how to invade a world in GR?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

youssef
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

how to invade a world in GR?

Post by youssef »

how many units do I need ?
what types of units do i need? '
what important technology should i have before the invasion?
and how should I conduct myself during the invasion?
how much time should I expect until the aliens surrender?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: how to invade a world in GR?

Post by tkobo »

1-how many ? it really depends on how great a location you can find.But expect to need 300+ just to make a beach head that will survive the massive air assault that will hit your beach head

2- types ? right now unit balance is really bad , so only build the light infantry vi for the landing.They are the only ground unit that has the ability to survive .You can build the recon,anti-air,etcc... you'll need on the new planet

3-what tech ? theres no reason not to finish the tech tree.its small enough and you dont get the light VIs til pretty much the end of it

4-How ? establish a beach head, build new ground and air facilities to allow you to push out of the beach head ,use massive air assaults to wipe out any mil or production facs that give the enemy supply in the area you intend to push into,wait for the enemies supply to dwindle in the hexes ,then use massive air assaults to create gaps in the enemy forces to advance your troops into.Then mop up as you can and form a stable frontline ,destroy enemy supply by your frontline, wait for their hex supply to go zero ,send out massive air to see whats in your way and remove as much as you can, slowly advance your ground troops as organized as possible.

5-how long til victory ? No clue,havent gotten there yet.

My exp is the enemy ai will use its art and air to wipe out your art,anti-air,and recon.Your light infantry VI will survive the best and enable you to hold your beach head.You will need to field as much air as they can.Helis ae the most overall effective currently. But jets are a tad better at destroying facs.Expect to lose a lot of air units.expect to lose a lot of ground units
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “General Discussion - GR”