Small Mod requests

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Small Mod requests

Post by Fistalis »

I understand the preview is available to a very small subset of people.. so this thread may be dormant for a week or two but...

This thread is here for SMALL mod requests. Things that aren't going to take more than an hour or two to mod.. For Example.. the first request for 1936 was for a Historical german flag.. quick and easy mod request that i happily put out. SO testers and Soon to be larger community.. given the limits of modding etc are there any small changes that would improve the game play for you? If its something large or more systemic You're more than welcome to request it but the longer it takes the less chances of me getting to it. Further more if it's something you think should be fixed/altered in the main game please create a thread for BG in the general forums so they get proper beta feedback. I'll try to keep a dynamic list of requests in the OP. Along with who may release it. Remakes of older mods will be offered to the original creator before someone else.

1. Scenario in which poland is Playable.
2. Upped mil fab for major nations and goods production base sandbox.
Last edited by Fistalis on Aug 25 2017, edited 4 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Fistalis
General

Re: Small Mod requests

Post by Fistalis »

I'll be the first.. I noticed someone mentioned that Movement of Planes to be particularly problematic during this time period.. I know SGTSCUBA had put out a mod which allowed planes to be packed up and transported via merchant marine for the older titles... I think the community would be well served for this to be recreated for SRGW. If he's unable or unwilling I'll recreate his mod.. for SRGW. That being said.. many planes of this time could land and take off without a proper airfield.. so longer term I think maybe editing specific planes to able to land and take off anywhere like a heli Maybe a larger mod request in the future.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Fortunately, aircraft may be moved in SRU and SR:GW via transport ships and transport planes already. They need to be in a Port with an Airfield/Air Base before loading into a ship.

The issue at 1914 USA start is one of the aircraft production facilities is on the west coast, there is a noticeable lack of airfields in the middle of the country. They can make it to the next airfield, just barely, but it is still faster than getting a cargo/transport to the west coast, loading a plane and moving the transport down through the Panama Canal. I did indeed use transports to get the planes to Great Britain.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Yes, what GIJoe said.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:Yes, what GIJoe said.
noted..my lack of gaming time is starting to show.... :oops:
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

Can you add Poland as a playable country, in a scenario maybe. I know Poland did not exist on the map in that period, but it existed underground. The polish government operated even though Poland was partitioned. I'm asking for a couple of small cities or at least for a few polish units maybe stationed in France or Italy, so I can capture some of the polish cities. I bought the game but I'd like to play as poland, even if it would have to be a scenario that starts a few years after the war.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I'm not terribly familiar with modding at this point, so I'm not sure if this would qualify as a small mod. But basically I'm curious to test how well the AI handles much larger armies given the much slower pace and everything. I would like to see the major combatants of the UK, France, Germany, AH, Italy, OE, and Russia each have a considerable bump to the number of land fabs they have. Maybe 4 times their current? It doesn't really matter where, just reasonably close to the front lines so not buried deep in Siberia. lol. I'd also like to see military goods facilities have their output multiplied by perhaps 10, and industrial goods by 5. I'm not really looking for balance or for long term game play. I really just want to have a scenario where I can see how well the AI behaves when it has actual WW1 sized armies moving to the fronts. Is this in the realm of possibility?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:I'm not terribly familiar with modding at this point, so I'm not sure if this would qualify as a small mod. But basically I'm curious to test how well the AI handles much larger armies given the much slower pace and everything. I would like to see the major combatants of the UK, France, Germany, AH, Italy, OE, and Russia each have a considerable bump to the number of land fabs they have. Maybe 4 times their current? It doesn't really matter where, just reasonably close to the front lines so not buried deep in Siberia. lol. I'd also like to see military goods facilities have their output multiplied by perhaps 10, and industrial goods by 5. I'm not really looking for balance or for long term game play. I really just want to have a scenario where I can see how well the AI behaves when it has actual WW1 sized armies moving to the fronts. Is this in the realm of possibility?
Actually a rather quick and easy request.. might cause some personnel issues in the long term but ya this is doable. I'll try to put aside an hour or so on my next day off to get this done for you.
So UK Fance germany Italy austria/hungry and ottoman empire, russia +10 fabs each work?
As for increasing Goods... easy and quickest thing to do would be just up the base production of ALL goods facilities.. that acceptable? May cause issues with base goods needed to produce them though..
golden.pole wrote:Can you add Poland as a playable country, in a scenario maybe. I know Poland did not exist on the map in that period, but it existed underground. The polish government operated even though Poland was partitioned. I'm asking for a couple of small cities or at least for a few polish units maybe stationed in France or Italy, so I can capture some of the polish cities. I bought the game but I'd like to play as poland, even if it would have to be a scenario that starts a few years after the war.
Poland will need some land in order to make them playable.. give me a city and any other hexes you would like them to control at start. I'm assuming you would like atleast one land mil fab placed in their control... relations with everyone would be neutral.. editing the relations of 100+ nations turns this into a full blown mod and not a quick request.

I'll start on it when i get time (likely next day off) if you give me the basic parameters I ask for above.

I'll try to do both of these requests sometime this upcoming week unless one of my fellow modders wants to take a shot at either one.
Last edited by Fistalis on Aug 25 2017, edited 10 times in total.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Thank you! :D Russia too please. :)

Lol. Looks like I caught you editing. lol. Yes, I'm fine with all facility output being increased if that's easier. I really don't care about the economic side of things for this test, as long as it functions. I really just want to see how the front lines develop and what kind of offensive efforts they make when they have units to replace the ones they quickly lose, and to have the military goods necessary to keep everyone fighting.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:Thank you! :D Russia too please. :)

Lol. Looks like I caught you editing. lol. Yes, I'm fine with all facility output being increased if that's easier. I really don't care about the economic side of things for this test, as long as it functions. I really just want to see how the front lines develop and what kind of offensive efforts they make when they have units to replace the ones they quickly lose, and to have the military goods necessary to keep everyone fighting.
Ya i do that rather than making 15 posts..my brain usually thinks of other things that need to be said as soon as i hit the post button :lol:

Also edited the OP to reflect the current requests in case another modder wants to get it done before i find the time.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah, that makes sense. It just showed you as offline, so I assumed you had answered and were done. I would have waited a little longer before replying if I had realized. :P Either way, I appreciate it. I really should dive into the whole modding side of things myself so I can at least contribute considering the upcoming editor will likely result in mods becoming a bigger deal again. :)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. It just showed you as offline, so I assumed you had answered and were done. I would have waited a little longer before replying if I had realized. :P Either way, I appreciate it. I really should dive into the whole modding side of things myself so I can at least contribute considering the upcoming editor will likely result in mods becoming a bigger deal again. :)
yes considering the old text based moddin is still required to do any real changes.. the current state of the map editor only allows us to do the things the old modding methods wouldn't. It doesn't replace them. As for me being offline.. see that one Hidden user on the main pages list of who is online? it's me sshh don't tell anyone cause far as i know i'm the only one who chooses to be hidden.. lol

In total there are 32 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 27 guests
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Haha. Yeah, I deduced as much afterwards. :P Just wasn't thinking that far ahead at the time. lol.

As for the map editors. The map editor we currently have is serviceable for many things, but has quite a few limitations as you've noted. To be perfectly honest, I'm ok with the text based aspect continuing to be a thing for many things, but I'm hopeful that the official editor we officially get (because I will never stop hoping lol) will ultimately have more functionality. Truth is, I don't care if it's pretty or even all that easy to use. Obviously those things are nice, but more important to me is depth of what it can edit, and the ability to use it for existing saves. The Versailles treaty for example. I know they've been working on events to replicate it, but I'd absolutely love the ability to go in after the war, redistribute the land the way I want. Adjust funds, reserves, and pretty much everything else so that I would effectively be creating a new scenario to start from that point. Perhaps I don't want to dismantle the AH after the war, and decide to rebuild it with some minor border concessions or what have you. I'd love the ability to be able to do that, and to add facilities and resources to the map and all of that, to pretty much expand the playability of my game despite whatever engine limitations the actual game has to represent the things I want. lol. Either way, it's all besides the point here and off topic. Just me dreaming again. :P
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

golden.pole wrote:Can you add Poland as a playable country, in a scenario maybe. I know Poland did not exist on the map in that period, but it existed underground. The polish government operated even though Poland was partitioned. I'm asking for a couple of small cities or at least for a few polish units maybe stationed in France or Italy, so I can capture some of the polish cities. I bought the game but I'd like to play as poland, even if it would have to be a scenario that starts a few years after the war.

Poland has Hexes which are loyal to it. I logged in a 1914 start as Germany, released the Polish hexes and Poland appeared. You do not even need to unpause the game. It has 10 cities, 2 Barracks, 1 Sea Port and various civilian facilities. If you did this for both Germany and Russia, you would have a complete Poland. Would take about 5 minutes moving the save files around as you do it. Would that work for you?

EDIT: I tried this can cannot get Russia to release its hexes. I think it is because Poland exists now and is not in "exile"?

EDIT 2: If you start as Russia and release Poland you get a huge area.

I have a save as Poland, I can mail it to you if you like. Game is still at start date/time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

To make it easy, perhaps we can stick to simple borders. Let me give you the four corners of the polish borders:

NW: x922-y137 to NE: x948-y137
SW: x922-y155 to SE: x948-y155

Thanks a lot.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.

Return to “Modding SRGW”