Can my PC run SR U?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Steva2003
Corporal
Human: Yes

Can my PC run SR U?

Post by Steva2003 »

Can my PC run SR Ultimate?
Windows 7
Graphics card Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Processor Intel Celeron CPU 430 1.80GHz
Ram memory 1GB
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Can my PC run SR U?

Post by Balthagor »

The system requirements for the game are listed at the bottom of the store page;

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7322 ... d=32938519

It looks like you could run it, but you only just pass minimum requirements. You might want to look at what other users have reported for their game experience in this thread;
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=29824&p=199097&hil ... ce#p199097

Users downloaded a particularly detailed savegame to compare game speed results. Also, you could buy it, try it out, and return it if you're not happy with how it plays. Be sure to read Steam's return policies first if you're considering this option.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 28 2021 The system requirements for the game are listed at the bottom of the store page;

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7322 ... d=32938519
Psst the question is about Ultimate not Cold War :p
This is the correct link not that the MSR are much different.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3149 ... _Ultimate/

That said if it will run is hard to say. The problem is the hardware is really old and chances are Intel has not updated the drivers for half a decade or more. It is possible there are some issues with old drivers but the only way to find out is to try.

I am however fairly confident that the result will be less than amazing.

You got a roughly 14 year old CPU single core budget CPU. This game is CPU intensive so that will be an issue. If it makes it unplayable is naturally a subjective question.
A 14 year old onboard graphics card also means I would suggest disabling all optional graphics settings like 3D terrain.

My suggestion would be to do like Balthagor suggests and use Steams refund policy to try the game and see if it runs. If not refund it under Steams (I think 2 hour playtime) refund policy.

Yes I know that is not the best answer but honestly I think it is as much a question of "will the game be playable" given the hardware involved as it is "will the game run" and only you can answer that question.
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

SRU requieres at minium a Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz as a processor, while you're using a Processor Intel Celeron CPU 430 1.80GHz, so it will run but not smoothly.
As for the graphics card SRU needs at min a ATI FireGL T2-128 which is somehow equivalent towards a Intel G33/G31.
And for RAM it needs 1 GB Ram and you only got 1 GB Ram, but we should't forget your OS and System will naturally consume some % of your RAM, so you're under the necessary requierements.
The good thing is that you're using Win7 which is one of the least ram-consuming OS overall. I would suggest closing all applications before trying to run SRU.

Technically speaking, you can play it (with low configs and a low resolution and disabled 3D map), but it will probally have a lot of freezings and FPS-drops.

I would recommend buying the game, start the game as US/USSR which have lots of units and buildings and diplomatic treaties, and see if you can get a stable experience.
Do it for less than 10 minutes so you can request your refund if everything goes wrong.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”