Recolored Map MOD - VER 1

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Patatone
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Recolored Map MOD - VER 1

Post by Patatone »

hello, this mod changes color of the sea and makes everything a little brighter.

Press "L" on keyboard for better results.

how can I mod Map Grid? I wish to change something.

Here some screen

https://imgur.com/a/QDO5zrs

install: just replace zip file content in

.....Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Graphics\Imagery and replace everything.

remember to press L in game for better results. Enjoy and please give me some feedback!

update 07/05: version 1.1 out with reduced pixel edges along shore

version 1.1 https://mega.nz/file/ATVx1BLT#-V4WhNvaf ... d4h5R7-Xrc

Edit: mod published on Steam Workshop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Patatone on May 13 2023, edited 12 times in total.
Tnarg
Colonel

Re: Brighter Map

Post by Tnarg »

This is great! May I have a download link.
Patatone
Sergeant

Re: Brighter Map

Post by Patatone »

Tnarg wrote: May 03 2023 This is great! May I have a download link.
thank you. first version online!
Tnarg
Colonel

Re: Recolored Map MOD - VER 1

Post by Tnarg »

It’s funny how color can make some thing feel new.

I notice that the default imagery file does some sort of blending along shore lines, which removes the pixel edges. Are your able to do that too?

Other than that this is a great addition!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The bleeding edge only exists zoomed in, when 3D terrain is on. If this just modifies the water tile's colour, it likely remains compatible with the 3D terrain bleed. That system is improved in SR2030.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

Tnarg wrote: May 05 2023 It’s funny how color can make some thing feel new.

I notice that the default imagery file does some sort of blending along shore lines, which removes the pixel edges. Are your able to do that too?

Other than that this is a great addition!
Thank you! Plese try turning 3d mode on, as suggested, I am out of home until sunday, I cannot check! Usually I play without 3d terrain, I Will think about a possibile fix for pixel edges
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

Balthagor wrote: May 05 2023 The bleeding edge only exists zoomed in, when 3D terrain is on. If this just modifies the water tile's colour, it likely remains compatible with the 3D terrain bleed. That system is improved in SR2030.
Thank you for response. Looking forward to port this Little mod on Sr2030!
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

Tnarg wrote: May 05 2023 I notice that the default imagery file does some sort of blending along shore lines, which removes the pixel edges. Are your able to do that too?
version 1.1 out with reduced pixel edges along shore. Enjoy!
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Tested out your latest version with pixel edge fix. Looks great, nice work!
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

Tnarg wrote: May 11 2023 Tested out your latest version with pixel edge fix. Looks great, nice work!
thank you! just added this on steam workshop
AVP
Lieutenant

Post by AVP »

This looks great! Nice work. Would be useful for SR2030 as well. From the screenshots, everything I’m SR2030 seems a bit dark.
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

Any ideas about how add text (Sea, Rivers etc.) On map?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

1. Editing the HD-map tiles in the subfolder Graphics\Imagery. Good luck finding the right tiles.
2. Using map terrain. This is very limited (Total number is 32 if i remember right) there are not much unused terrains left. You can make a custom mesh for this terrain (ie some nice description and place it on the map)
3. Placing a container like a town and naming it. Unfortunately it is an Entity that can be conquered, but the AI does not rename it. Would need high population numbers to be visible at larger zoom out levels.
4. Like 3, but instead using something like a village, you make a container that cannot change to another container (unlike population centers) and assign a large custom mesh, similar to point 2. - may look weird, and visibility can be removed at farther zoom levels, at least you have basically almost no limits about placement.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Supreme Ruler 2030 now has an option in Maps for 3 different blue water colours. One of them tries to be similar to this mod. Thanks for the suggestion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Patatone
Sergeant

Post by Patatone »

evildari wrote: Jun 02 2023 1. Editing the HD-map tiles in the subfolder Graphics\Imagery. Good luck finding the right tiles.
2. Using map terrain. This is very limited (Total number is 32 if i remember right) there are not much unused terrains left. You can make a custom mesh for this terrain (ie some nice description and place it on the map)
3. Placing a container like a town and naming it. Unfortunately it is an Entity that can be conquered, but the AI does not rename it. Would need high population numbers to be visible at larger zoom out levels.
4. Like 3, but instead using something like a village, you make a container that cannot change to another container (unlike population centers) and assign a large custom mesh, similar to point 2. - may look weird, and visibility can be removed at farther zoom levels, at least you have basically almost no limits about placement.
Mmm thank you. I Wish to add sea names and recolor Deep Sea, best way It would be go for 1, as I found a way to recreate the map accosting in levels images... Very difficult. Thanks for sharing ideas

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”