SR Ultimate - is realistic Manchukuo possible?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Antonin
Lieutenant

SR Ultimate - is realistic Manchukuo possible?

Post by Antonin »

I recently read Louise Young's excellent book "Japan's Total Empire: Manchuria and the Culture of Wartime Imperialism," and as an experiment I've begun a new SR Ultimate Sandbox game as Japan. Manchukuo begins the game as a Japanese colony, and my goal is to recreate as much of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere as possible, without the "strike south" strategy. I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever tried this.

Early on in the game it does not seem that Japan has the same degree of control over Manchukuo as she did in real life. This is my first time, really, trying to focus on the "colony" aspect of SR Ultimate.
Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: SR Ultimate - is realistic Manchukuo possible?

Post by Rosalis »

If you play any further you will see united China with motorised infantry. I dont need to read a book to know this is completely of the charge. What Japan did to there colonies is closer to what the most evil player in rimworld does then any other ww2 strategy game, but this game break the records. For me this will always be a what if future scenario, altho that potential seems completely lost in SRU.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”