Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

ShadIn wrote: Dec 08 2019 Are there plans to overhaul ABL planes? Right now they are stragegic bombers, which is bizzare, since that's not how lasers work. ABLs should be missile interceptors (attack VS high air and some mid-air).
That's a very good and fair point. I'll keep this in mind and change them to ICBM interceptor.

SITREP

about France, France is one of the stronger European nation. The French army is a mostly wheeled army composed of the VAB, VBCI IFV and AMX-10RC.

The 4 heavier armored battalion are equipped with the trusty Leclerc. The French army do lack a heavy hitting force like the German Puma IFV but their army is much faster to redeploy and manoeuver due to their wheeled nature. France also lack a high number Special Forces but they can count on a respectable number of hardened Foreign Legion units to make up for it.
(3rd Foreign Infantry Regiment protecting the Guiana Space Center)

For the French airforce,
The entire Rafale line was remade and reworked. The Rafale now has 3 model with capabilities mirroring the one currently in service and the 2 expected to enter service in 2020 and 2028-2030 respectively.
The French airforce do lack any kind of strategic bomber or stealthy planes but their decent amount of Rafale and Mirage 2000 still make for a quite powerful airforce.
(Normandie-Niemen squadron flying the new Rafale model)

The French Navy is the only navy in the world outside of the US navy to operate powered carrier(the Charles de Gaulle). Their attack submarine fleet is to be frank quite outdated and not up to the more modern submarine fleets like the Virginia Class or Astute but the same can't be said for their ICBM submarine fleet. France principal way of nuclear weapon delivery is their submarine fleet so they had to maintain a high quality of SSBNs.
(Mistral Class Helicopter Carrier)

About the map change mentionned before, here's 3 screenshots as preview of some map changes you can expect in the reworked modern map:
The sea of Azov is now mostly controlled by Russia and they also have free control over who can enter. The Kerch Bridge that opened in 2018 was also added. Russia is now properly linked to Crimea.

The Korean modern border was remade. A few villages/fortifications were added, the region topography was fully overhauled and the road system was remade according to satellite data. There are no more "highways" linking North Korea to South Korea.

Multiple villages and towns that I considered important were added to the map. Here we can see Dover for example finally appearing on the map. I was always bothered to not have it on the map.

I can't say the date for the next SITREP as I will be very busy these upcoming days.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Great update Cyrus Jackson!!!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Any chance some of these models could make themselves into the game officially like Nerei's? They fill quite a few gaps in models.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Fantastic update as ever the Mistral is a welcome unit to have a model for there is definitely a lack of models for Helicopter carriers and amphibious dock ships.

But then this is only because we have such a great range of models now most the major units have their own custom model between you and Neri which is fantastic.

SGTscuba wrote: Dec 10 2019 Any chance some of these models could make themselves into the game officially like Nerei's? They fill quite a few gaps in models.
Chris already stated a few posts back that its unlikely due to the high detail of these models.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

First, thank you for this mod Especially world 2020
Generally after I tried the game please fix some mistakes Related to some countries And their diplomatic relations

First, Kurdistan, as is well known, is not a state !
Kurdistan is a province of the Republic of Iraq , so in the game you can put kurdistan a part of iraq .
The same is the same in Syria , Kurdistan is not a country in the north of Syria It is lands belonging to the Syrian Arab Republic

Secondly, where is the Palestinian Republic?
Which is originally divided into two , The first half is called the West Bank . And the second half is called Gaza

I have called on many times for the BG administration to solve the two-state problem
Unfortunately, nobody hears :(
But since you programmed this mod to fix some bugs and problems in this phase of the game
And to raise the realism of the game from good to better
These two problems must be fixed
Kurdistan and the Palestinian state

Third
As is well known, Libya is currently divided into two parties
Internationally recognized al-Wefaq government led by Fayez al-Sarraj in the west of libya
And the government of Field Marshal Khalifa Hifter in eastern Libya
Please work on this

Third
Russian relations with both Belarus
Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan , syria , Venezuela
Cuba , Guatemala , iran , Algeria , china , And recently, Russia concluded agreements with Afghanistan
Which was the enemy of yesterday and became friend today to russia
These countries concluded the mutual defense agreement long ago , russia made an agreement with them
formal alliance and free trade

Fourthly
Tunisia's new president
He is Kais Saeed, and I can present his image, and he is the new elected president of Tunisia

Fifthly
the ruling regime in Iran is not Monarchy
It is a democracy
Where governance in Iran is divided between two parties
The Conservative party represented in the category of religious tendencies
The Reformists' Party is a party with moderate secular implications

Sixth
China-Pakistan Joint Alliance Agreement

Seven
The current president of the Republic of Venezuela
He is Nicholas Maduro, not Juan Guaido
And this is actually happening

I hope to work on these problems in the upcoming updates ;)

Note that it is still some other things !
Like diplomatic relations between countrys
And improving the level of technology in third world countries
Like North African and South American countries
And the countries of Central Asia and Central African countries and South African countries

Please consider my requests and I am ready to provide assistance in the form of information :) ;)

Thank you for what you offer us , as players interested in the game
We are interested in developing the game from good to better to be more and more realistic

arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

I disagree with Breznev.

1) Kurdistan is de facto independent state - or at least it was when BG last made changes to 2020 scenario. It doesn't matter that it is not de jure (recognized)
2) Palestine doesn't exist de facto - it's under Israel control. De jure states are nice and all, but shouldn't be in game depicting real world. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign ... ure_states
3) Adding Lybia war could be interesting - they probably didn't add it because it was expected to end before 2020
5) Iran is most definitely not a democracy. It's theocracy - real power is in hands of clergy, not elected representatives. If you want to call Iran democracy then you should do the same for North Korea.
7) Guaido is de jure president. If we are going for de facto, then Maduro should be, but it should also be changed to Dictatorship
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Unless BG have added something in the latest insider builds I think the last time they included anything I have made was the content I released in January 2018 which was included mid 2018.
Really chances of anything being added is low and if all that happens is that it is added to the graphics folder what is even the point? You will have to do all the work anyway.

Given the time dedicated to development of Galactic Ruler this is understandable. Also there are issues with say the unit database that I consider more important than what 3D model a design is using. Then there are issues like the pathfinding. I think it is better the limited resources we can expect going towards SRU is dedicated towards such issues.
Besides having seen how BG assigns graphics I am not sure the people that really want this will agree with them anyway.

Also I agree with the notion that what matters is if a country is if it de facto is a country. If legal status is what matters then it can be argued that say the PRC should not exist in 1949 as the majority of countries recognised the ROC in 1949 and it held the UN seat until 1971. Likewise only 14 largely not relevant countries recognises the ROC/Taiwan today (sorry central America and Micronesia but you are not that important in east asian grand politics) so by that logic the ROC should probably be incorporated in the PRC.

As for adding more regions in say Libya keep in mind that there is a hard limit of 255 regions and 2020 is quite close to that from the start. I think there is around 4 spots left but it might have changed since I last checked. Basically choose with care.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

arakan94 wrote: Dec 11 2019 I disagree with Breznev.

1) Kurdistan is de facto independent state - or at least it was when BG last made changes to 2020 scenario. It doesn't matter that it is not de jure (recognized)
2) Palestine doesn't exist de facto - it's under Israel control. De jure states are nice and all, but shouldn't be in game depicting real world. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign ... ure_states
3) Adding Lybia war could be interesting - they probably didn't add it because it was expected to end before 2020
5) Iran is most definitely not a democracy. It's theocracy - real power is in hands of clergy, not elected representatives. If you want to call Iran democracy then you should do the same for North Korea.
7) Guaido is de jure president. If we are going for de facto, then Maduro should be, but it should also be changed to Dictatorship

It seems that all my requests are rejected :-) not problem :wink:
I will explain some important things in my response to this :-)
After reviewing it, you will find that most of my orders are very logical and realistic
It is not a deviation or imagination

1)First, Kurdistan is not a state yet, even at the United Nations is not considered a state
It is a province of the Republic of Iraq , It is logical to belong to the Republic of Iraq (part of Iraq )
As is the case in the Syrian north until now, it is still in or subordinate to the Syrian Arab Republic , This reality is my friend, not a fantasy or an illusion.
Kurdistan is not a country and there is no country called Kurdistan at the United Nations
Rather, it is a province in Iraq that enjoys semi-autonomy Also in Syria !

This link talks about Kurdistan Regional Government : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan ... Government
For information, there is a difference between a country And between a region within a country

2) Secondly, Palestine, according to what is actually in effect in the United Nations, is a state divided into two parts due to its occupation by Israel.
What remains of Palestine is the West Bank, which is the internationally recognized authority, and the Gaza region, which is also a recognized region and governed by Hamas.
Check this link for more understanding : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestini ... _Authority

The Palestinian Authority is an internationally recognized authority, despite its small size
The same is true for the other half, which is Gaza, which is located in southern Israel
And Gaza has borders with the Republic of Egypt
Even in the Cold War phase in the game , it existed, but as part of Egypt
And the other part belongs to the Jordanian marginal queen

Check out this link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President ... _Palestine
It contains the names of the presidents who ruled the Palestinian Authority
And you will find that the current president is Mahmoud Abbas !

This is for the first half of Palestine
And that has borders with Israel and Jordan
It is called the Palestinian West Authority

And to make sure more and enrich your information
Enter this link to find the map of the West Bank Palestinian Authority on the right
And its capital is East Jerusalem
In the south, you will find the second part of Palestine, which is called the Gaza Strip
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pales ... d35.233154

This link provides you with information about the ruling leadership currently in the second part of Palestine called the Gaza Strip : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governanc ... Gaza_Strip

3) The Libyan war is still raging
No, indeed, there are world powers and external parties that are starting to interfere in this conflict
By supporting both sides of the conflict
The government in Tripoli, which is internationally recognized, is backed by Turkey and Italy and Qatar
And the government in eastern Libya, which is the government of Field Marshal Khalifa Hifter, and currently supported by France, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia and even Russia.
So it makes sense to correct the map of Libya and put this war in the game !

True, I know that in the end it is a game
But given that it mimics historical events, we are about to enter 2020
At least historical events must be set as they are to improve the level of game realism from good to better

5) For Iran, your words are very logical
And it is true yesterday that I was acquainted with the type of regime in Iran
It is like what you provided in your response to this, I do not disagree with you

7)As everyone knows
The legitimate president of Venezuela is Nicholas Maduro , The type of system in Venezuela is democratic
But because Maduro won in the last elections
The opposition Juan Guaido did not accept this result and asked the government to repeat the elections
Thus, there were problems and demonstrations in Venezuela
Demonstrations in support of Maduro, as well as demonstrations in support of Juan Guaido
Finally, after these events, the government of Nicholas Maduro is still the current legitimate government, and the type of system is a democratic system
So far, Nicholas Maduro is the President of Venezuela
It stands to reason that he is the president of Venezuela in the game to simulate reality well :wink:

In the end, I regret the long response
But this is required to clarify the points that you do not agree with in my request
now i clarify the points and the correct and realistic arguments
I know it's just a game :wink: :wink: but All my request is to upgrade the game’s realism more and more
Especially since it is a good game and it simulates reality and historical events

thank you for replying
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

Lots of interesting information. I'm not at the point yet where I'm adding country/changing leaders sadly.
There's already so much to do with OOB, units, better production capacity, more accurate alliance, map, etc.

Adding rebel groups is something I really want to do to keep the world moving and alive without having to wage a World War.
It will also be a very good addition to better simulate Special Forces operations around the world.

Small SITREP

I've finished more work on the map. I started to add iconic unique monuments in the world alongside reworking the satellite map.
These monuments will, I hope, bring more uniqueness to a country and feel like a greater loss if a certain city is lost or nuked.

Here's the reworked New York City with the WIP new satellite imagery+Statue of Liberty

Here's London with the vanilla satellite imagery+Big Ben

Planned buildings for the next release are:
Statue of Liberty, Big Ben, Eiffel Tower, Brandenburger Tor, Red Square/Saint Basil's Cathedral.

So far, only NY received the new satellite imagery resolution but I hope to get it done for a few other important capitals.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Like the update. BTW, that satellite imagery of New York looks fantastic
arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

Breznev wrote: Dec 11 2019 I will explain some important things in my response to this :-)
Like I said - what matters is whether it's de facto country or not. It doesn't matter that Kurdistan is not recognized by anyone - there is land controlled by YPG or Kurd militias in general. That is de facto state even if it only has some primitive form of government.

I know all about Palestine. But they are not really in control of the land as they don't have proper military. Israel is doing strikes without any opposition. They can send in soldiers and directly occupy whole Palestine very quickly. Since they don't control the land, they are not de facto state. Though I agree that it's not too clear of a situation.

Maduro isn't legitimate because he broke the constitution - he wasn't sworn into office in Parliament as he must be. Therefore, he isn't legally president and leader of Parliament has the legal rights of presidents. That is de jure.

But Maduro is de facto president - he controls the country. But since he broke constitution and also created another parliament (with puppets), it is no longer democracy. Maduro is dictator - ignoring constitution, parliament and using force to suppress opposition.
el_slapper
Captain

Post by el_slapper »

Those political extremes are more a question of interpretation. Both sides can be seen as right - or wrong. Maduro, for example, used to be an elected democratic leader - de facto & de jure(wether he did a good job is another topic, irrelevant there). The recent events make his status considerably more complex. Guaido's situation is complex as well, as he also used some tricks for being named, and his more or less democratic newly gained power is not really followed by facts. Whatever decision the modmaker(may his name be praised) takes on the topic, he'll find people disagreeing with him. With some arguments. The local situation is everything but clear. Please keep this in mind when judging the mod - ultimately, a game is an abstraction, and such complex situation have to be abstracted as well, losing accuracy in the process.

(and don't launch me on Charles de Gaulle taking power in 1958 in France - whatever you want to say on the topic - you can. You can even say he was a dictator, according to a certain point of view, it's not false - even if he was elected)
War, about who is right?about who is left!
Cyrus Jackson
Warrant Officer

Post by Cyrus Jackson »

That's exactly why I'll reserve a future update focused on leaders and future elections. I need to think carefully about every leader decisions I will make.

About Venezuela, I will probably go with the Maduro/Dictatorship route. Guaido certainly isn't in control of Venezuela at the moment so having him as the president in the 2020 scenario is weird.
I will also probably add major civil unrest in Venezuela to better represent the ongoing crisis coupled with bad relationships with the USA and such.

SITREP

More about the map and Israel
After my experimentation with the New York satellite map, I decided to upgrade the entire sat map. The entire map probably won't be completed by the time I release the next version but I hope to get big parts in.
Part of the Middle East and Egypt using the new SATMAP.

England using the new SATMAP.

About half of California done. The difference in quality can clearly be seen.

About the IDF, the IDF ground and air force are so far entirely redone. The IDF is a heavily mechanized/armored army.
The mechanized infantry part of the IDF can count of the powerful Namer APC, Achzarit and M113 with ERA for reserve units.
(Givati Brigade covering the southern border. New Achzarit/Namer model in the screenshot.)
From there, The IDF armored force is mostly composed of the deadly Merkava IVM. A few battalions are still equipped with the older but trustworthy Merkava 3.
Coupled with the new anti-air sites around Israel. The country will be a hard to breach fortress.

The Israeli Air Force is a versatile force composed of upgraded F-16C, F-15s, and 1 F-35A Squadron. Their Airforce is highly capable and can bring a nasty amount of payload where it's needed.
A missile silo facility was also added to ensure Israel is capable of firing its Jericho ICBM/IRBM.
Squadrons operating out of Ramon Airbase.

Addendum: The new SATMAP will bring increased performance. Lots of 512-pixel ground texture were removed as they were not necessary anymore.
legionary
Corporal

Post by legionary »

In the game, instead of pictures of the models, white squares appeared! Help me please.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

arakan94 wrote: Dec 12 2019
Breznev wrote: Dec 11 2019 I will explain some important things in my response to this :-)
Like I said - what matters is whether it's de facto country or not. It doesn't matter that Kurdistan is not recognized by anyone - there is land controlled by YPG or Kurd militias in general. That is de facto state even if it only has some primitive form of government.

I know all about Palestine. But they are not really in control of the land as they don't have proper military. Israel is doing strikes without any opposition. They can send in soldiers and directly occupy whole Palestine very quickly. Since they don't control the land, they are not de facto state. Though I agree that it's not too clear of a situation.

Maduro isn't legitimate because he broke the constitution - he wasn't sworn into office in Parliament as he must be. Therefore, he isn't legally president and leader of Parliament has the legal rights of presidents. That is de jure.

But Maduro is de facto president - he controls the country. But since he broke constitution and also created another parliament (with puppets), it is no longer democracy. Maduro is dictator - ignoring constitution, parliament and using force to suppress opposition.

At least we agree on the Libyan war situation in the upcoming update of this mood
And I explained that in my first reply , Add to that the Yemeni crisis.
But you are contradictory ! :lol:
Note that I have attached links to you that prove my veracity :wink:

you tells me that Kurdistan is like a recognized country because it has a Kurdish army !
In fact, the last thing in Kurdistan is a region that belongs to the Republic of Iraq, It is not a recognized country As you say
You can search the internet and you will not find a country called Kurdistan :-)

Then, at the same time, you rejects the idea of a Palestinian Authority that is recognized internationally and at the United Nations
In a clearer sense In your previous response, you are talking about realism
Unfortunately, your words are not realistic !
I do not want to engage in political debate here , And I don't want to get into a very emotional geo-strategist !
In the end, it is a game, nothing more, nothing less
My request is to increase the game's realism as a simulated game

Then you forgot the Israeli wars Repeated with the Gaza Strip .
The Gaza Strip is the other half of Palestine

In addition, the Palestinian Authority has an internationally recognized president
He has ministers, police, etc....

You reject this reality
Your argument is that Palestine does not have an army , And that Israel is able to invade the rest of Palestine

Indeed, the Palestinian Authority is in the West Bank.
Internationally recognized and recognized by the United Nations

The same is true for the Gaza Strip , In the Gaza Strip, there are resistance fighters, and several wars occurred between them and Israel

This is the reality :wink:
Kurdistan is not a country, it is a region of the Republic of Iraq
The same for Palestine is divided into two parts
The first part, which is called the West Bank, is the birthplace of the Palestinian Authority
And the second part is called the Gaza Strip

This means, according to your last response , The region considers it a state. |O
But the state does not consider it a state Under the pretext that it has no army
Note that in the Gaza Strip there is a resistance army
In the West Bank, there is authority, head of state, ministers, police, etc....

I hope that these points are clear to you and all the gentlemen members

As for the state of Venezuela
Reality says that President now is Nicholas Maduro
Except he was a democratic president , Or a dictatorial president :-)
This truth can never be denied ! Go internet and search well And you will find that the current President of Venezuela is Nicholas Maduro .
Reality says that, Not fiction or passion :wink:

in the last , It is just a game and nothing more :-) :wink:
But my request was brief in modifying maps and countries to increase the realism of the game from good to good

Finally, thank you for the friendly response and discussion :-) :wink:

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”