[MOD] Global AI stance option included now

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[MOD] Global AI stance option included now

Post by Arahatree »

Hi to all!

What this mod does is to include the Global AI stance option to be accessed in the middle of a game. Because i think it's interesting to start a game with a passive AI stance and then turn it aggressive in the middle of a game.

INSTALLATION:
Unpack file into HAPS folder and overwrite (backup files first).

ISSUE:
The button to deploy options can't be clicked right into the botton, it has to be when the button iluminates when you hover the cursor around it. You have to click where i point in the next screenshot. I will try to fix this in the future.

I didn't have enough time to test this mod in diplomacy. About the battlefield, without this mod, when setting a new game the Global AI Stance is not making AI more aggressive in battle anyways. I think it's a bug that i already reported. I hope they fix it.

This mod includes "Show/hide 3d objects" option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [MOD] Global AI stance option included now

Post by Arahatree »

Screenshot showing where do you have to click to work:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Wonderfull, great job. Ill see if it actually works during the game in coming days. This has been a big request of me.

In a way it does influence agressiveness since it will be more agressive sending units, not the way most will expect tho. I see this as range indicator.

passive = camping military complexes and big important cities.
defensive = camping each facility more balanced and use stacks to advance (if they got many units)
normal/default = balanced
agressive = suppose to accept ai unit request world wide
Unpredictabe = in my experience it loads a stance in the beginning of the game for each region. So interesting to see how this works in a running game. Maybe you need to save and load the game.

Playing with loyalty penalties may effect performance. (may only care for loyal territory on passive/defensive/normal)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Rosalis wrote: Dec 10 2020 Wonderfull, great job. Ill see if it actually works during the game in coming days. This has been a big request of me.

In a way it does influence agressiveness since it will be more agressive sending units, not the way most will expect tho. I see this as range indicator.

passive = camping military complexes and big important cities.
defensive = camping each facility more balanced and use stacks to advance (if they got many units)
normal/default = balanced
agressive = suppose to accept ai unit request world wide
Unpredictabe = in my experience it loads a stance in the beginning of the game for each region. So interesting to see how this works in a running game. Maybe you need to save and load the game.

Playing with loyalty penalties may effect performance. (may only care for loyal territory on passive/defensive/normal)
I'm glad you like this mod :-)

Testing will be appreciated. Please write your feedback, since i still didn't have time for testing and i don't have much experience about AI behaviour with this setting, it's possible that i think it's not working and it's actually working and viceversa.

As you mentioned, It's possible that it needs to save and load the game, but it's possible that the setting is changed in real time, that would be cool hehehehe

Anyways, if it needs to save and load the game is still an improvement, because before there was no way to change this setting loading the game.

Thank you in advance :)
arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

Does it actually have any effect on ongoing game?

SRU Internal can be used to inspect (and change) AI stance of individual countries and those doesn't seem to change when using this mod.. My guess is that Global AI stance is assigned to countries on game start unless it's Default, which means that every country gets it's own default stance.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”