3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

The problem with making a Canadian variant is N being both Australia and Canada. For World War 2 just using RAF roundels is probably good enough but at this point in history it is maple leafs and kangaroos.
There is the option to do a version without the roundel but most CH-124 are just grey anyway.

Old 66 recovered the crew of Apollo 8, 10, 11, 12 and 13. Basically it recovered the first people to orbit, dock and land on the Moon. In total the first 15 humans to orbit the moon and first 4 to land there was recovered by this helicopter (Apollo 9 was a LEO mission to test the Lunar Excursion Module).
The only reason it is not displayed at a museum is that it crashed in the mid 1970's and are currently at a bit under 1km of water. There is plenty of other SH-3's painted like it however.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Jan 30 2021 The problem with making a Canadian variant is N being both Australia and Canada. For World War 2 just using RAF roundels is probably good enough but at this point in history it is maple leafs and kangaroos.
There is the option to do a version without the roundel but most CH-124 are just grey anyway.

Old 66 recovered the crew of Apollo 8, 10, 11, 12 and 13. Basically it recovered the first people to orbit, dock and land on the Moon. In total the first 15 humans to orbit the moon and first 4 to land there was recovered by this helicopter (Apollo 9 was a LEO mission to test the Lunar Excursion Module).
The only reason it is not displayed at a museum is that it crashed in the mid 1970's and are currently at a bit under 1km of water. There is plenty of other SH-3's painted like it however.
yeah I figured it would be abit of an issue!

Thats pretty cool I was unaware that it was the same one thats one to impress my buddy whos mad on space with :lol:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Poke BG and they might expand the number of region codes for SR Next. They are already increasing some limits like the region cap.

Also I am going through some older models and trying to finish some of them.
First off Mitsubishi Ki-51 Type 99 light bomber.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

And another aircraft I have been sitting on for eons. Seriously I started this model in like 2017 or 18.
This time it is an Aichi D3A "Val". The aircraft still needs a bit of weathering and a default texture set.

The aircraft is a group commander aircraft from the carrier Sōryū (you can tell by the BI and blue stripe.The 3 stripes on the vertical stabilizer means group commander. Also the "2" of the 3 digit serial means dive bomber).
This paint-job in particular is that of Lt. Cmdr. Takashige Egusa D3A1 flown during the 1942 Indian Ocean raid.

So far all my markings have been Cardiv 2. My zero is a squadron commander aircraft from Hiryū. I think I need to do something for another carrier division for the next Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service I make (spoiler I got more of them planned).
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

good to see your getting some older models mopped up :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Got plenty of them too just lacking time right now.
Still here is a Nakajima B5N1 (the N2 has notably different engine cowling)
This time it is not Carrier Division 2 but 3. Particularly the aircraft I have tried to depict was attached to the aircraft carrier Zuihō around late 1941 early 1942.
Also a Gloster Gladiator.
Still need to do region group M for this one.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 14 2021 Got plenty of them too just lacking time right now.
Still here is a Nakajima B5N1 (the N2 has notably different engine cowling)
This time it is not Carrier Division 2 but 3. Particularly the aircraft I have tried to depict was attached to the aircraft carrier Zuihō around late 1941 early 1942.
Also a Gloster Gladiator.
Still need to do region group M for this one.
yeah that's a problem I have a lot so much to do so little time

Models look good :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Sometimes it would be practical if the day had more than 24 hours.

Also here is a Mitsubishi A5M.
Technically the paintjob is based on a A5M1 while the model is an A5M4 but eh we only have one A5M design in-game.
With this aircraft I have pretty much covered all significant work of Horikoshi Jirō (The designer of the A6M Zero amongst other)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Something that is not World War 2 related. A McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender.
This aircraft is painted to resemble aircraft operated by the 22nd Air Refueling wing in the early 1980's (basically when these where brand new). These where at the time tied to SAC.
The emblems are different for each side. Left side is SAC and right side is 22nd Air Refueling Wing.

I picked a SAC aircraft as it is more colourful than the typical dull grey aircraft.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

now that is pretty cool
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Exploring old content can be interesting. Turns out I have a mostly complete Lockheed C-5 Galaxy.
There are some obvious deficiencies that needs to be added. Except to satisfy my OCD however they are probably not the most important additions.
Also naturally the U regional texture is not done and likewise I want to add some weathering. The U regional texture will be a simple grey as I do not want to make all US aircraft in grey and white. Also it is partly done already.
Judging by the markings and my references this should be a 436th airlift wing aircraft from the 1990's
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 24 2021 Exploring old content can be interesting. Turns out I have a mostly complete Lockheed C-5 Galaxy.
There are some obvious deficiencies that needs to be added. Except to satisfy my OCD however they are probably not the most important additions.
Also naturally the U regional texture is not done and likewise I want to add some weathering. The U regional texture will be a simple grey as I do not want to make all US aircraft in grey and white. Also it is partly done already.
Judging by the markings and my references this should be a 436th airlift wing aircraft from the 1990's
It looks like the texture is somewhat behind your more current model but that's when it fills the page as here I bet when it's in-game the difference would hardly be noticable
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The texture is still incomplete. I just found it fun that I had it like that and I totally had forgotten it existed.
I am not going to upload it in that state. Not that I can as it does not exist anymore.
Still not done but it does have some weathering and text and insignias on the front fuselage.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

And now with a bit more polish. Well part of it is adding imperfections. Honestly I tend to prefer it when textures try and represent some usage.
The generic version will probably just be the US versions stripped of USAF markings possibly with something to replace them.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 26 2021 And now with a bit more polish. Well part of it is adding imperfections. Honestly I tend to prefer it when textures try and represent some usage.
The generic version will probably just be the US versions stripped of USAF markings possibly with something to replace them.
Looks good now, be great to have a selection of cargo models 747, A400m, Herc and now C-5 seeing as I pretty much only use units with your models it gives a nice selection

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”