[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: [UI-MOD] Supreme Overview

Post by sparky282 »

evildari wrote: Nov 27 2020 upgrades the unitstooltip with a more technical readout:

put into the \HAPS folder
if you like to see this tooltip in defense production list - then overwrite the vanilla DEF_F2_LB.HAPX with the provided one.
(its a quick working hack, so it replaces also the tooltip in the vanilla list)

only for units - missiles got their own tooltip...
This is fantastic improves the mod so much!

Is it possible to make the 3d model a bit smaller in the window? very often with carriers etc you only see the center half of the model.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Here's an edited Hotkeys file

Short description: F1 to F7 goes through the department panels and F8 opens the overview.
Hotkeys.7z
For me the keys weren't working properly.. so I changed my key layout
into F1 to F8 to access the panels I deem necessary..

Feel free to criticize and comment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

sparky282 wrote: Nov 28 2020
evildari wrote: Nov 27 2020 upgrades the unitstooltip with a more technical readout:

if you like to see this tooltip in defense production list - then overwrite the vanilla DEF_F2_LB.HAPX with the provided one.

Is it possible to make the 3d model a bit smaller in the window? very often with carriers etc you only see the center half of the model.
the size of the model in the display - especially what is being shown - is governed by the modelsize * modelscale - some unitscales are well out of scale just to make a unit visible
for a quick non-permanent rescale of the model, select a unit, press the "u" key (that opens a unitscale edit window to the left of the minimap) there you can change and test unitscale.
For longterm scale changes you need to edit the DEFAULT.PICNUMS file in the \Meshes subfolder.
If i make the ui-window smaller it shows the same, just smaller.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

evildari wrote: Nov 28 2020 the size of the model in the display - especially what is being shown - is governed by the modelsize * modelscale - some unitscales are well out of scale just to make a unit visible
for a quick non-permanent rescale of the model, select a unit, press the "u" key (that opens a unitscale edit window to the left of the minimap) there you can change and test unitscale.
For longterm scale changes you need to edit the DEFAULT.PICNUMS file in the \Meshes subfolder.
If i make the ui-window smaller it shows the same, just smaller.
Fair enough I didn't realize it was linked to the meshscale I've already edited so many units in picnums just so they don't look daft in-game so won't be messing with them :lol:
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Or better still, making the window bigger for the 3d model to fit? i like to see the big model :D Maybe there could two versions of the mod?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Arahatree wrote: Nov 28 2020

Or better still, making the window bigger for the 3d model to fit? i like to see the big model :D Maybe there could two versions of the mod?
then you would still see the same parts ie. cut of the model in the middle or a small submarine with lots of space around it.
Just in a larger window and enlarged - the "amount" of the model you would see will not change just the size - you would still have the same issue even with fullscreen at 4k resolution
The only way is to temporary use the U unitscale edit - see how it looks in the ui - and more important in the main window and then put your favorite value in the .picnums file for this model.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Nov 28 2020
Arahatree wrote: Nov 28 2020

then you would still see the same parts ie. cut of the model in the middle or a small submarine with lots of space around it.
Just in a larger window and enlarged - the "amount" of the model you would see will not change just the size - you would still have the same issue even with fullscreen at 4k resolution
The only way is to temporary use the U unitscale edit - see how it looks in the ui - and more important in the main window and then put your favorite value in the .picnums file for this model.
Anyways, right now only the boats have that problem, but the rest of the units are fitting nicely. I would leave just the way it is right now, it's really a huge improvement for the game :D :-) :-)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”