New feature thought on Casus Belli, War likelyhood, alliances

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

New feature thought on Casus Belli, War likelyhood, alliances

Post by mrgenie »

Country A is being attacked. He defends and releases the country back with neutral/good relations.. all fine.
Country A now is the attacker, attacks and releases the country back with neutral/good relations.. all fine.

But now country A decides to Annex/Colonize.. this is EXPANSION.. and thus a risk for all the other countries in the world.

We've seen in the world always when some nations really going for global dominance the rest of the world steps up united!

In the background of the coding(maybe visible to some info screen but most important it's there) there thus should be set something to avoid global dominance.. eventually leading to a world war against any country going for global dominance. So eventually, if you really want to win, you have to ultimately face WORLD WAR to achieve it.

currently this game, and any other game in the world, lacks this as you can easily expand country after country.

This object name "DefensiveAllianceSpecificallyAgainstNationAvoidGlobalDominance" should have some variables like:
- list of ALL countries
- for each country a factor/value to summarize their
factor A: economical power
factor B: resource domination
factor C; military/industrial power
factor D: military power
factor E: manpower
factor F: annexed/colonized land
- list of countries set as "aggressive of a threshold"
- list of countries set as "join the alliance to oppose and fight the aggressor(s)"

Then every now and then a background process evaluates this data for all countries by first checking annexed/colonized land... only these countries actually strive for global domination
For these I do some pretty good calculation which countries expand further than the rest and the more one country starts to conquer, colonize, annex the more higher the value out of the calculation.

At a specific threshold, a country is then set as "wants to strive for global domination" This can also be more than 1 country like in WWII: Russia, Germany, Japan, Italy all 4 of them started WWII with the aim
for max global domination while Russia just during WWII not expanding far enough to trigger the "everyone else will oppose and ally against that country" but Russia expanded at the end of WWII far enough
to trigger that.

Anyway, any country expanding too much aggressively over a threshold will be having an "alliance against them"

The other countries we need some evaluation how to determine if they are in the pool of allies but just as in reality as in WWII more and more countries will oppose the aggressors.

Countries within the "aggressive strive for global domination" might turn against each other as Germany attacked their ally Russia. After initially together attacking the allies and conquering space in eastern Europe
together we see they can turn against each other.

Countries in the pool of "oppose the aggressors" will not wage war against each other, if they are this is stopped, they automatically get mutual assistance, military access to each other and aid each other.
Should a country, like Germany in WWII, attack another assessor like Russia in WWII that country will also switch to the pool of "oppose the aggressor"
but land already conquered by the other aggressor who now turns into "defender" will remain theirs while all the other areas/countries after the war will returned and be free nations again.

This is just a preliminary idea on how to make the game more interesting and make it more difficult for a human player to gain global domination.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: New feature thought on Casus Belli, War likelyhood, alliances

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

There is something like this already working - but in another game (superpower 2) - and its working pretty hard even against a powerful aggressor.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Well with or without UN fact is if in reality a country expands too much, foe and allies start to work together to take down the aggressor.

In reality it's practically impossible to conquer the world.

You can create an empire with free trade/colonies/etc but ruling the entire world by conquest in reality is kinda impossible but in SR it is possible and it shouldn't be

if i play NL, I can conquer all of Europe and then Africa, Russia, eventually even conquering the USA, Russia, China, India..

with a country of only 18 million :)

It's impossible for NL to even beat Germany in reality, but even if you could, picking other EU countries one after the other? Impossible.

UK/France/Poland/etc they'd all line up to declare war on NL if the Dutch were ever to expand that much..

there's something lik the "balance of power" which works local, continental and global. I really miss that in SR..

It should NOT be impossible to "rule the world" by alliances, trade, etc..
that's possible up to some part.. but by conquest?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Voodoo economy is a good one :)

I think BG should add a "simplistic" economy model to the game...

now we have very easy, easy, hard, etc..

but the simplistic would simply omit 99% of the economy model and give both human and AI extreme much cash to play with.. like all costs 25% lower as currently

especially what always kills me is the cost on infrastructure..

Under social spending, maintain a large empire, the infrastructure under social spending makes up 80-90% of my total government spending..

this is kinda extreme out of context when I compare that with real world countries.

When I look how much Russia-USA-Germany-China spend on infrastructure that's not even close to government spending of these countries so in the game it's extremely out of proportions.

Lowering these costs by 75% on a "very simplistic" economy model would be a great start.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote: May 29 2019 I think BG should add a "simplistic" economy model to the game...
We don't have resources we can allocate to developing an entierly different economic model.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Oh i c. well it wouldn't be complex, that's the whole point...

something like a non-economic model..

simply amount of people * average wage * tax rate = income

inflation fixed at 1%
income rising 1% fixed ( so basically a zeroing out)

same with costs..

so basically an option with a stripped economy model..

But if it's a lot of work I can see this is not worth it.

Return to “Issues and Support”