Battle for the Atlantic question

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Battle for the Atlantic question

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

It says that any nation can raid the british convois on the Atlantic ocean, thus damaging its economy.

But I would like to know if this is fixed to the UK only.
Like, lets say Ireland manages to annex the British Isles entirelly, and then another country tries to do the ''Battle of the Atlantic" system against the irish.
Will the irish get the penalties aswell or is the "Battle of the Atlantic" hardcoded to the UK specifically?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Battle for the Atlantic question

Post by Balthagor »

I don't know the answer, so I searched the forums. Here's what's be said previously;
George Geczy wrote: Jun 23 2015 - Battle of the Atlantic - when on, regions at war with the UK can interdict UK resource stocks by patrolling the North Atlantic, as long as the UK is not at war with the US and Canada.
Thread is here
George Geczy wrote: Nov 10 2016 The implementation of the Battle of the Atlantic was, in a couple of ways, "customized" for the WWII situation, and so is hard to represent in a more general way that would apply to other countries, especially in cases where borders change.

We did, early on, play with some ideas about proximity of combat ships to enemy ports, but the gameplay of all that seemed too abstract and hard to report to players.
Thread is here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”