Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

OK folks, here it is:
https://drive.google.com/?tab=Xo&authus ... U4tR0RjME0

How to install:
This is not zipped, etc., so you probably should be a bit familiar with how the SR series stores files.

1. Go to your Steam directory for SR36. Normally this is Local Disk C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler 1936.
2. Copy and drop the folders from the above link into this directory. It should not "overwrite" any files.
3. The mod should be ready to go. Load up Sr36.
4. Go to Single Player, then Sandbox. There should be a SW36 at the bottom. I personally call it "Shattered World 1901" because that is when you start.

Some words of warning:

1. DO NOT attempt to load this with units. It will crash. Check the box on the start screen "Start Game Without Units" (should be middle icon for game settings).
2. This started out using Fistalis' SRCW port for SW from SR2020. A lot of modding, et al later, but hat tip to Fistalis. :)
3. No guarantees of weirdness or crashes. I've ran it for 2 years and it seems stable.
4. Some areas/countries don't exist, etc. Yeah, I know. Trying to figure out a way to make them work, but there is a country limit.
5. There are no events. There are no special country-only units or techs at start. Most nations should be able to build their historical/ethnic/regional forces (ex: Arkansas can build USA units, Ukraine builds Russian units, etc.).

Game Play

1. Every one starts the same. No units, Tech level 1 (1901). However, the SR36 game is alive in this mod. So expect plenty of partisans, etc. if you invade right off the bat. And they are VERY hard to defeat with nothing more than Cavalry or Militia.

2. No guarantees that the world will be aggressive. I expect once the AI builds enough forces it will go rampaging.

3. This is an amazing ahistorical mod. So, no lectures on how Virginia would never ally with Bulgaria. :)

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------
MAJOR CHANGES:
--Now all countries work. No 'deadspace' on map. However, some regions have been combined (North Africa).
--Removed techs from several countries. All should start with no techs or designs.
**will require the re-download of the Scenario, Regions Included, and other key files.
--------------------------------------------
Change 3: 5/28/14: Corrected errors with unoccupied land.

**Download the following files and replace the originals (if you downloaded earlier version of this Mod): Shattered World 1930.SAV (goes in the Cache subdirectory), SW1901.cvp, and SW1901.REGIONINCL (into the Custom\SW subdirectory).
Last edited by Aragos on May 28 2014, edited 3 times in total.
Aragos
General

Re: Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

Updated--fixed some colony issues (e.g., North China and Taiwan).
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by mattpilot »

I lub yoU!
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

It.... the map... it is so beautiful! A tear came to my eye as i opened it. Will have to play after work ;-)

If only i had standardized Unit designs now, the world would be perfect! (like, say you are austria and you are the first to research combat aircraft.... you can't build airplanes, because you got no designs??)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Standardized designs should be easy. The issue is that there are no pre-36 aircraft designs (e.g, Neuports, SPADs, etc.) in the database, so I'd have to make them up . Not impossible, but time consuming.

As it is now, you can research the tech, and when SR36 designs come on line, you can then research them as well. Not the best fix, but the best I could do in the time available.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Aren't designs tied to countries?

I mean, even if you have the pre-req tech, you can't actually research the unit (as austria, for example) because you don't have one assigned. BUT.. you can trade for one.

Or did you use one template for all countries in your mod? To be honest, i wouldn't mind if all regions had the USA template. Would that be hard to mod?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mattpilot wrote:Aren't designs tied to countries?

I mean, even if you have the pre-req tech, you can't actually research the unit (as austria, for example) because you don't have one assigned. BUT.. you can trade for one.

Or did you use one template for all countries in your mod? To be honest, i wouldn't mind if all regions had the USA template. Would that be hard to mod?
There are some worldwide available unit designs but not sure how many pre-1940...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

There are two different 'designs' that can be modded.

The first is the nation/region allowable builds. For example, the USA has the code U, Russia, the code R. This allows those nations to build any nation-specific model (e.g., the US can't build the T-34, and the Russians can't build the M-1 Abrams, and so on).

The second is specific, at-start available designs. These are listed in the files (the .cvp file) for the scenario.

This mod deletes all the at-start designs, but expands the number of Coded designs (example: Texas can build U (USA) designs, Ukraine can build R (Russia) designs, and not just the O (Other/global) designs).
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Yeah, but there is region code * which stand for worldwide, meaning all countries can build them. Those are some fictional generic unit designs BG created for SRCW.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yep. I think that is the O region code.

I'm going to change the start date to 1/1/1930. That should open up some basic designs.
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

although i played quite some hours in every SR game i would like to ask what the Special about the shattered world Thing is?
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

shattered world was an extension of SR2020GC, it made the world goes not round at all :)

America was divided between all its states, like almost every countries in the world (russia, france, uk, italy, germanychina... were also divided in many countries, but notable exeption of central and latin america, and most african countries who werent divided)

So it was a funny chaos :) i miss shattered world, would be awsome to see it back with 1936 engine !
Last edited by vahadar on May 23 2014, edited 1 time in total.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:Yep. I think that is the O region code.

I'm going to change the start date to 1/1/1930. That should open up some basic designs.
Nope, O region code is something else, a mix group of various existing designs but * is worldwide like partisans, garrisons, and bunch of other generic designs like TL-1, TL-2, TL-3 tanks, IF-1, IF-101 airplanes, all buildings, etc.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Ah, thanks. Didn't know that.
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Hey guys, I downloaded the mod and I put it in but no countries were displayed.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”