Three small questions regarding rail and supply!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pashahlis
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Three small questions regarding rail and supply!

Post by Pashahlis »

1. Does rail transport make supply usage 0 or only reduce it?
2. Does supply only affect the amount a facility produced, or does it affect the cost of production as well?
3. Do rail and roads provide the same amount of supply, or is rail better?
SGTscuba
General

Re: Three small questions regarding rail and supply!

Post by SGTscuba »

Pashahlis wrote: Nov 04 2020 1. Does rail transport make supply usage 0 or only reduce it?
Its the same as roads with regards supply push, it doesn't generate supply, but it makes the loss of supply over a distance reduce.
2. Does supply only affect the amount a facility produced, or does it affect the cost of production as well?
Supply affects production quantity. It has a small affect on production cost as the maintenance cost of the building is spread over more units (but I don't think this is reflected in the production cost directly)
3. Do rail and roads provide the same amount of supply, or is rail better?
Same supply, but roads allow vehicles to move quicker over difficult terrain, rails don't provide this but do provide rail transport which limits the speed but allows no fuel to be used whilst moving (and you can't fight whilst in the transport mode)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Pashahlis
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by Pashahlis »

> Its the same as roads with regards supply push, it doesn't generate supply, but it makes the loss of supply over a distance reduce.
Gotcha. I didnt mean that it produces supply though but that it pushes it forward. But yes, its the same. So rail is better for distributing supply across your land as its less expensive in maintenance but when you are concerned about troop movements near the frontlines, roads are more important of course. Rails do provide rail transport but that shouldnt be used near the front.
> Supply affects production quantity. It has a small affect on production cost as the maintenance cost of the building is spread over more units (but I don't think this is reflected in the production cost directly)
Right. Building costs are fixed so obviously the fixed costs per good produced will be lower the more you produce.
> Same supply, but roads allow vehicles to move quicker over difficult terrain, rails don't provide this but do provide rail transport which limits the speed but allows no fuel to be used whilst moving (and you can't fight whilst in the transport mode)
How do I activate rail transport anyway? I do not mean the checkbox that allow units to use rail transport when they are under minister control. I mean how do I manually use rail transport?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

They just use the rail transport if it is needed usually as part of there own pathing commands.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”