How can we fix the order Attack Fortifications in ROE??

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

How can we fix the order Attack Fortifications in ROE??

Post by Arahatree »

I have an important question:

If we have selected a group of aircraft bombers and we go to configure their ROE, in the "UNIT ROLES", when we select "Engage ground targets" or "Engage airborne targets", etc. it works perfect: whenever the aircrafts find that type of target they shoot. Why "Attack Fortifications" doesn't work at all and the bombers ignore fortifications completly?? It's the same type of button, the same mechanic, the same everything, why the aircraft can't do that?

If we set aircfat patrolling with that Unit role selected, we would have automatic strategic bombing. If we already have automatic unit bombing, if that's already working perfectly, why it can't work with fortification attack? i don't understand.

So i tried modding the file orders.csv trying to make it look like the orders bomb unit and attack unit. At the same time i tried modding the DEFAULT.UNIT in a way that buildings have the same characteristics as ground units (i even set a number of battalions and crew for each buildings, all the same stats as ground units) and the aircraft still doesn't bomb the fortifications. How can that be possible? is it hardcoded?? Is there a way to fix this?

I made macros for strategic bombing automatically and it works, but the problem is that the macro steals my mouse cursor until it finishes, so i can't defend my ground units at the same time i'm strategic bombing. And while i'm managing my units to fight, if i don't strat bombing for a while, the buildings bombed are repaired by the enemy and the loop never ends.

To fix that ROE button would solve everything. Strat bombing is the main strategy of war, in ww2 and modern warfare. Why would we want to surround units in blitzkrieg if their supplies can't be depletd by strat bombing?? all blitzkrieg strategy is pointless until that button is fixed.

Anyone has any idea how this could be fixed or modded or if it's hardcoded??

Thank you in advance
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: How can we fix the order Attack Fortifications in ROE??

Post by Arahatree »

I just thought about making a mod in which all strat aircfat have at least 1 size missile capacity and create a new missile unit with size 1 and fortification attack. But "Fire missile" order also has the same problem, automatic fire only works when the missile is for ground units. What do buildings have that makes impossible to attack them automatically? why they can't be attacked if we don't do right-click and select order manually?

Is it maybe because they can't be flaged as allied/enemy? where can i find that type of flag?

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”