3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

BTR-60PB with most details done.
Still needs weathering and dirt.
So far the only regional texture done is Z. Default will probably just be olive green.
This camouflage pattern is loosely based on that used by UAE AMX-56 Leclerc.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

that look different to say the least I like it good work buddy
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I really do need to learn how to texture as good as you one of these days! Excellent work.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Best way to do that I think is really just to keep at it. Just look at some of the first textures I made. They where not exactly amazing. Most of the artwork I did before starting to mod the SR series where sprite based so not much need to make fancy textures.
Also I'd show you some of the first game art assets I made as they where atrocious but I lost those like a decade ago. Not much of a loss though.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Hello Nerei, I am looking to add a few Ekranoplans to my mod Unit Overhaul. I thought at one time I saw a model that was made but I might be mistaken. Curious if you have ever made one? Also do you by chance have a master list (with image id numbers) of all of the models you have created and is already implemented in main BG image file? Thanks!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have never made an Ekranoplan model no.
As for lists there is a partial one already in the game.
Default.picnums found in SR Root/graphics/meshes lists some of them. The .picnums file controls how the game handles models so all models are listed there.
It is a plain text document that can be opened by just about any text editor. I do not recommend opening it in the asset manager as some of the comments are not written in the comment field and as such should not be loaded.

I do not have a list of the models specifically included in the core game but I do have a full list of models I have released. Again it is a default.picnums file which you can find here.
https://github.com/Nerenei/SRU-art-proj ... V5.0_pre02

You could cross reference those two.
All the assets I have made are in the 1536+ range. Difference from what I remember is around 70 entries out of somewhere around 340.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Thank you!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Just wanted to say that despite not really having posted anything since April this project is still ongoing although at times it has been quite slow.
However with Supreme Ruler 2030 on the horizon and it switching from the antiquated DirectX model format to cmo I am not planning anything new for Ultimate. The conversion process for Ultimate is quite annoying and I most certainly is not going to miss it.
So basically this project is on hiatus until SR2030 hits at least in terms of releases.

In the meantime here are some Hornets and the Hornet derived Growler.
Still need to make other texture variants and D model would not go amiss either.
Sorcerer117
Corporal

Post by Sorcerer117 »

So you are going to abandon this and switch to SR2030?
=/

Do you have any plans on doing infantry 3d units?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

If by "this" you mean Ultimate and the .x format and focus on 2030 and .cmo files instead then yes I do intend to stop working with that format.
Beyond that though nothing is being abandoned due to the switch to 2030. I see no reason to discard any models due to this.
The art assets in 2030 is largely similar to Ultimate. If you look at some of the screenshots my old models are still there. Some assets are even original content from SR2020.
That is not to say I do not abandon models. I regularly do that but it is due to the general quality of the model.

Infantry is actually a good example of this. I worked on some years ago but due to their quality I decided not to go on with them. It is entirely possible I will make some at some point in the future but at this point I cannot say.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”