Are spies worth it?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Are spies worth it?

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

They do Recon, which is cool but not really necessary.

Espionage is good on paper, but you will probally be already be investing more on your own research.
Smaller nations could indeed use espionage but i'm not sure if smaller nations should indeed waste $200 to $500 million building an Intelligence Academy.

Sabotage, even the manual says it its not suitable for crippling a region's economy.
Actually only smaller nations would get crippled because of that. But you could just attack and conquer the smaller nation other than sabotaging it at all.

So... I would like to know your guys's opinions. Do you think that espionage is worth the price?
If yes, how do you guys use your spies?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Are spies worth it?

Post by Rosalis »

Who cares about the price if intelligence massively improve your gdp/c. Intel, thats all i use them for, if i use them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It can be fun to steal the designs for someone's fighter plane or destroyer. Or steal a technology.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Or just pay a few penny to get the design you want instead of trying to do that for 500 times and get a ww2 unit in 2020. Dont even want alot of technologies.

Production and demand... research and intelligence are good ways to improve your gdp/c. If things were thight it would be different. Game just promotes you to do it all. Lets just say it can be improved. For cw and below it might be fun to roleplay, i dont know. Sabotage is a joke, when damaged facilities produce the same or more then a 100% one. Not that 5% is gonna do anything.

I mean... im at war with you; no problem i will just selll the most op item in the game for 200 billion dollars. Does it really mathers after that? You can easily get 200 billion no problem, no mather which scenario. Like i said loose focus on production and demand and it all doesnt mather.

BTW its the DUTCH that helped US gain their independence not the freaking UK. Not that every politician of importance already know this. Youtube just the 8th world wonder isnt it?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”