I'm assuming you can only take external debts? For example, you couldn't borrow from your own bank? (A bit like what Japan can/does do)

A bit off course of SR2020, but I really hate that inflation is first explained as the increase of goods, when most economist agree that the money creation from private banks is one of the main causes of inflation. If you push that a bit further, the concept of interest is also a cause of inflation, for interest creates a demand for money that does not exists.

Anyways, just curious how inflation modelled in the game. And if the only basis for inflation is local price of goods.

Cheers!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am not as well versed in the "behind the scenes mechanics" as many others are. By and large, I just ignore the "nitty- gritty" of what is and is not programmed and make sure my treasury is growing and/or I can fund everything I want to do. Hopefully a "numbers" person will answer your question.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Yeah, I agree with that. I still plagued with high Infl., but as long I have money to do whatver I wanna for as long I wanna, I´m happy.

And I have a lotta of cash, hehehehehe. Just the second Treasury, even being the first for a couple of months :lol:
Vhorthex
Warrant Officer

Post by Vhorthex »

Shoedidoe wrote:Yeah, I agree with that. I still plagued with high Infl., but as long I have money to do whatver I wanna for as long I wanna, I´m happy.

And I have a lotta of cash, hehehehehe. Just the second Treasury, even being the first for a couple of months :lol:
Actually high cash reserves could be a cause of inflation. Again, I don't know how the economic model works in 2020. I shall try to write a post to get attention from the number crunchers. :)

Cheers,
V.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Holy cow! China is beating the crap out of Russia!

Dude!

I expended a lotta cash and goods and spies (have 129 of them) trying to harass and slow the Russian campaigns. And some of made in China, too, btw... but i did not though possible to China to practically just walk over Russia! guess all Russia´s fancy artillery, tanks and engineers and jets don´t count much against level 135+ Tec. Only 3 countries until now can access such tech.

Brasil is one :lol:

But it must be Christmas for China: just taking facilities after facilities. It will be pretty much self-sufficient after this war, and Russia, are over.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Vhorthex wrote:Actually high cash reserves could be a cause of inflation. Again, I don't know how the economic model works in 2020. I shall try to write a post to get attention from the number crunchers. :)

Cheers,
V.
Hmmm, then that may explain the slooooooooow descending of it.

6.1% now. I only saw lower at the begin of the game :P
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn´t though it would work, but it dit!!!

So, there is Russia getting the butt kick out by China and I thought: It would be that if I send some units, it would be possible to "take it over" like when in war?

So, I made some (un)educated guess work and use the previously paved water way to get at some Russian-forsaken but beautiful FOUR shine OilDer. complexes. Sure, had to declare war first, but I have 100% CB against Russia a long way ago, so no big deal.

Besides the FOUR nice new oil complexes I own now.

Thanks, Russia! thanks, China!

It would be possible to land units without a pier? I don´think I have unit that can airborne or be airborne. Have to build 1. I would like to owner the nice island near the oil platforms and have a advanced military base in the Pacific!
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Yes, it´s possible. So I´m sending some more Army and start preparing another expedition towards the northern platforms. There is no need o leave all to China, now there is?

Chile, Colombia and etc has not moved one inch towards attacking me, so when I´m done sacking some more Russian facilities, I will have to decide what to do. USA already have some troops in Venezuela and Colombia.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Is the U.S.A. at war with Venezuela or Columbia?

BillSirKill
Sergeant

Post by BillSirKill »

Hey Guys... also playing Brazil 2020-GC ... I got frustrated waiting around for towed arty to catch up with the main BG.. I tried everything to attach it to a vehicle and coming up with nothing.. can u attach these and tow them with vehicles?

Also, I have acquired a bunch of exocet missiles and have the techs to use them.. every missile launch vehicle/plane I have will not accept my loading nor will they auto deploy.. I'm obviously missing something.. any ideas?

I have 12 BG's.. when you type in a single digit the BG lights up and ready for orders.. Once above 10 BG's I can't seem to "hot key" these - do you know if you can?

Thanks for the responses and I enjoy reading your posts...
Bill

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”