[UI-MOD] Units Manager (Updated 20-dic-2020)

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Units Manager (Updated 20-dic-2020)

Post by Arahatree »

Hi everyone!!

This mod is a units manager. Instead of working in that vanilla little box to manage all your 3000 units, you can work in a big window that shows all information you need and as many untis as possible.

With this mod you don't even need to look at stats now (even though you can still do so), all information is at simple sight, in a split of a second you can see all stats in all your units and manage them accordingly.

You can manage your battle groups in the manager, etc. Well, the screenshots speak for themselves.

All stats are included, except for carrier capacity (because there was no space for that last stat and it's not so crucial to see it there).

Note on how it works:
I you select the units on the map and then press the Units Manager button, the units will be selected too in the manager. If you select the units in the manager and then press escape, you will lose the selection. But if after selecting them in the manager you press the "close window" button at the top left of the Units manager window (or if you click outside the units manager window), you will get back to the map without losing the selection.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: Evildari and mrgenie. Without them this mod wouldn't exist.

INSTALLATION:
Unpack in main folder and overwrite (backup your files first).
If you want this mod only for vanilla: First install the mod and then unpack the folder "Install this file if you want the mod only for vanilla" in the main folder and overwrite.

This mod is compatible with all these mods:
- Supreme Overview (by Evildari).
- Bodycount (by Evildari).
- Switch fast to another country without loading (by Arahatree).

Here is the link to download the mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sDHo-p ... sp=sharing

Updated 20-dic-2020:
- Added Carrier capacity stat
- Added Fortification attack and its range
- Included these buttons: ROE, Missiles, Orders.
- New units list backgroud that looks cleaner.

Here are the screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arahatree on Dec 20 2020, edited 11 times in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Units Manager

Post by Arahatree »

Screenshot with all buttons:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

hi Arahatree,

check the packed files - it doesnt look like on your screen:
1. the sidebar is missing
2. the window is not as wide as in your screen
3. the region selection does not work anymore (tries to call "Mod_changeCountry")
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Dec 18 2020 hi Arahatree,

check the packed files - it doesnt look like on your screen:
1. the sidebar is missing
2. the window is not as wide as in your screen
3. the region selection does not work anymore (tries to call "Mod_changeCountry")
[_]O Maybe i sent the wrong packed files.... :lol:
I'll reupload them, in my game everything is working perfect.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ok, i just reupload it. Could you try now and tell me if it's ok?
Check if the following lines are not in conflict with your file Styles.csv

24,1,1,0,0,0,1900,1926,,,,,,,,,,,,,//,826,Units manager,21811,16x9,1128,1090,,,,,
25,1,1,0,0,0,393,1080,,,,,,,,,,,,,//,827,Mod_changeCountry,21811,16x9,1128,1090,,,,,
26,1,1,0,0,0,393,1080,,,,,,,,,,,,,//,828,Mod_hotspots,21811,16x9,1128,1090,,,,,

lines 1035, 1036 and 1037.

Because maybe you are using those for another mod. (The last line is for the next mod that i'm doing. It shouldn't affect, because i don't think you have HAPS using 828
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

I'm going to upload an update for the mod "Switch fast to another country without loading", that's the reason that line is there. I made a cool custom background because before it was transparent and small list.

I have finished it, but i'm thinking that instead of uploading stand alone mods, i should upload everything together as a single pack (the idea from mrgenie), because now i'm introducing my own bitmaps, i'm modifying Styles.csv and TITLEBAR.HAPX, and there could be conflict. It will be a mess in the end.

At the beginning i liked the idea of stand alone mods because before i wasn't using my own bitmaps and people could just choose what they liked and reject what they don't. But i think i'm going to do that.

I also finished the hotspots list enlarged mod (still didn't upload it either).
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

The list of countries in W2020 sandbox is very large, so i made it larger for that reason:
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

now the link requires me to sign into google drive
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Dec 19 2020 now the link requires me to sign into google drive
Yes, i uploaded to google drive, you don't have an account? If you don't want to sign to google drive I can upload it into another server, just tell me which one is free and convenient. Or if you send me your e-mail i send it via e-mail.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 19 2020
Yes, i uploaded to google drive, you don't have an account? If you don't want to sign to google drive I can upload it into another server, just tell me which one is free and convenient. Or if you send me your e-mail i send it via e-mail.
dont have google drive
but your first google link worked without signing in

edit:well now it worked
also if you made your own entry point and background - it would be better to also use your own LB file - since now your MOD_71UNI1_LB1 overwrites my mods one and it does not fit that right well (looks chopped off)

good job - now have fun getting the order buttons like "clear orders" to work - does not seem to do much.

i do not use styles.csv since iam not good at graphics
my mods
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Dec 19 2020
Arahatree wrote: Dec 19 2020
dont have google drive
but your first google link worked without signing in

edit:well now it worked
also if you made your own entry point and background - it would be better to also use your own LB file - since now your MOD_71UNI1_LB1 overwrites my mods one and it does not fit that right well (looks chopped off)

good job - now have fun getting the order buttons like "clear orders" to work - does not seem to do much.

i do not use styles.csv since iam not good at graphics
That's right, i didn't think about that! When i get some free time i'll do my own LB file so that it doesn't modify your MOD_71UNI1_LB1.

The button "Clear orders" works only when you are in the "selected units" list and you select units inside of that list, and not at all in the "Deployed units" list. That's the reason i made the button "Cancel orders" that works in both lists. Maybe i should just remove the button "clear orders", but i don't know which other button should i put there to replace it, i'll think about it (I tried Scrapping units button, but i don't know why it doesn't work, so i didn't include it).
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Maybe i should add a button for missiles! and also another one for ROE and another one for orders!! :D i'll try whenever i have some free time for that
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ok, so i just uploaded the mod again and now it's not using your HAPS file, sorry for that :roll:

That was urgent and it's done. Now i'll try to introduce buttons for ROE, missiles and orders. Maybe more buttons if that's possible/useful.

Please, let me know any other issues or suggestions. Thank you for testing and comments :-)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Getting better and better :D
- Now included and working these buttons: ROE, Missiles, Orders.
- New units list backgroud that looks cleaner.

I just realized if i set the large stats in green small style, carrier capacity could fit in a column.
I'm going to see if i can introduce carrier capacity, the only stat remaining, and i'll upload this update :-)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”