1936 AI controlled game

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

1936 AI controlled game

Post by Clubfoot55 »

I'm sure others have done this, but I haven't seen this anywhere on the forum after moderately extensive searching, so here it is. I wondered how close the resemblance to actual history the game would get if I just let it run by itself. To rephrase that, I will not be doing anything other than allowing my ministers to automatically do things. Even if it is scripted, it should turn out to be pretty interesting. I started a game as New Zealand in 1936 with no units with all the other settings on normal. When I wake up in couple hours, maybe New Zealand won't even exist!
Jack16
Captain

Re: 1936 AI controlled game

Post by Jack16 »

Looking forward to see what the end result will be!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Not me.. Germany owns mainland Europe and USSR, China owns Japan and the rest like UK building tons of artillery and never attacks Germany after losing their infantry on failed invasions.
Gameplay 1st
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

So far the year is 1941. Germany is in a stalemate with France a few hexes west of the original border. Japan has pushed China extremely far inland, but China continues to resist. The Americans and Soviets don't appear to have done much of anything, and although the Soviet Union is at war with Germany little action has been taken. I decided to break my rule of not doing anything and take some of the Japanese colonial islands. I'll probably post another update when the game reaches 1942.
koen2003
Private

Post by koen2003 »

im liking this :-)
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Sorry it's been awhile, AP geography is killing me.

Anyhow, it is now 1943. Germany has been pushed back almost to Berlin by the allies, however they have taken the Soviet Union so I expect them to either send forces to defend Berlin or just move their capital when Berlin falls. I will have a good laugh if the allies end up invading German controlled Russia but Germany doesn't have any German loyal land.

sidenote: I'll include screenshots next update.

The Americans have some infantry units in China, but they don't seem to be doing much else. Japan has been reduced to it's present day territory. China took over Manchuria, and again breaking my rule of not interfering, I seized the opportunity and liberated Korea. Thankfully Korea isn't at war with the Japanese war machine, if it were it wouldn't stand a chance.

Lastly, Italy has built up quite a massive military but doesn't seem to be using it yet.

Stay tuned for more updates!
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

AAR is not dead, I've just been busy. [_]O
Snoutmaster
Warrant Officer

Post by Snoutmaster »

New Zealand is awesome
Krawiec
Corporal

Post by Krawiec »

YoMomma wrote:Not me.. Germany owns mainland Europe and USSR, China owns Japan and the rest like UK building tons of artillery and never attacks Germany after losing their infantry on failed invasions.
Yeah. because this game is so ******* broken.
played 6 times this scenario and it ALWAYS ends up this way
no matter what difficulty or hot relations are. it's walways the sam
war never changes

especially in this ****** not completed "game" which is poorly scripted and have no ******* AI.
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Krawiec wrote:
YoMomma wrote:Not me.. Germany owns mainland Europe and USSR, China owns Japan and the rest like UK building tons of artillery and never attacks Germany after losing their infantry on failed invasions.
Yeah. because this game is so **** broken.
played 6 times this scenario and it ALWAYS ends up this way
no matter what difficulty or hot relations are. it's walways the sam
war never changes

especially in this ****** not completed "game" which is poorly scripted and have no **** AI.
Chill. The AI isn't the greatest but of course the game will end the same way if you don't do anything to influence it. It's a historical game.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

uhm What exactly is historical in your quote?
Gameplay 1st
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

YoMomma wrote:uhm What exactly is historical in your quote?
I was talking to the other guy but as the game takes place in the past it's a historical game.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Lemme just delete this comment.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “After Action Reports”