Is it just me or are the factions in GR after the new FastTrack are not as aggressive.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

youssef
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Is it just me or are the factions in GR after the new FastTrack are not as aggressive.

Post by youssef »

Is it just me or are the factions in GR after the new FastTrack are not as aggressive. even with a very hard military difficulty and very high universe volatility. They don't build any spaceport and not any air sea and land facility other than what they started with. The last time I played most of the other races did not all expand before me and had more than one spaceport specifically from Omniphage and The Osmian Hive and from the Osmian Hive specifically had built 34 land facilities they build and expand with their ships that's all they didn't go to war with me every second or anything.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2655573612
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Is it just me or are the factions in GR after the new FastTrack are not as aggressive.

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure, but they could be hitting a wall with the economy. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Is it just me or are the factions in GR after the new FastTrack are not as aggressive.

Post by tkobo »

They definitely move less land units effectively . I suspect its largely due to lack of sea movement of ground units > A few patches back island landings were swarmed with enemy land units advancing by sea, maritime marine style ,in the lastest patch i havent seen a single enemy unit do this.I have come across on a regular basis large chunks of enemy ground units in stalled clusters praying for fuel.I think its mostly a hex supply problem, they dont seem to have trouble getting their ground units to those no-supply hexes. They do end up getting stuck there.

I have also noticed a the enemy has a lot of air unit production,but barely any land units production. Id estimate about 1/2 the units ive killed in my latest invasion where air.

All that said, ive killed over 6 k enemy units in the latest planet invasion. And ive had 2 really large ground battles. And im only about 1/3 way done.

I also dont think ive seen any new unit production being built.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay, ive found their land production ,AND i caught them building new land production, AND they had engineers at the build site
Chuckle TM
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

A change in the last fasttrack had the AI take a look at whether their planet was under threat before building more land/air/sea production facilties. In the prior build, they looked at whether they were at war or not, but because of the Pirates they are always at war (but pirates are not a land thread).

We need to balance that a bit more carefully so that they can be a bit more prepared if attacks are expected.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

When i finally found the enemy land production, it was almost entirely clustered in the area around their starting capital. i used to find the land production mostly along the map borders ,was this due to an intentional change or just happenstance ?
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's a thing we're still working on...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - GR”