Early Access Release Date Update

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Early Access Release Date Update

Post by George Geczy »

Hello everyone!

Sorry for some of the developer silence on these forums regarding the Demo and Early Access release date - we've been working very hard and are getting very very close!

Unfortunately, we didn't get close enough to take part in the Steam Indie Games Festival. Creating a playable Demo version would have pulled a lot of development efforts away from our milestones and roadmap to Early Access release, and with everyone in our studio still working remotely we just couldn't reach the finish line in time for a Demo. We've even been having trouble getting together to record update videos.

So, Plan B (from outer space!):

We will not be releasing a playable demo - at least not at this time. Some of the limitations in our Early Access release include lack of a tutorial, and so we felt that people wouldn't really be able to get a good experience in the demo of a game this detailed.

We are now targeting November 10th as our Early Access Release Date. Missed Q3 slightly, but maybe in the Martian Calendar?

We will be publishing a features roadmap as part of the Early Access release, so that players will know exactly what is in and what is not yet there. We don't want anyone surprised by what features are not complete in the Early Access release.

And there will be features still in development - we've made the decision to go to Early Access to get our player community involved, to get feedback and suggestions, and to help shape the continuing development of Galactic Ruler towards a full final release.

So thank you all for your support and patience, and look for more information in the next couple of weeks as we drive towards our Early Access release!

-- The BattleGoat Studios Team
Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Early Access Release Date Update

Post by Rosalis »

Tutorial in SRU is pretty useless, whats more important is ingame feedback on what the options/features do. And no fake buildings and stuff with no effects. Ofcourse you dont have to spoil every little thing.

If the early access is free, people are not in the position to complain. If they got questions there are several platforms, which are getting activity then.

Anyway good to see you guys are not rushing things. Good Luck and stay healthy!
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Looking forward to this one guys. I haven't modded since SR2020 early days, but I plan to dive headfirst into this one :)
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Just bought it. Already very pleasantly surprised by what i see... I'll post a detailed review on Steam asap.

Great job BG !!!
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Congrats and much success !

Downloading... :)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Thanks Xbwalker for the youtube video. But geez BG learn to turn down your sounds, 2nd time im telling you. Or make an option for streaming. The sound is already high tho. The streaming software just makes it 10x worse.

The feedback isnt to my liking so yeah. Good luck with the people that do. 100% goes forward from the economy of SRU. Economy doesnt mather. Im waiting to see if the plans are actually making it in. You would expect economy to be tested in a very early stage. For example why would you want a high population? Reserves? What as player keeps you the reasons to keep conquering planets?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Rosalis wrote: Nov 11 2020 Thanks Xbwalker for the youtube video. But geez BG learn to turn down your sounds, 2nd time im telling you. Or make an option for streaming. The sound is already high tho. The streaming software just makes it 10x worse.
I saw this comment on another forum too - so is game sound effects to high in general (we should default down the setting?) Or is it just coming through too high for streamers (that have to deal with balacing game audio with their own separate audio feeds).
The feedback isnt to my liking so yeah. Good luck with the people that do. 100% goes forward from the economy of SRU. Economy doesnt mather. Im waiting to see if the plans are actually making it in. You would expect economy to be tested in a very early stage. For example why would you want a high population? Reserves? What as player keeps you the reasons to keep conquering planets?
Definitely going to be working on added more ui feedback and in game feedback. We have some work in both areas under way for the next few updates.
What as player keeps you the reasons to keep conquering planets?
Because humans are like that ? :) But seriously, the balancing of resources to make expansion an 'imperative' is under constant development.

-- George.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

And of course a big thank you (that we'll be repeating often) to everyone taking part in the Early Access. And if you choose instead to wait until it's ready for full release, we entirely understand and we thank you for your continuing support.

It's always a bit scary to let your kid wander out into the real world, especially when that kid hasn't learned all it's key lessons yet :) But the feedback we're getting in Early Access will help make GR 10x better* as development continues.

-- George.

*10x used as a descriptive value and your actual percentage of betterness may vary based on individual preferences.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Congratulations on the release!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

About the sound, default (music) sound should be 50% lower. SFX sound 80% as far im concerned.
Alot of youtube videos of Supreme ruler the sound is way too high. Especially when someone build something its like everything in my house is falling down. This is due to lack of adjustments by the streamer, but if you make it 50% lower its already much better.
Honestly just check the first video of xbwalker and you can torture yourself. You can lower your own sound, but the game sound is still louder then him speaking, so its actually hard to follow the video. But after he adjusted the sound the sfx still made it way too loud. Atleast i think its sfx sound that you hear when building. I dont even have sensitive ears.

About the economy and general gameplay. All i will say is i hope it will be interactive in the end.

Return to “General Discussion - GR”