Details and Modding help plz

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

redindus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Details and Modding help plz

Post by redindus »

Been messing with the great war scenario (sandbox) as Japan. Just noticed that civilians were using way too much oils or petroleum usage. Is there a way to cut down on that or just simple raise the cost for them to buy it? Now I been trying to balance things out for Japan, since there isn't any rubbers around, had to buy that from the markets and the price of those rubbers are going high and higher than ever over time. Also some of these buildings, for example Industrial as well Consumer, they sure eat up a lot of things and just curious if I could lower some of these setting usages?

Japan didn't use much oils or petroleum for industrial complex, mostly were coal burning. Now trying to keep that industrial output positive, the consumer is eating way too much industrial goods. Now I would very much like to change some of these data for the usages on these buildings. I just didn't know where to look yet, still messing around with it. Least I can still build something useful for my empire.

Got a question, if I scrap a building, will I get all that industrial goods back or what percentage?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Details and Modding help plz

Post by Balthagor »

The relationships between commodities for consumption and the rates of civilian consumption are both controlled in the WMData file (in /MAPS/DATA) but I don't remember how much information we've posted about that file. Try searching the gamepedia page, see what's posted there.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
redindus
Warrant Officer

Post by redindus »

Balthagor wrote: May 10 2019 The relationships between commodities for consumption and the rates of civilian consumption are both controlled in the WMData file (in /MAPS/DATA) but I don't remember how much information we've posted about that file. Try searching the gamepedia page, see what's posted there.
Thank Balthagor, I looked up the gamepedia you mention and couldn't find what I am looking for. I am not sure if I found the file(s) to adjust it, but it wasn't enough details to understand what this mean in Map/Data/Default.WMData and there are few others with WMDatas as well. Something about WMProduction in the script codes. So having a hard time to see what is this or that in each fields. I am hoping these settings I am looking for aren't hardcoded.

I really want to lower these settings, its important and it feel like it is way too much demand or consumption...

1)Petroleum (CivDemand) should be reduce by 50% percent
2)Consumer Goods (Industry Goods) should be reduce by 50% percent
3)Industry Goods (Military Goods) should be reduce by 50% percent

Hope someone can help me with this, otherwise I just have to shelved the game for good. I have no problem changing unit's details, its the consumption is alittle off or demand too much.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
redindus
Warrant Officer

Post by redindus »

YoMama, thanks I got it. Back in 1914 it was complete different story for some countries. This is why the numbers were way off. So Consumer shouldn't take much from Industry Goods and Industry should get little from Military Goods.

So after testing this, the numbers feel about right and going to play it for couple of years and see how it fit in. I know it vary depending on what country you play.

If I couldn't figure this out or get any help, I would simply would have to boost the production outputs on those demands I mention above.

Thank again guys.

Now I gotta figure out how to move the oil fields from Southern part of Korea and place that in Southern part of Sakhalin Island, where Toyohara is. And there should be one in Hokkaido too, near Sapporo. Been trying to set it up realistic, mention this before, but they never did anything about it. Idk maybe they never played the real WWII in the Pacific where resources are suppose to be.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”