Question About Stats of the T54 and Type 59

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Question About Stats of the T54 and Type 59

Post by ArthurDesmond »

There is a Chinese Type 59 tank in the game that's basically the same as an early T54 Soviet tank. It has significantly improved stats over the T54, though, and I was wondering if the tank actually had some improvement I am unaware of, or if this represents a later upgraded model such as were in service in the 90s or is it just the sort of thing where it's a later model so it gets better stats?

Also, they're quite far into the tech tree in Cold War, even though China already had hundreds for their '59 parade anniversary IRL. They should really start the game with some.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Question About Stats of the T54 and Type 59

Post by Rosalis »

Its a combination of factors. They went back in time devoloping their titles. The design is simply orbats of '49. Not '59. At '59 Russia got similair designs that are just as good as the Chinese if not better, well irl atleast. In my recent SU campaign i have 41 T72M in 1958 without really trying. T54 is a 1947 tank.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Plus, we allowed modders to submit a large number of units, which may have introduced some different balancing choices from what we created. For SRNG, we've already begun work on analyzing some of the combat stats of units.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ArthurDesmond
Warrant Officer

Post by ArthurDesmond »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 21 2020 Plus, we allowed modders to submit a large number of units, which may have introduced some different balancing choices from what we created. For SRNG, we've already begun work on analyzing some of the combat stats of units.
While it might make for less flavor, for many countries even their native designs are almost identical to Warsaw or NATO designs despite internal designations otherwise. Most of the units should really just be copies of Soviet ones, perhaps slightly inferior or superior in some cases but mostly that's below the resolution of the game. This is most true for heavy industrial products like tanks and aircraft, local small arms were also mostly AK/AR clones but some doctrines and standards were different from Sov or American ones.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”