[UI-MOD] Clean combat mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Clean combat mod

Post by Arahatree »

Hi everyone!

I made this mod because in the way we can see the combat, when there are many units shooting at the same time with a high rate of fire, there are so many explosions that we can't see the untis involved in the combat and we can't disinguish between the first shots and the succesive ones. However, i understand that many people could like it better the vanilla way, it's also a question of tastes and needs.

Anyways, this mod is for people who want to see combat in a clean way. It can also be useful to count shot by shot if someone wants to test how combat works.

In vanilla one shot from a unit is represented as a large explosion that lasts a relatively long time, enough time to hide the second or succesive shots that were covered by the first explosion, in situations when many units are involved, or one single unit with a high rate of fire. With this mod, every flash is a shot and you can distinguish each one separately.

In vanilla the same problem happens when many units are destroyed for a short period of time. Now in this mod, instead of seeing another explosion (bigger), i made a purple circle that's short enough on time to distinguish one unit destroyed from another one.

If i have enough free time in the future, i will substitute that purple circle for an animation: maybe with souls raising to the skies, or a skull or something like that.

NSTALLATION:
Unpack the file in the folder path and overwrite (make a backup first). The path is:
Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Graphics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Clean combat mod

Post by Arahatree »

Here the screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

so if i understand you right - every time a unit dies the final explosion is replaced by that purple goo ?
thats pretty useful!
now if their was a way to to make a difference between players units death and enemies deaths.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Dec 03 2020 so if i understand you right - every time a unit dies the final explosion is replaced by that purple goo ?
thats pretty useful!
now if their was a way to to make a difference between players units death and enemies deaths.
Exactly, every time a unit dies the final explosion is replaced by that purple goo. I'm glad that's also useful for you and other players, not only for me :-)

I admit that purple goo is not very cool graphically, so in the future i'll replace it for an animation. For now it's useful like this anyways.

It would be nice if there could be a difference between players and enemies deaths, but in vanilla there is no difference, so i don't think that could be possible.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

With smoke and flying debris.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Nandu wrote: Dec 12 2020 With smoke and flying debris.
Woow! That's really cool! :D :D :-) :-) :-)

That looks even better than the one i made. Can you upload it please? :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 13 2020

This is a mode I would also like to see. As we develop VFX for Galactic Ruler and think ahead towards SR Next Gen, this gives us some nice examples to consider.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 14 2020
Arahatree wrote: Dec 13 2020

This is a mode I would also like to see. As we develop VFX for Galactic Ruler and think ahead towards SR Next Gen, this gives us some nice examples to consider.
what ?! no physics-calculation at partical-precision levels... thats not next gen
consider making it at least depending on type of unit destroyed if you go ye olde bitmap route again :D

nice gif though!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”