Crazy Inflation as China

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Crazy Inflation as China

Post by ArthurDesmond »

In my Cold War sandbox as China I went on a building spree and modernized my military (though I'm trying to keep it to eight hundred units between all branches at most), and waged several wars. On the surface I am fine, I have mostly profitable industry, a lot of money and my military is one of the most modern (though given it is 62 and the AI has been building without many war losses others may be larger than mine). I tried jacking up domestic prices and taxes, but my DAR is plumetting. Meanwhile my inflation went down a little bit, but is trending back up again. It's at 17.7%, it was at 20%. Do I just have to build nothing for a decade to gets it down?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Crazy Inflation as China

Post by Rosalis »

I mean whats your unemployment? How much did you build? When someone says building spree and pretty new to the game, it usually means hundreds of facilities. You dont want that. Except for China (and India) 2020. They need hundreds.

Communism should ignore dar, mar is all that mathers. Inflation in this game basicly means growth. So if you want to get it down, raise taxes, raise domestic prices and lower social spending (100% is enough). Build/produce what you need, more then 10 research centers is a waste if you already have inflation problems. Make sure most your production is in good supply (+50%).

If you got 20% inflation its time to get it down, but you dont really have to worry about it. All that mathers is your treasury. If you got alot of inflation, annex a big population area and scrap their facilities. You can get it down very fast if you do the right things. Another long term option is colonise certain regions so you have to produce less.

Your population could also have too much money, in that case you could lower domestic prices or sales tax. But thats more common in democracies.

Then there is a final solution. Kill as much population as possible with bombers or artillery from regions you annex and scrap everything except airbases and sea ports. That surplus timber and agriculture will help you. Ways to fix growing as smaller region.
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

I essentially figured it out, and I did have to jack up the prices, taxes and stop a lot of construction and spending for a couple years. I had built up so that I had exports in all categories, and I was profitable on most of them. But I had built hundreds of resource and goods units in '49-'64. I have inflation back down and a little bit of unemployment up, plus I am in the 90s in technology in 1967 or so. Definitely ahistorical, but I should have set world tension higher. Not enough wars.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

ctrl+shift+s = world volatility

Your game can be bugged out tho if everyone got good relations. In that case you can fix it by loading other regions and suporting oppositions.
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

Rosalis wrote: Aug 19 2020 ctrl+shift+s = world volatility

Your game can be bugged out tho if everyone got good relations. In that case you can fix it by loading other regions and suporting oppositions.
What is the basis of little bars in the diplomacy box that show up the strength of your economy, diplomacy, military, etc? I have like 1-3 bars as China even though I know I could stomp a mud hole in higher rated powers like France and might even be able to fight the USA, which has max military bars.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

3 bars in diplomacy? That is pretty bad. You declared alot of wars with low justification i guess.

When you mouse over it you have treaty integrity, which means how the world will look at you (last pieces of UN left from SR2020). I guess you dont have any allies, but yeah thats the way too loose them when you declare war. Also more likely to get war declarations on you, which i actually like. There are no economy penalties, since you can actually export to a hidden region, but you get less trade offers. This needs to be cloose to 90% anyway to get alot of offers. Other regions could just buy from the hidden region or others if they dont like you.
When you annex, rebuild and colonise you would also loose integrity, or if you annex a colony. Well sometimes. In 1 game for USSR CW i didnt loose anything doing this, as Netherlands i can loose alot doing this. So maybe its good for once to be communist.

There are tricks you can do to keep or get it high, but you might just want to figure it out for yourself. Tell me if you wanna know and ill tell you.

World market subsidy i dont fullly understand myself. When i start with a small country like Netherlands its very low (altho its arround number 5 of export countries irl), but after i take over China and Russia it is 91%. So yeah i dont even know. I guess market share of some sort, but why that would mather.
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

Rosalis wrote: Aug 19 2020 3 bars in diplomacy? That is pretty bad. You declared alot of wars with low justification i guess.
Good to know, though my diplomacy itself is up to near max, but my Military rating is at 1-3 usually, even though I have what's basically future tech (80s) and about 1000 units.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Thats basicly because you use minimal things you think you need. If you put full ai initiative stop scrapping military fabrications or build more it will rise. A full rise means descent number of facilities, ai initiative, and a balanced military. Possibly a conflict since ai of some regions like to put most in reserve.

I dont know if there are actually effects for this. I assume the more bars the better it is for economy too, especially for non democratic nations.

Once i was confident i defeated US and put full ai initiative, by that time i had alot of troops since i just wanted to speed up the process. I never made so much money in that game. I think it was something like 73B a day, before i was strugling to keep a positive balance.
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

Essentially the AI is too dumb to fight with anything except massive numbers, so the game thinks my army isn't the best even though I deal octuple casualties on the regular.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

It should just be possible to fully max military bar with ai initiative off.

In the final patch there was another huge improvement. If US sended troops to South Korea or Japan and initiative was on, the ai would send them back to loyal territory. Now they will stay there. So if there is no connection over land to your loyal region, you could just put those troops on ai intiative. But yeah i feel you, i dont like to loose military personel either.

Its a hard balance to find right.. defending clustered cities is easy, going on the offence can offer great rewards. Every city you capture temporarly improve dar. AI used to go all in and not defend. Now its more like SR2020 where they consider wether to attack or defend. But yeah in some situations people prolly think the ai should attack more.

Main dissapointment for me in SRGW was ai still cant entrench, you can see they are working on it, but still its not fully working. If they entrench tho, what tells them that its not needed anymore. Besides that, the entrenchment bar is bugged. But yeah keep pushing more and more features, so the patch notes look fancy.
Going back to HoI4, being able to select a bunch of troops, click the border and AI entrench all the border cities, that could be a possible solution i think. Then after the war is over, everything should be freed and repeated against the new border. Another option is to just use special forces for this. 1 special forces per city. When the enemy attack, it will take them a while, ai send reinforcements and result is a huge battle for the city with supply to advance further. The costs would be nothing besides training them since they are very cheap and Russia and China are much more able to defend their huge borders. Another result of this would be that smaller regions have a much higher chance to survive. How i adressed it in my 2020 mod? Garrison stats are improved, more like light infantry. A pain for me as player, but im past conquering the world asap anyway.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”