Modding Spotting Types

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

AK_Humbert
Corporal
Human: Yes

Modding Spotting Types

Post by AK_Humbert »

Hi, Im new at Modding SRU. I started some days ago editing the DEFAULT.UNITS , making some new units and make some ajusts to others, then i tried to change some Spotting Types and start to tink if is possile to edit the Spotting Types.it is possible? if is possile, how could be done?
Nerei
General

Re: Modding Spotting Types

Post by Nerei »

You should be able to adjust existing or define your own spotting types by editing spotting.csv found in the ini folder in SR root. Not sure if you can define a separate document of if you need to edit the base file.
Also I am fairly certain the asset manager does not support editing it so you probably need to edit it with a text editor.

You can also find information about how the spotting stats work on the wiki if you need more information about how spotting works
link
AK_Humbert
Corporal

Post by AK_Humbert »

Thanks man, this really helps, and the link too. looks like spotting is more complex than i think, i will take that in consideration to make my units. :-)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

you can define a separate spotting file, you just need sure to make that it is loaded in your scenario file:
see code example:

Code: Select all

//#include "AllSourceLoad.INI", "INI\"
#include	"RTreaties.CSV", "INI\"
#include	"WTreaties.CSV", "INI\"
#include	"WMVotes.CSV", "INI\"
#include  "Training.CSV", "INI\"	
#include  "DTspotting.CSV", "INI\"
the important task here is to either change the default spotting file in allsourceload.ini or like i did
comment the file out with // , include the other files and of course your own spotting file.
just in case you like to change spotting value of subs: you need to give the subs a first "normal" spotting value
(at least long time ago, i experienced that the sub spotting value was not used)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
AK_Humbert
Corporal

Post by AK_Humbert »

Thanks man, sorry i answear a litle late :-) . This look interesting, i gona take a time to make some experiences with the scenario file and try this.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”