said it before, ill say it again...I really hate those grey mountain border areas on the map

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

said it before, ill say it again...I really hate those grey mountain border areas on the map

Post by tkobo »

The more i play, the more i hate them
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: said it before, ill say it again...I really hate those grey mountain border areas on the map

Post by Balthagor »

You mean the top and bottom of the map?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: said it before, ill say it again...I really hate those grey mountain border areas on the map

Post by tkobo »

yup
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Got any ideas? We still use cylindrical worlds. We don't want units on the edges. We need something to simulate the poles.

Is it just the visual we're using you dislike?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

A few things really compound current issues...
*units get stuck up there without supply
*centering on a unit up or down there, on the edges ,means you have to zoom the map AND move the map.Its annoying.

Both of the above add insult to injury when theres a lot happening on the map and the game wont let you select units with a normal click unit/click all.Which during a large invasion of one of the main npc worlds,happens alot.
Id suggest giving all worlds a large thick water border.Make it thick enough that we can move the focus point of the map to the highest and lowest land focus points without having to zoom in.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote: Jun 09 2021 ...Id suggest giving all worlds a large thick water border...
We can't, some worlds have no water at all but are still landable.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

...only other option i can see, is make the entire border area thicker ,and make the entire border area no go for units. Something they cant travel on at all.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hmm. We'll consider this. Likely a discussion for later. Feel free to bump next month or something...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay, you did this on purpose, you can admit it ....

Now the grey border expands....so if you have troops on the grey border ,and those troops move into enemy territory ,the new ground they take instead of being your faction land,is gray border land....

:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ttpYQUPzro
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote: Jul 04 2021 Okay, you did this on purpose, you can admit it ....

Now the grey border expands....so if you have troops on the grey border ,and those troops move into enemy territory ,the new ground they take instead of being your faction land,is gray border land....
I don't think this is doing what you think it's doing. If you look at the terrain layer with hotkey CTRL+T or if you inspect the type of terrain per hex in the land department, it is usually a mix of Tundra and Rough. Because you have the supply layer on, it's hard for me to see that it stays the same, but having a terrain tile change it's base type is a pretty unlikely bug. Are you sure about this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

No, it isnt what i first thought it could be .After i examined it,i noticed id confused supply overlay with ownership overlay, and that the terrain showing under the advance was just a similar color and texture to the grey border.
...but when you first see it,it sure as heck looks like it is.

Which of course is another reason to find a better solution to the grey border menace.If weve learned anything from "The Blob" and its sequels,sooner or later the grey menace thaws and starts to spread again.Best to get it off the map completely :P
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm still missing an alternative, we can't really have units in the far upper/lower portions of the map. In fact, where you landed your spaceship isn't intended to be possible, I'll be reviewing the rules for those limits.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Last id tried, aircraft could fly into the "mountain" area of the border as well.
Chuckle TM

Return to “General Discussion - GR”