I love the mechanic changes to landings

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

I love the mechanic changes to landings

Post by tkobo »

I love that the enemy, including ground units attack on sight/landing , and i love the new dispersal system for the landing units.

I did not see any shield action though,is the plan for shields on the transports to abosrb incoming enemy damage from all sources ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: I love the mechanic changes to landings

Post by Balthagor »

I started rewriting the documentation last week to reflect our implementation notes. I'll update this thread in a few days with the full details.

Short version - research to find shields. Send units for repair to refit and gain shields. Shields are very effective but tied to your energy level.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

K, i have my first exp on a minor faction world where the enemy can throw a decent attack at me...The first stage of the unload is great .

But the units dont move out of the landing zone automatically, so it all bogs down.And to move them all manually is a real chore and unless you want your transports wiped out before they can unload ,you have to pause the game and issue those needed orders.Multiple times.

Now i have the AI locked out of control of the units , i dont know if this is why they dont move from the landing hexes.BUT they need to do so, even if the ai is locked out. A single transport fills the surrounding hexes ,and its likey the player will land a stack of seven. Sooooo the ai needs to expand the beachhead automatically at least 5 times .

landing all 7 transports from a stack individually works better, but is also a chore.

So, again, thy landing troop stacks need to push out one hex for about each transport landed in the center hex,they need to do so automatically, and very fast.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

doh, i forgot to use move in formation.... area grab and move in formation moves all six stacks at once ,which makes things flow smoother....but auto-expand would still be preferred.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

K, when i was looking for "shield action" , i was looking for that shield flare we see in space ,but apparently that affect doesnt show on the planet.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Oh, planet bound units don't get shields. The icon should not be showing. Known issue, in redesign.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - GR”