OOS - very rarely

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

OOS - very rarely

Post by mrgenie »

If you have an OOS during multiplayer. We have this one every 10 hours of playing (don't ask me why)
but it's easy to continue!

On 1 of the computers you keep the latest saved game.

On the other computer(s) you rename the saved game to xxxxxx.BCK

Now you start the game again and it will automatically load the 1 remaining saved game to the other computers and your OOS is gone.

Note we get this on a game in 1945 (started in 1912) and got this every once every 5 years.

Since we have in total around 50.000 units running around the map, progress is not that fast.

Wouldn't consider it slow either, next day takes 11 seconds. So consider the amount of units that's extremely fast
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: OOS - very rarely

Post by Balthagor »

If you a situation where you think you can consistently reproduce the sync error, we could take a look, but it sounds like this is fairly random. It's likely a connection issue between some of your players. You're already using the exact solution I would have suggested.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: OOS - very rarely

Post by mrgenie »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 23 2019 If you a situation where you think you can consistently reproduce the sync error, we could take a look, but it sounds like this is fairly random. It's likely a connection issue between some of your players. You're already using the exact solution I would have suggested.
No, nothing consistent. Don't bother looking for this one, needle in a haystack.

Might not even be game engine related. We play over WLAN and I'm always close to blame every issue I ever encounter to the WLAN.

Anyway, it happens once every 5 hours of gameplay on a game where we're already 40 years playing from 1912(that's where I have our scenario start, fictional)
to 1952 and we have tens of thousands of units running around.

The OOS from what I could have figured thus far, most likely to occur when clicking to build a lot of new stuff.

Construction 100+ oil platforms, or timber mills, etc. Or clicking insanely fast to do this.

But it's not consistent, you can click 1000 new constructions and nothing happens. Just when it happens, always when constructing a lot of new stuff and ONLY during the clicking.

So I wouldn't waste my time on it.

Not to bad from time to time to load a fresh saved game and sync the saved game between players anyway, to be sure.

And the OOS we usually use for Coffee time anyway
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues and Support”