Multiple questions about perfomance and techs

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

raxo2222
Captain
Human: Yes

Multiple questions about perfomance and techs

Post by raxo2222 »

Didn't play it for long time.

How fast now this game is?
Is it year per 10 minutes? Or more like year per hour?

Is it possible to research all techs without game grinding to halt?
How realistic is tech tree for 2010 year and later?

This question can apply to Supreme Ruler Ultimate too.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Multiple questions about perfomance and techs

Post by Rosalis »

raxo2222 wrote: Jan 30 2020 Didn't play it for long time.

How fast now this game is?
Is it year per 10 minutes? Or more like year per hour?
If thats your way of determing game speed, you might want to stay away from this game. Or you like to play on fastest setting with a super computer and love watching bad movies. Performance has been improved.
Is it possible to research all techs without game grinding to halt?
How realistic is tech tree for 2010 year and later?
Not sure what your problem was, but it was most likely units, not techs grinding game to a halt. If you expect regions from 1914 have 2010 tech in 2010, well i cant give feedback on that. Only play modern games, rarely CW never WW2. Now planes are used, AI loose them more so it should be better for longer games.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

Rosalis wrote: Jan 30 2020 If thats your way of determing game speed, you might want to stay away from this game. Or you like to play on fastest setting with a super computer and love watching bad movies. Performance has been improved.
So how fast this game actually is?
Rosalis wrote: Jan 30 2020 Not sure what your problem was, but it was most likely units, not techs grinding game to a halt. If you expect regions from 1914 have 2010 tech in 2010, well i cant give feedback on that. Only play modern games, rarely CW never WW2. Now planes are used, AI loose them more so it should be better for longer games.
I meant if tech year placement reflect reality, that is if techs are placed in proper year section (at least to 2030 year - I noticed some techs being impossible in real life or at least being way too soon like all energy sources after fusion in that tech tree).
EXAMPLE: tech X in game is invented/discovered in 2019 year, but in real life it could be invented/discovered in 2016 or be invented in 5 years.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Depends on your play style, i have no problems with lag anymore or hickups or whatever you wanna call them. Only if 2 superpowers throw their whole air force at eachother then you might have some lag.

On the techs well honestly its a mess. Priorities that the AI research is messed up, and there is no protection or anything to keep tech year in balance, but like i said for me it doesnt mather that much since i play modern games, But yeah thats one of the reasons. A improvement is AI build tech centers. but honestly thats also messed up, Egypt have about 20 research centers 3 years in the game and USA 40 which can only use half cause there is no more tech.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

I think you got very confused:
I asked how fast game advances - that is if you play one hour then one year will pass in game - something like that.

I also asked about tech year - lets pick one tech as example (from tech tree I found):
Nano Computing tech has 117 year tech level implying tech was invented in 2017.
In real life this tech seems to be not invented yet.
This means this would be tech in 2021 (121 tech level) or something like that.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I think you are confused. If i prepare for a mayor war and execute it, 1 year might take a cpl of hours because of planning so yeah.

On techs indeed im confused, if you expect those techs to be updated, then no. They didnt even update GDP/C from 15 years ago. Tech level is basicly removed from SR2020.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

1 year per hour was example here - so my guess for peacetime speed was pretty good here.

Also it looks like any tech past tech level 100 (or 110) has arbitrary tech level - not based on real life then.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

1 hr per year on normal seems about right. I mean they aim for 12 sec a day, but are fine with games send which are arround 20 sec a day, so yeah you do the math.

Basicly there is a date number on the techs, but thats all there is. If its '56 tech or '114 tech doesnt mather for the AI. It got priorities and depending on what happen in the game, they might skip military techs.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

I mean it would be nice if `114 tech in game was really discovered/invented in 2014 in real life.
So it doesn't matter for AI if its actually `110 or `120 tech, but it would be nice if it reflected real life.
Some techs seems to be way out there post `140 (mainly antimatter/dark matter/dark energy powerplants) as if there was technological singularity lol.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Oh now i get you. Nah it would be to restricted for me. Its not date that discover the techs.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

I didn't mean `115 year tech discovered in 2015 year in game.
I meant that `XXX tech was actually discovered/invented in 1900+XXX year in real life.

In game you can discover `XXX year in any year you want.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”