[UI-MOD] All-In-One Package

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

[UI-MOD] All-In-One Package

Post by mrgenie »

This project is BETA

First of all, I love the mod by Evildari, the Overview mod and it gave me some ideas which I like for my own game-play experience.
  • Adding an "Extended ToolTip" for hovering over units for instance.
  • Fix the Overview mod of Evildari caused in the vanilla menu the unit list under the research panel to scroll out of the window
The goals I set is that the update files should work both on their own with the vanilla version as well as with the Overview Mod.

In short:' compatibility with SRU Vanilla and Overview"

There's also been an issue with hotkeys, at least on my computer where the F1 had no functionality and the DEPARTMENT buttons not
properly attached to the F-keys and the F-12 from Evildari keeps making a screenshot every time.
So I also added a Hotkey - Modification where F1 - F7 are the Departments and F8 the Overview from Evildari

In the 2nd post are the files to be downloaded
In the 3rd post is the To Do List (work in progress)

Min Requirement, I maintained the EvilDari min screen resolution height of 1080 pixels. Compatibility!
My recommendation thus is 1920x1080 as minimum resolution.
If you still work on a stone-age monitor.. DON'T! :lol:

Examples of current status of the All-In-One GUI Mod below in the screenshots.

Lower Left menu adapted to Evildari Extended Unit List and the ToolTip:
Example3in1_1.jpg
Overview Mod of Evildari with the TooTip:
Example3in1_2.jpg
ToolTip in the Diplomacy screen:
Example3in1_3.jpg

Note 1: I personally don't give a sh*t about credits, so all credits go to Evildari, Arahatree, BG Studio or whoever wants them.
Note 2: I don't keep track if I use something from the modding community who made what.
Note 3: Some game modifications/addition are brought to my attention by reading the forum and there's not always a link to the original contributor
Note 4: if you feel it necessary to have credits for your work, I can understand, just let me know what is it you are the original creator of and I'll add the credits
Finally: My concern in a modding community is for people to have fun/joy and can contribute constructively if they have comments/complaints/bugs/whatever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mrgenie on Dec 07 2020, edited 7 times in total.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: [UI-MOD] All-In-One Package

Post by mrgenie »

Downloads: If you see here the version increasing several times within a day or even an hour, it means I'm playing myself and while playing everything I catch I'm updating/adding/fixing
Last edited by mrgenie on Dec 20 2020, edited 29 times in total.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

To Do
  1. Re-enable filtered out GAM_ROOT panels - still 2 to each other related panels filtered out; purpose: if I see what's missing I can comment what this panel is used for (obData 2000)
  2. ToolTip Extended Panel add Annual Maintenance & change text "Goods Cost" into "Military Goods Required" and "Uranium Cost" into "Uranium Required"
  3. Unit ToolTip in DEFENSE PRODUCTION and DEFENSE Departments need to have the extended ToolTip also
  4. There is some different Information in the various ToolTips like Morale, Experience, Cargo, etc.. make sure we don't break it.. verify it's not broken after adding the extended ToolTip!
  5. Subpreme Ruler Overview by Evildari - Sub-mod by Arahatree
  6. Merge/add/replace Arahatree hotkey addition with current one
  7. Merge/add Civilian Casualties Mod
  8. Merge/Add change country on the fly
  9. Consider dedicated Large Unit Management Panel
  10. Redesign the Overview Mod with button panels to the left - so unit lists stretch from top to bottom
  11. Show big 3D model in Extended ToolTip
  12. some default ToolTips for Research/Defense Department for units don't show all the information.. make sure all the information (excluding morale and other live information) is available in both tooltips.. especially the annual maintenance
  13. Adding UI-SUBMOD Buildinspector viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31872&p=198583#p198583
  14. adding Civilian Casualties viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31916&p=198584#p198584
  15. adding Units Manager viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31926
Done - note anything added here to single mods is automatically included for that day in the All-In-One Package
  1. Version 3 on date 8 DEC 2020 - ToolTip Extended Panel for Missiles HAPS needs to be updated
It's more than likely every now and then changes in single modifications of game files break references/links/data in other game files.
This is normal, no need to worry.. just post a screenshot or a proper description. The core question to these issues: "can it be repeated?"
If it can, it can be fixed! If not, then it's maybe some local files just screwed up and not necessarily the modifications. Before hunting for something
that can't be repeated, better verify game files integrity with steam, download latest mod-files and copy them over the verified game files.
That's a hundred times less work and time-consuming for you, then it is for me hunting for non-repeating aka random issues.
Last edited by mrgenie on Dec 20 2020, edited 20 times in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Arahatree »

Hi mrgenie!

woowww! looking at the screenshots this looks really great! I will try it out whenever i get some more free time, right now i can't.

Same opinion here, i love the Supreme Overview mod. Looking at the screenshots I think you didn't include the buttons at the bottom that i made in my Sub-mod for Surpreme Overview. Filtering units without need of getting out of the main unit atlas, for example, is very useful. Also i made buttons for canceling orders of units selected in unit atlas without getting out of the window, etc. That submod is published, i don't know if you tried it out yet.

-------- hotkeys -----------

I still didn't try your hotkeys, but i made a hotkeys mod, still not published that i really like. Maybe you are interested in including it:
Ownership overlay <G> --> because in vanilla there's no hotkey for the most important overlay (ownership).
Fog of war <TAB> ---> Very useful to check if the AI is doing something dumb.
Next are the most common orders close enough to each other:
HOME --> ENTRENCH
INSERT --> REPAIR
SUPR --> GO TO RESERVE
END --> CANCEL ORDERS

Now hotkeys that use Supreme Overview:
F1 --> Supreme overview unit atlas.
F2 --> I keep it on vanilla land department so that we can check the hex.
F3 --> Supreme overview production
F4 --> Supreme overview research
F5 --> Supreme overview production
F6 --> Supreme overview finances
F7 --> Supreme overview (i don't remember the game of the other one remaning).

------------------------

I also set in Supreme overview the unit atlas by default, because that way after selecting units and pressing F1 you don't loose the selection and viceversa.

I'm also including in Supreme overview the mod civilian casualties and my mod to change country on the fly.

Next I attach that HAPS that will allow compatibility with those mods and configuration of the Supreme overview (the rest of files for those mods not included here) plus the hotkeys so that you can check it out:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

mrgenie wrote: Dec 07 2020 Note, there's also a Subpreme Overview Submod, and a letter mod..

What exactly do they do? Should I include them also in the All-in-One GUI ?
Well, the Supreme Overview Submod would be really nice to include, because those extra buttons i added at the bottom are very useful, since you don't need to get out of the main units atlas to work with them. They are good for managing everything in the same window.

And i didn't know about the letter mod, at least i don't remember... i'll check it out.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

One thing i was think is in modifying Supreme Overview in a way that all buttons are installed to the left in vertical and extend all lists all the way from the top of the screen to the bottom, in order to have more space. But it looks like too much work (and too complicated)??, i don't think i could be able to do something like that in a million years, but maybe it's easier than i thought for someone who really understand HAPS files. Anyways, i just mention it in case you didn't think about that idea :D

I think Evildari is reading this, so he can give his opinion.

It would be something like this next screenshot:
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ah, yes, now i remember the letter addon for Supreme Overview. It was a window full of possibilities, but still doesn't have anything there.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 07 2020 Well, the Supreme Overview Submod would be really nice to include, because those extra buttons i added at the bottom are very useful, since you don't need to get out of the main units atlas to work with them. They are good for managing everything in the same window.
Since you're referring to the Units Panel as a Unit Management Interface we Might consider pulling that out of the Overview and give it an own Unique Panel

Doing HAPS files is really easy once you start to use stone-age technology like pen and paper..
While doing everything digital only on the computer I lost track sometimes what I was doing..
But stone-age technology has it's perks :lol:
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 07 2020 One thing i was think is in modifying Supreme Overview in a way that all buttons are installed to the left in vertical and extend all lists all the way from the top of the screen to the bottom, in order to have more space.
That's actually a great idea.. love it!
Arahatree wrote: Dec 07 2020 But it looks like too much work (and too complicated)??
Define "too much work"

Complicated not at all! It's some work for sure, but again, define "too much?"
Arahatree wrote: Dec 07 2020 i don't think i could be able to do something like that in a million years, but maybe it's easier than i thought for someone who really understand HAPS files. Anyways, i just mention it in case you didn't think about that idea :D
I'll add it on the To Do list.. it's a great idea.. might do that later this week :lol:

But first I have to fix some bugs and commented out parts of the GAM_ROOT which I commented out to focus on the essentials while re-designing the lower left menu..

But seriously these HAPS files to edit them is REALLY simple..

The main problem is there's quite some "dormant" and unused stuff in these files not being used anymore
And the game engine renders some parts from the bottom of the screen and some from the top of the screen ..
so some values in the vanilla BG HAP don't add up when you don't know this and think everything is rendered from the 0,0 position..

But once you start to use stone-age technology of pencil and paper and write down these panels/sub-panels/items/sub-items/buttons etc on paper you'll
quickly see how everything is practically done like a layered method of panels inside panels and then it all makes sense really..

Or maybe I'm just too much old-school to use stone-age technology like pencil and paper. I even still did technical drawing for university projects on a
large double DIN-A1 white-board instead of a computer so maybe I'm just too old for the modern age :lol: :lol:
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 07 2020 One thing i was think is in modifying Supreme Overview in a way that all buttons are installed to the left in vertical and extend all lists all the way from the top of the screen to the bottom, in order to have more space. But it looks like too much work (and too complicated)...
well placing them as you suggested is just changing the coordinates of those buttons - unfortunately since i do not know (yet) how to make this buttonpanel work like the vanilla panel - I just copied it for every main page and this had to be done with the edited positions too (well not that complicated).
Main reason why i placed it there is due to the background art and it fits there quit nice - big icons well i dont like pixelsniping that much as some decades ago.
But then for the hardcore excel strategists - who needs art if obstyle 101 does the job too.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

omg!!! i'm so impressed and to think that HAPS are so easy for mrgenie, that i have created this UI design if you guys think is good. What we could do is to leave Supreme Overview just how it is right now and we could place a new button called "units manager"!! :D :D :-)

right here:
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

And then, when we press that button, a new UI called "units manager" appears (but we don't waste space in showing the words "units manager", the UI just appears like that) . I have designed it in microsoft paint, it's like this:
Last edited by Arahatree on Dec 07 2020, edited 2 times in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

It could have those buttons at both sides, and the filter button deployed menu now wouldn't have the issue of being hidden at the top. This way, with all those buttons we are creating battle groups without need of selecting units on map, we could manage everything in this UI.

The list goes from the top to the botton, so the more units that fit inside the better :D :D :D :D

It would display all that information about every unit, becausee that's dead space that before was empty. It also includes the button "clear orders", which is essential for managing units in the filter, it also has the button "technical Readout" (that could be nice if doesn't close this UI), the button "scrap unit".

Essential those two buttons for deploy next unit and select unit. Because clicking many times (with an autoclicker for example) in those will deploy or select the bunch of units we want.

omg omg omg.....

Do you think this is possible?? What do you think about it guys?? :D :D:D
Last edited by Arahatree on Dec 07 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Plus, if it's possible, we could have in that window the full big tooltip Evildari made lately:
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

And i also had the idea of a full information tooltip for research. This way it would make happy mrgenie, because it includes all the information he wanted, and at the same time it would make others happy, because the big 3d model and the rest of the tooltip that Evildari designed is so cool:
Last edited by Arahatree on Dec 07 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”