Galactic Ruler - Tech+

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Galactic Ruler - Tech+

Post by Xbwalker »

Well, here we go!

In an effort to make the tech tree much more robust and add variety to player and AI progress, I have begun work on the Tech+ mod.

What Does it Do? The Tech+ mod will add dozens, perhaps over a hundred new techs to the existing tech tree. Some of these will have dependencies on existing techs, and some of the existing techs will have dependencies on the new ones.

What Does it Change? It will significantly change your gameplay experience as you progress. Many more techs focused on improving your production, pop growth, military, etc will give you a vastly different experience from Vanilla. Also, each "era" will be much more fleshed out. For instance, instead of going from launch pads to space fighters, there will now be orbital fighters which lead to lunar fighters, which lead to interplanetary craft etc.

How Can You Help? I am always looking for input of course. Aside from that, the most challenging portion of this mod will be adding in military units. In the past, my tech mods were focused on non-military upgrades, mainly because I am only one guy and can't be making 3d models and properly "statting" out units. With that in mind, I am looking for the following:
3d Modeler
Unit Designer
QC - Someone to test the mod before official patches hit. Basically, try to break my mod.

I am going to edit this post and add updates as I perform them. The Tech+ mod is going to be a large undertaking, and I expect it to eventually roll into a mod pack once workshop support is added. I will also be adding a UI+, Music+, and Effects+ mod down the road.

Thanks all!
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Galactic Ruler - Tech+

Post by Xbwalker »

Update 0.0.1

Added in first techs for Pioneer Era which is what I am calling the initial era of early system exploration (Pre interstellar). Feel free to use this visual guide to suggest additions. Remember, we don't want to go crazy on micromanaging techs, so I am going to stick with major ones.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Update 0.0.2 First pass completed for Discovery Era. Reminder, I will be adding SOME techs to each era before I go back and add more complexity. I am still waiting to see how economy will be handled in the game before I devote many techs to that. Also, all 0.0.* Updates are internal design only and not implemented in the .TTRX file. Real meaty updates will start at 0.1+
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Update 0.0.3 Added expansion and empire era. This finishes the first run on new techs. Now, I go back and start to plug in their effects. Image

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”