AllLoad.ini

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

AllLoad.ini

Post by Uriens »

There seems to be a problem with the way game handles AllLoad.ini file. Game apparently INSISTS to use default AllLoad.ini file which means that you have to mod original files if you want to change, for example, picnums or aiparams files. I tried the method mentioned in the supremewiki by adding inclfile: "MYFILE" at the bottom of the scenario file, then tried to add it in the &GMC section of the scenario file (as suggested in the supremewiki as well). Finally i tried completely omitting allload.ini from scenario file and include all entries from it directly in the scenario file - this actually worked immediately after creating cache, but when you start new game those files are no longer loaded (no city graphics for example). This one was tried by Ruges while ago in this thread, still doesn't work.

Basically, if you want to mod any of the files mentioned in the allload.ini file, you have to edit original files which brakes compatibility. Considering the new workshop support, i'd suggest looking into this since "maps" types of mods might run into issues in the current state.

Btw, this seems to be directly related with the problem already reported in this thread.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: AllLoad.ini

Post by Balthagor »

k, noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to look at this earlier. The answer is buried deep in the history of the engine, forgotten by all, but the engine does have an answer. I lit some incense and did some incantations, and here is the info:

There is a setting in the &&GMC section of .scenario files called "inclfile:"
As of this minute, this is mentioned but completely undocumented in the wiki ( https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Scenario_Files ) although by the time you read this I'll update the info.

Basically, this is where the replacement for "Allload.ini" needs to be specified. If there is no entry in the .scenario file, it defaults to "Allload". So this always pulls in \INI\Alload.INI into each game unless something else is specified.

One flaw in the design is that in the current engine it always looks in the INI folder, and doesn't support a path. In fact it's limited to a 16 character name, no path.

BUT, in the upcoming update with Steam Workshop support, the new mod-path system takes over, and it means that each sandbox and scenario can have it's own INI\ files directory. So for a sandbox called "WereScrewed", if you create it as a Steam workshop Sandbox, your paths would be:

\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed.scenario
\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed\WereScrewed.csv <<< etc ... this is new, these files used to be in the same directory as the .scenario file, now they are one directory lower
\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed\INI\Allload.ini << Custom INI for this sandbox

You also have the option of creating a new sandbox in the base game and uploading it as a core game MODS workshop item. In this case, let's say you want to make a new sandbox called SR1999 :

\Sandbox\SR1999.scenario
\Sandbox\SR1999\SR1999.csv etc
\Sandxox\SR1999\INI\Allload.ini << Custom INI for this sandbox. If this file doesn't exist, it will use the default one instead

All core game files can be overridden in the same way.

So TLDR is : This is supported much better in the next update.

-- George.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

George Geczy wrote: Mar 09 2020 Sorry that I didn't get a chance to look at this earlier. The answer is buried deep in the history of the engine, forgotten by all, but the engine does have an answer. I lit some incense and did some incantations, and here is the info:

There is a setting in the &&GMC section of .scenario files called "inclfile:"
As of this minute, this is mentioned but completely undocumented in the wiki ( https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Scenario_Files ) although by the time you read this I'll update the info.

Basically, this is where the replacement for "Allload.ini" needs to be specified. If there is no entry in the .scenario file, it defaults to "Allload". So this always pulls in \INI\Alload.INI into each game unless something else is specified.

One flaw in the design is that in the current engine it always looks in the INI folder, and doesn't support a path. In fact it's limited to a 16 character name, no path.

BUT, in the upcoming update with Steam Workshop support, the new mod-path system takes over, and it means that each sandbox and scenario can have it's own INI\ files directory. So for a sandbox called "WereScrewed", if you create it as a Steam workshop Sandbox, your paths would be:

\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed.scenario
\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed\WereScrewed.csv <<< etc ... this is new, these files used to be in the same directory as the .scenario file, now they are one directory lower
\Scenario\Workshop\WereScrewed\INI\Allload.ini << Custom INI for this sandbox

You also have the option of creating a new sandbox in the base game and uploading it as a core game MODS workshop item. In this case, let's say you want to make a new sandbox called SR1999 :

\Sandbox\SR1999.scenario
\Sandbox\SR1999\SR1999.csv etc
\Sandxox\SR1999\INI\Allload.ini << Custom INI for this sandbox. If this file doesn't exist, it will use the default one instead

All core game files can be overridden in the same way.

So TLDR is : This is supported much better in the next update.

-- George.
That's great change. :-)

I have another question though - does all game core files includes LocalText-Game.csv and LocalText.csv? I have a hard time getting rid of name overrides while keeping compatibility with original game. Specifically, if i wanted to rename Land Factory into Medium Land Factory and NOT change this for any other scenario, i had no good solution. Either i break compatibility or i end up stuck with overrides. I can add entries, that's not problem, changing existing ones and staying compatible is where i'm having troubles. If i could specify different LocalText.csv file for my scenario to be used INSTEAD of the original, that would be great.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”