How to get the actual GDP/c of the country?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Dawg
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

How to get the actual GDP/c of the country?

Post by Dawg »

I'm trying to figure out how you guys get the GDP/c

Like I see its (x amount), but how did the game figure out the capita.
What numbers did it use to draw that conclusion is what I'm trying to figure out.

Sorry I was on the wrong thread
I originally posted in GR which was Galactic ruler my bad.
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Re: How to get the actual GDP/c of the country?

Post by Dawg »

I'm also wondering, how do your people get more taxable money?
-IE not having taxes?
Also businesses and corporations don't benefit from lower taxes?
At least from my understanding...

Do you lower taxes on commodities, such as food consumer goods ETC..?
What grows their taxable money?
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Post by Dawg »

I also tried working out equations myself, although if its either the way the games designed or not I'm not sure some countries don't have the proper GDP/c, or GDP

I worked it out on one game I thought I understood it but then it left me confused again..
What I did was add domestic sales production on income with production of materials in expenses.

Then divided by population, but what was weird is the formula worked sometimes but other countries are sometimes way far out there with their GDP. Heck one of them when I did the same formula for a few of my games was half at the start. Half their GDP/c, so I was beginning to think maybe the starts always off and the GDP/c always goes down.

I actually am mind boggled about all this I think I stumbled across the same problem years ago.

You see if you multiply your population by your GDP/c you should get the total GDP of the country.
At least that's what I thought, I ended with 1,060,000M and a 59,932 GDP/c with 17,698,430 Population
But my income nor my expenses reach that level my expenses are 762,167M, and my income is 847,612M

My exact problem I ran across I cant really tell what my exact GDP is. Also I'm creating a surplus of 85,444M

If someone could help me that would be lovely,
Thanks..
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I noticed this is an GW topic, but yeah whats the difference? I only have extensive experience in 2020 after super easy runs in '36 and cw.

Some claims by the devs over the last years; "GDP is not modelled in the game." "All expences improve gdp/c."

So military units and expences improve gdp/c. You might think twice scrapping military facilities you dont need. Democracies are basicly broken. This also explains why ai doesnt have problem building or maintaining 70+ research centers, altho you only need 20. Under domestic tap you also have a military rating bar, when you get a couple of bars there seems to be a bonus to your income. So first priority in 2020 scenario, take down US :wink: Actually this is not a joke, everyone else will have 1 bar max because US military is by far the most modern, expensive and large military and even without foreign bases it all doesnt mather. To match their navy strenth will take you decennia.

In my most recent game where i just touch settings of regions worldwide, Norway had 1 million gdp/c and Netherlands made more then 100 trillion a day. You might want to experient with the suport party option. This will increase expences over time (and improve approval rating). If you do this both ways ai will finally get money, without creating a huge bubble in social expences when you give a region regular money. Next version it will prolly be removed since a mp group removed it without knowing how it could suport their gameplay and complained on the forum about this feature. If you are actually able to understand the feature, you will see back some elements of SR2020 economy (and diplomacy), just ignore world wide 100% approval rating. Too bad ai only build research centers. It will help tho with producing units if they got the money. And if ai build like sr2020 it would prolly burn my cpu.

Thats basicly all we know and nothing about this can be changed, besides increasing or reducing the impact of expences (and thus gdp/c). My impression is it is different in SR2020, but prolly had to cut corners because of scenarios in the 20th century.
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Post by Dawg »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 23 2021 I noticed this is an GW topic, but yeah whats the difference? I only have extensive experience in 2020 after super easy runs in '36 and cw.

Some claims by the devs over the last years; "GDP is not modelled in the game." "All expences improve gdp/c."

So military units and expences improve gdp/c. You might think twice scrapping military facilities you dont need. Democracies are basicly broken. This also explains why ai doesnt have problem building or maintaining 70+ research centers, altho you only need 20. Under domestic tap you also have a military rating bar, when you get a couple of bars there seems to be a bonus to your income. So first priority in 2020 scenario, take down US :wink: Actually this is not a joke, everyone else will have 1 bar max because US military is by far the most modern, expensive and large military and even without foreign bases it all doesnt mather. To match their navy strenth will take you decennia.

In my most recent game where i just touch settings of regions worldwide, Norway had 1 million gdp/c and Netherlands made more then 100 trillion a day. You might want to experient with the suport party option. This will increase expences over time (and improve approval rating). If you do this both ways ai will finally get money, without creating a huge bubble in social expences when you give a region regular money. Next version it will prolly be removed since a mp group removed it without knowing how it could suport their gameplay and complained on the forum about this feature. If you are actually able to understand the feature, you will see back some elements of SR2020 economy (and diplomacy), just ignore world wide 100% approval rating. Too bad ai only build research centers. It will help tho with producing units if they got the money. And if ai build like sr2020 it would prolly burn my cpu.

Thats basicly all we know and nothing about this can be changed, besides increasing or reducing the impact of expences (and thus gdp/c). My impression is it is different in SR2020, but prolly had to cut corners because of scenarios in the 20th century.

Yeah but I checked to see if the actual countries GDP not capita but just regular GDP was expenses. Its not or other wise my economy would be less GDP/c. I think its like off by 200B or more at the moment so idk.

I mean if the GDP was expenses, then let me check 882B divided by 19m population is in the 46K area. While my GDP/c says each one of my people has 66K. That's a big margin of error either that or its not based on that.

I'm playing Ohio, and its 11 years in the future. I pretty much gave up on how to get the GDP/c at this point.

-Edit-

Actually if Expenses were GDP/c then my my Expenses should be 1254B, that's a margin of error of 372B pretty big margin there.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

gdp/c is not all expences of your goverment divided by your population. But expences influence them. How to get the actual gdp/c i dont know. Those calculations are hidden. Some expence is prolly more effective towards gdp/c then others. And there is prolly some balance to achieve between all your expences so its at recommended levels. Like military rating, diplomacy rating, economy rating, domestic rating, all prolly boost the numbers.
Not even speaking about domestic market, and then all these numbers get compared towards other regions to improve or decrease production because of reasons. There is alot going on there. Not that it mathers much, when you can just buy good designs and get population in africa to do whatever you want, but yeah i guess it would be nice to know. Bascily at the start you see often dropping gdp/c because there is not enough expences. Game need to adjust to that for a few months to even years. If you start building magicly you get money. Its a bad idea to flood the market with goods tho. World is better of with rising prices.
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Post by Dawg »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 23 2021 gdp/c is not all expences of your goverment divided by your population. But expences influence them. How to get the actual gdp/c i dont know. Those calculations are hidden. Some expence is prolly more effective towards gdp/c then others. And there is prolly some balance to achieve between all your expences so its at recommended levels. Like military rating, diplomacy rating, economy rating, domestic rating, all prolly boost the numbers.
Not even speaking about domestic market, and then all these numbers get compared towards other regions to improve or decrease production because of reasons. There is alot going on there. Not that it mathers much, when you can just buy good designs and get population in africa to do whatever you want, but yeah i guess it would be nice to know. Bascily at the start you see often dropping gdp/c because there is not enough expences. Game need to adjust to that for a few months to even years. If you start building magicly you get money. Its a bad idea to flood the market with goods tho. World is better of with rising prices.
I was creating a spread sheet and when I went to calculate everything I couldn't figure out how they got the actual GDP of the country. So basically I had to scrap that idea.. lol

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”