Theirs a Bug for the Money

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Dawg
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Theirs a Bug for the Money

Post by Dawg »

It says I'm producing 67M a day (goes up and down) then it says I'm spending in trade 8M a day. But when I check my actual treasury the amount only goes up by 42-46M when it should be 55M. Also it was worse, it use to say like 10-20M a day, but I spent some money trying to ally some regions. I have a 105,000M Treasury (was 155,000M). Can someone explain what is going on.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Theirs a Bug for the Money

Post by Balthagor »

Welcome to the forums.

The economic system of the game has been discussed many times over the years. If you search the forums, you can find a variety of threads discussing the topic.

The short version is, because we don't limit the total size of a treasury, and because of the way math for large numbers works (something called Floating Point) there is some degree of rounding error that exists once player treasuries get above a certain size. Losing 20M might sound like a lot, but on a treasury of 105B, that's a difference of 0.02%. it is our belief that throughout the course of long gameplay, the total difference should be small enough not to impact the overall game experience.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Post by Dawg »

Yeah I went looking around and finally figured out what you guys were talking about, your talking about the actual treasury and not the surplus. Still was this a thing before? Because I use to be able to get like 560B before having economic issues.
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Post by Dawg »

Balthagor wrote: May 02 2021 Losing 20M might sound like a lot, but on a treasury of 105B, that's a difference of 0.02%. it is our belief that throughout the course of long gameplay, the total difference should be small enough not to impact the overall game experience.
Yeah, I think I understand, before I thought you guys were talking about 1% of the actual surplus, not the treasury itself. But was this implemented recently? Because I use to play as china back in the day having 500B 1T, etc etc. Or maybe my surplus was growing faster then my expenses.

That's another thing, I try to play economically, some games I literally made my population grow stagnant, and grow my gdp around 0.5-2%... Which is really economic slow growth, yet My spending still keeps going up and I lose more then I gain,
especially if my GDP/c goes up without population gain, then I do the opposite and grow my population wildly and it happens that way too. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong sometimes I killed off the population just by making my education really high.

So can you guys explain why I keep going lower and lower on surplus. The only time it stays the same is if I barely grow my economy at all like the stagnant gdp/c and population. Too much you loose money too low you lose money. I dont have a clue why though.

Return to “Issues and Support”