[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview Submod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview Submod

Post by Arahatree »

I've made this submod for the units atlas in the mod "Supreme Overview", a mod by evildari, so all credits go for him.

First you have to install Supreme Overview mod, and then unzip this submod in the HAPS folder of the game (substitute file).

-- The link to Supreme Overview: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30312

-- What this submod does:

1) With this submod I have converted the scrapping unit button of the unit atlas of the original mod into a button for selecting units. You still can scrap your units in the original game orders box. In the original mod that button is for canceling orders. For this new button to work, first you have to deploy your units, just like in the original game. For deploying units there's another button in the original mod. So now it's much more comfortable to manage your units:

With an autoclicker (or breaking your finger), you can deploy all the units you want (a couple, hundreds or thousands, now it doesn't matter 8O ) then with autoclicker and this new button you select all units you want, up to hundreds of units selected comfortably :-) Now you can see and manage all the units in a large box, so it's much comfortable management than original game.

2) This submod brings the same "units filterd by type" button at the bottom of the unit atlas box. In this way, now the options of this box deploy without being cut (good for hd resolution screens). So now you have twice the same button, just in case you still want to use the top button filter for some reason. Anyways at the bottom there is a lot of unused space, so this new button is not bothering there.

Anyways you can see every change in this screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Supreme Overview Submod

Post by Arahatree »

The submod file is here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

This submod doesn't need to recache the files :-)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Still loving this mod with huge research and production lists its a must!
But I must ask is there any way to add in a game speed button to the top you know like a pause fastest and normal speed button? thanks
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Maybe, but it would need to be done for each page.
But that functionality is already in the standard UI, and you can also use the page-up/down keys to change speed or space to pause.
You can try to add them.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

I didn't know about page up and down that works pretty well actually better than quiting out the menu so you can pass a day to make sure all the building queued right
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Since you know already very well how to mod the UI, can I make an request?

In the overview, for example the research tab, you see all the units you can research.

When hovering over it there's some "detailed information" as shown in the following picture.
full details2.jpg
This doesn't give me enough information to decide which units I'm actually going to research.

So I double click to get the "full details" as shown in the next picture.
full details.jpg
I have 2 problems with this
1) why opening the "full details" closes the overview HUD? It's annoying it closes, is it possibly to mod this so it doesn't automatically closes?
2) is it possible to have the "hovering - pop up" when going over a unit, without clicking on it, already show this "full details" instead of the "limited details"?

Can you edit your mod_addon to make this work?

And another thing, in this picture,
full details2.jpg
you see under the name Albatros the 550 days to build...
Can you change that in actual "research cost" and "research time" ?
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I have an error with the original HUD because of this mod.

When going into the "RESEARCH" panel and then to "available research"

there's an "extended" info for each research option showing the "effects" of that specific research, but it extends the panel to the right. Which looks odd/bad

but the real problem is, the list scrolls down out of the actual window of the game so you can't scroll down and that itself is a problem of course
but especially the 3 lowest research "brands" like with "air units" for example the "Strategic Bomber" and "Patrol" and "Transport"
I can't even select the units anymore for anything ..

see screenshot
Original list error.jpg
Another example where the list goes out of the screen
Original list error2.jpg
In the 2nd example "Medical" and below can't be selected (or seen)
Last edited by mrgenie on Nov 26 2020, edited 2 times in total.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

mrgenie wrote: Nov 26 2020 I have an error with the original HUD because of this mod.

When going into the "RESEARCH" panel and then to "available research"

there's an "extended" info for each research option showing the "effects" of that specific research, but it extends the panel to the right. Which looks odd/bad

but the real problem is, the list scrolls down out of the actual window of the game so you can't scroll down and that itself is a problem of course
but especially the 3 lowest research "brands" like with "air units" for example the "Strategic Bomber" and "Patrol" and "Transport"
I can't even select the units anymore for anything ..

see screenshot
Original list error.jpg
I'll be honest I don't think this is an error as such it's intended to get the mod to function correctly is what I thought. The idea is you would use the new bigger window to find research?
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

sparky282 wrote: Nov 26 2020
I'll be honest I don't think this is an error as such it's intended to get the mod to function correctly is what I thought. The idea is you would use the new bigger window to find research?
Well the new bigger window by itself is nice, but without detailed info on the units which units I want to research, it's not helpful actually.

To view the full details, you have to double click on it. And double clicking closed the overview panel..

which might be doable with the hotkey to open it, except for the fact when you click the hotkey to reopen it, it starts again at the entry screen so
you have to click click click again to be back to the unit research panel..

So you double click for the full details and then another 3 clicks to get back and the fact with the mouse moving over the screen..

For research the bigger screen would be helpful, if it were to work like the original research panel, only expanded..

but the original I can double click for the detailed info, it doesn't close, nor do I need to click three times and move around with the mouse to get back to the unit research panel.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

THE optimal solution would be NO DOUBLE CLICK for the full details on the "to be researched" units..

the goal of this mod is to be helpful for people with larger screens.

For larger screens, why have as popup the "limited details" window?

Just when hover over it, show the full details, that would be the perfect solution, no clicking at all, just hover over it.

Is that doable?
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Oh I found the proper files and how to get the scrolling back in place..

tomorrow going to see if I can separate these values for
1) the mod
2) original game panel

so I can use both..

but now going to sleep.. hehe
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

nice hijacking of arahatree's submod ;D
to the issues:
for unknown reasons - and i tried alot since on "paper" it looked "easy"- i could not make a custom list and be called succesfully by the overview area for these research parts - so i had to mod the original 3 files and enlarge them to be able to show the added general tech info like. ie. +3% to something.
Of course this has that weird graphic effect on the original tab - probably the same reason why you cant see scroll down since its area or some dependency is changed to fit the modded main area.
Exchanging the small tooltip (the hover tooltip without clicking) with the technical readout should be doable - although i guess you have also to edit those 3 original files - just did not think about it (i guess i used it too much with my mod where i dont need to look at values since there are no weird out of way values/units in a unittype)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

evildari wrote: Nov 26 2020 nice hijacking of arahatree's submod ;D
to the issues:
for unknown reasons - and i tried alot since on "paper" it looked "easy"- i could not make a custom list and be called succesfully by the overview area for these research parts - so i had to mod the original 3 files and enlarge them to be able to show the added general tech info like. ie. +3% to something.
yes they might be hard-coded, then it's not doable.. let's see the morning just started and just got my first coffee hehe
evildari wrote: Nov 26 2020 Of course this has that weird graphic effect on the original tab - probably the same reason why you cant see scroll down since its area or some dependency is changed to fit the modded main area.
The scrolling is first activated if the list-vertical-length exceeds the defined y-pixels so that's predictable.. so if the lower left menu has only 184pixels left before leaving the window, if you then set it to anything more, like 700+ pixels, any additional items over 184 pixels aren't visible anymore, but if less than 700 pixels no scrolling will be enabled.. so the 700 minus 184 is hidden out of window.
evildari wrote: Nov 26 2020 Exchanging the small tooltip (the hover tooltip without clicking) with the technical readout should be doable - although i guess you have also to edit those 3 original files - just did not think about it
I haven't found the information on the hovering tooltip in these filesm I'd suggest these tooltips are defined in another file but this would be my Nr.1 solution, no clicking whatsoever
evildari wrote: Nov 26 2020 (i guess i used it too much with my mod where i dont need to look at values since there are no weird out of way values/units in a unittype)
Yeah well, but let me give you an example..

Infantry in the normal hovering window gives only these 8 information:
Strength
Fuel
Supplies
Missile capacity
Soft attack
Hard attack
Close attack
Close Defense

For me these parameters are also very important to know what I'm going to build, but not visible in standard tooltip:
Spotting
Move Range
Move Speed
Ground Defense
Air Defense
Indirect Defense

For other unit types other, for me vital, information is only visible in the popup panel, and not in the tooltip...

Basically I find all these tooltips "indicative" but not "conclusive"
Just have to figure out the proper file for the tooltip to solve this issue..
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

an early idea was to put such values into the list - but then it is way more easy to taskswitch to the .unit file in a spreadsheet program
my mods

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”