Modding sru remastered

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

MattTheDamon
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Modding sru remastered

Post by MattTheDamon »

Like all I would like to do is be able to play cw remastered and give a country all of the units and techs the us has. Basically i want to play like a panama start but have access to everything as I build up. Anyone know how I could do this?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Modding sru remastered

Post by Rosalis »

depends do you want access to everything or should all countries have access to everything?

Basicly in the unit file you could do @ under region codes, this makes it accessible to everyone. else you need to adjust Panama in the .CVP file of that sandbox. There are also region codes, but this file is more to adjust the specific region. Then you need the settings from US.

from wiki: https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Regional_Data
worldavail (A,B,C,…Z) Equipment Research/Build World Region(s)
Default ‘@ (Worldwide)’; See Standards/Equip List for Values
Also called 'buildavail' in code references
worldavail and armsavail are not combined during region group; master region data is always used
armsavail (A,B,C,…Z) Arms Sales/Grants World Region Predisposition (default none)
Region groups that will be more AI-inclined to trade with us

Just asking cause in CW atleast UK has access to green barrets in 1950. Perfectly balanced :roll: I dont know about the remastered mod tho. Havent seen much feedback from the mod, besides people saying they play it.
MattTheDamon
Sergeant

Post by MattTheDamon »

The world avail was the prob thanks so much I got it working. I was just wanting panama. I want to play a really small weak country and rise it to power but have the ability to not rely on buying everything I need.
MattTheDamon
Sergeant

Post by MattTheDamon »

Well I thought I had it working but after a bit in I realized that it disabled remaster. All vanilla stats and models. I guess when you recache it screws up sru remastered? Dont know where to go from here. Must be a step Im missing. I looked thru the wiki but I cant find the answer. All I change is the cvp file and then recache and remastered is gone.
Last edited by MattTheDamon on Mar 03 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Are you talking about the version Cyrus Jackson released? The mod does not include a default.unit file from what I remember so recaching it is not really possible.
MattTheDamon
Sergeant

Post by MattTheDamon »

Yes so I cant mod it? It needs to have that file to recache?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Maybe its not called default.unit but remastered.unit. Every scenario gotta have a .UNIT file. Another possibility is that with changing the map structure BG did for the workshop, some files might be in the "wrong" maps. Its pretty long since that mod got updated.

In the .SCENARIO file you can find the path to all the files.

Or he removed the default.unit from the download file, in that case you can only play the save game in the cache. No possible way to edit saves. You could use the vanilla unit file, but i think all he did was add more US units, so yeah you need the unit file to edit that mod. Maybe spend a few hrs copying the units you are missing.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”