[UI-MOD] Color coded buildings for strategic bombing

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Color coded buildings for strategic bombing

Post by Arahatree »

This mod gives color codes to the base of the buildings (not the whole building, to keep them more realistic looking) so that you can identify and find them easily (even better in 2D mode, pressing "shift R") in order to perform strategic bombing more easily.

It is color coded: yellow are electric power buildings, red are mines, etc. Just looking at them you will learn the legend fast.

You can also find enemy buildings in "LAND" department, etc, etc. but that's a lot more of a micromanagement than just identifying them at simple look.

It would be cool if strategic bombing could be automated somehow, for example indicating to the bombers what buildings you want to bomb and just send them over enemy territory and they automatically would bomb those types of buildings... but for now that's not implemented in the game and you have to bomb hex by hex. So this mod will help you in this task.

INSTALLATION: just unzip and substitute the files in the corresponding folders of the game. FIRST BACKUP YOUR FILES before installing this mod. This way, in case you don't like it after installation, you can substitute again the original files.

Here are some screenshots as examples, in 2D and 3D view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arahatree on Mar 24 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Color coded buildings for strategic bombing

Post by Arahatree »

Screenshot Bombing 3D view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

And here is the mod. Just substitute files in game folder "Meshes". The path in my case is: D:\SteamLibrary PCgames\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Graphics\Meshes

Well, I can't upload the mod becasue with 3.8MB size this website is returning me an error message "file too large". Does someone know how to upload such file? It's the first time I upload a mod, so I need a little help :roll:
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

That looks quit useful , as long as AI cant use perpetual strategic bombing (which could be forever).
For hosting larger files i found https://nofile.io very useful, but is unfortunately not a permanent solution.
Maybe split file in 2 and try again
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Thank you evildari! that was a good idea: I have split the mod in four files.

With this mod the AI behaves just as usual, since this mod doesn't touch any AI behaviour file. This is just a graphics mod. But I would really like to see the AI trying to strategic bombing me in the original game HUH (And it would be very cool if the AI try to do it in a perpetual way).

This strategic bombing mod brings a lot of posibilities for undertaking economic war. For example I just bombed all oil facilities in Arabia Saudi and Venezuela, then I made peace with them. Now the world oil depends on my country and the world market is in my hands now :evil: Sometimes I just produce enough oil for my own consumption to rise the price of oil in the world market and earn even more money. Plus Arabia Saudi now has to by wood and food to me without oil economic source. I completely crushed them without a single dead or wounded soldier (except the pilot that twisted an ankle getting off the plane).

(I have nothing against Arabia Saudi, Venezuela or any country, this is just an example of economic warfare, which happens in real life, for example you can simulate shale oil crisis that actually happened in real life).

Actually Supreme ruler is the best strategy game I found to do economic war. If one day the developers add "hearts of iron" style sea and land supply routes, this would become incredibly realistic. Maybe too realistic to be in the hands of civil pc gamers :lol:

The mod files are here (Meshes 1 to 5 .rar files). Just unzip these 5 files in the Meshes folder of the game, substituting them (and don't forget to backup your game files first, in case you don't like it and regret).
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

the Meshes 4 and 5
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

By the way: it's compatible with supreme ruler ultimate (this one I tested), cold war, the great war, etc. I didn't try all of them. If you just try you will know if it's compatible. So far it's also been compatible with older versions of Supreme ruler.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Another thing: this mod doesn't need to recache the files :-)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

And yet another thing! This mod match perfectly with my other mod "Strategic bombing and realistic war unit stat values"
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30338
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

UPDATED on 11-23-2020
Working on version of the game 9.2.5 and it will also work with all previous versions.

In this update i have made several modifications to improve it, for example now you can distiguish between Airfileld and Airbase at simple sight.

I made too many changes to provide a list, but all this mod does is painting the graphics, so this mod will work together with any other mod that doesn't change the facilities/buildings textures.

Keep a backup of meshes folder before installing this mod, in case you don't like the changes.

Installation: Inside folders named "1","2","3", there are .dds files. Just unpack these files into "Meshes" folder of the game. Path:

C:\....(wherever you install your steam games).....\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Graphics\Meshes

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”