[UI-MOD] ToolTip Extended

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

[UI-MOD] ToolTip Extended

Post by mrgenie »

This mod shows, I think, all information on unit ToolTips when trading with AI or Research window
It's a work in progress but the initial version is done so I can upload it I think.

All files I work on are commented properly.

So when you open the files I've edited, you won't puzzle or riddle what I did, it's all commented

Example of Research ToolTip
ExtendedToolTip Example1.jpg
Example of AI Design Trading ToolTip
ExtendedToolTip Example2.jpg

Download here:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906&p=198401#p198401
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mrgenie on Dec 07 2020, edited 2 times in total.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: [UI-MOD] ToolTip Extended

Post by mrgenie »

Reserved for adding files
Last edited by mrgenie on Dec 07 2020, edited 3 times in total.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

reserved for adding files 2
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Arahatree »

omg, this mod is so nice! Thank you!! :D :D :D
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

This mod is compatible and works perfect with the tooltips upgrade that Evildari made for "Supreme Overview". I'm using both at the same time :D :D

In this mod you provided graphics for skin0, so I made the graphics of this mod for skin1 and skin2, so that UI themes and colors are changing with the different periods of the game (ww2, cold war and modern times). With your permission I'm going to leave them here, the three skins, so that you and other players can download them and enjoy them :) :)

DOWNLOAD FOR THE THREE DIFFERENT THEME SKINS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wU8PO0 ... sp=sharing
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 03 2020 This mod is compatible and works perfect with the tooltips upgrade that Evildari made for "Supreme Overview". I'm using both at the same time :D :D

In this mod you provided graphics for skin0, so I made the graphics of this mod for skin1 and skin2, so that UI themes and colors are changing with the different periods of the game (ww2, cold war and modern times). With your permission I'm going to leave them here, the three skins, so that you and other players can download them and enjoy them :) :)

I'm totally fine with that. In fact I also use some of your mod additions :lol:

Now I'm working out to update the main lower left panel to work with the extended list of evildari mod.. figured out just now the last bits I need to know to make it work.

tomorrow I'll be working out the graphics and the proper pixel settings to fit evildari mod..

I'd suggest..

we all 3 of us combine efforts and put it all together in a main UI-mod..

all our work can be put together in a single large UI-mod for the game..

I've been modding in groups also on Civilization in the past so I'm quite okay with working together with others..

Also I don't give a rats ass about credits.. all I want it to be working so everyone has fun time playing the game :)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Oh I've also worked on a 1912 world map scenario.. with 2000 additional little villages in their correct locations in deserts, jungles, siberia, etc..
so units don't get stuck since villages also have a +20% supplies..

also tweaking on build times for units..
for 2 reaons
1) I find it weird you can build a carrier in just 200 or 300 days.. I understand in war-time things speed up but normal
carrier construction between start to build and actual combat-readiness is usually a couple of years..
2) soldier whole regiments/battalions combat ready in just a few days? basic training is already 3 months in a lot of countries..

for this reason I made build times 5 times higher.. I found that more realistic

AND

it keeps the number of units much lower.. instead of 20.000 units you have 4000 units after 5 decades of playing.. which is better
for the game performance..

anyway..

we can later put it all together in a "modPack" where all 3 of us can work on to improve whatever we want to improve..

Oh for the sake of supplies in remote areas, in Africa there are many remote airfields.. I added a bunch of them too at historical accurate locations on my map..

In my map, the Ai doesn't get stuck anywhere really and even China can conquer Siberia without getting all their units stuck and 2 decades nothing is being
conquered and then China losing from smaller nations because 4000 of their units are stuck in Siberia..

but anyway, will upload that later.. first this weekend going to fix the main lower-left HUB to fit to evildari larger unit list..
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

you may use this little ui-mod - should speed up ui modding a little with saving a few mouseclicks- since you need to get back to the mainmenu to reload changed ui files in the game
https://gofile.io/d/orHF9x
works best if you have a small save like those arene map starting with 111 on top - (depending on what you are modding you may fill up your save with units / facilities)

to easy identify objects use obstyle 101(grey area white border) or 103 just a green border (works only if the object is still in a "displayable" region and not covered by smt else)

also very nice work and comments - much better readable then mine
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

evildari wrote: Dec 04 2020 you may use this little ui-mod - should speed up ui modding a little with saving a few mouseclicks- since you need to get back to the mainmenu to reload changed ui files in the game
https://gofile.io/d/orHF9x
works best if you have a small save like those arene map starting with 111 on top - (depending on what you are modding you may fill up your save with units / facilities)

to easy identify objects use obstyle 101(grey area white border) or 103 just a green border (works only if the object is still in a "displayable" region and not covered by smt else)

also very nice work and comments - much better readable then mine
Ohh, I always closed the game completely and started from desktop :lol:

Good thing just a quick: back to main menu and load saved game will do the trick
and yes that mod comes in handy hehe thanks
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

mrgenie wrote: Dec 04 2020
Arahatree wrote: Dec 03 2020 This mod is compatible and works perfect with the tooltips upgrade that Evildari made for "Supreme Overview". I'm using both at the same time :D :D

I'm totally fine with that. In fact I also use some of your mod additions :lol:

Now I'm working out to update the main lower left panel to work with the extended list of evildari mod.. figured out just now the last bits I need to know to make it work.

tomorrow I'll be working out the graphics and the proper pixel settings to fit evildari mod..

I'd suggest..

we all 3 of us combine efforts and put it all together in a main UI-mod..

all our work can be put together in a single large UI-mod for the game..

I've been modding in groups also on Civilization in the past so I'm quite okay with working together with others..

Also I don't give a rats ass about credits.. all I want it to be working so everyone has fun time playing the game :)
I think that's a cool idea! :-) I also don't care about credits, as long as this game becomes better and all their flaws, downsides and bugs get fixed, because this game has a great potential and is the greatest of all games i know (yes, other games are better in some aspects, like Superpower 2 has more laws, society graphs, etc. but SRU is much better in military strategy and Hearts of Iron can't simulate missiles or other units like single warships like SRU does, etc. HoI4 is too simplified (now it doesn't even have money)).

On one hand, i don't know if i'm a modder good enough to be part of a team, i still don't understand well how HAPS work, and i don't have much free time on my hands (now i'm on vacations, but if i'm in a modders team and we are in the middle of a mod and my vacations are over, then the team has a problem). So, i don't want to promise more than i can give and let people down.

On the other hand, right now if you put together Supreme Overview, this mod and all my mods, they are all compatible, and there you have an overhaul. At this moment i'm playing with all of them installed and everything is working perfect :D

In the next days i want to publish some other mods, also compatible all of them. Maybe we can put everything together and make an overhaul 8)

Then, in that overhaul we could be improving the UI some more... anything i can help you guys i'll try to do my best! :-) :-) :-)

That world map scenario you are doing, the 1912, sounds very very good!! Because it would be great to start a game from 1912 and finish it in the year 2030! :D :D

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”