The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

milivoje02
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

Post by milivoje02 »

In the next generation of Suprem ruler it should be changed the way air strikes are effective. Let's say when units are found in forested areas that if they are not in combat they should not be noticeable to units from the air.
And very important: to insert the possibility of destroying goods reserves by action from the air. (Oil, industrial goods, consumer goods, raw materials). This would mean that logistics warehouse facilities should be inserted where goods from factories and raw materials would be stored(to have something to destroy).
Regional groups rich in units, because fans of the game will still play with them, should start from the point of view that everyone should be more interested in playing. if the task is to conquer the world, then each group should adjust to accomplishing it. So changes could be made there as suggested by Cdiplayer in his post which is included in this chapter.
Research centars : what is unrealistic is that when conquering military facilities and cities with research centers they are available the next day to employ their research capacity.
Which in reality was not possible because the human department would have to be replaced. which would last for at least a few months.The same goes for military factories and civilian ones.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Jun 15 2021 Let's say when units are found in forested areas that if they are not in combat they should not be noticeable to units from the air.
Why? A modern squadron of 18 aircraft has sufficient electronics to find a battalion of 40 tanks or APCs. And the game doesn't use a yes/no it can see stuff, the spotting system is quite sophisticated. We could adjust values so that the aircraft have to get "right on top of them", or some version of closer, but I disagree with a fixed rule of "can't see".
milivoje02 wrote: Jun 15 2021 Regional groups rich in units, because fans of the game will still play with them, should start from the point of view that everyone should be more interested in playing.
This has been discussed before and I still disagree with it. Some countries in the world will never develop indigenous industries for some types of military equipment. You don't actually need stealth bombers or aircraft carriers to conquer the world. There are lots of paths to victory. I'd rather see us make a more robust unit trading system. Playing from different countries should have different advantages and disadvantages.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Why? A modern squadron of 18 aircraft has sufficient electronics to find a battalion of 40 tanks or APCs. And the game doesn't use a yes/no it can see stuff, the spotting system is quite sophisticated. We could adjust values so that the aircraft have to get "right on top of them", or some version of closer, but I disagree with a fixed rule of "can't see".
For tanks yes with that contitions if there are in movment. But if there are stationary for more the one hour they motors temperature whil cooll down,and if there are comuflage they would bee hard to spoot. Armies, usually camouflage vehicles and equipment in dense vegetation conditions such as forests. If the thermal imaging values ​​are low, aerial observation is very difficult.
This has been discussed before and I still disagree with it. Some countries in the world will never develop indigenous industries for some types of military equipment. You don't actually need stealth bombers or aircraft carriers to conquer the world. There are lots of paths to victory. I'd rather see us make a more robust unit trading system. Playing from different countries should have different advantages and disadvantages.
When you put like that yes(some things where overlook). Condition are change during the game. With more teritory country have a more resorses. In that condition conutry would have more resorses to devolope unit projects that are in need to gain dominance over opponents. I have already mentioned that the development of military equipment depends on the level of aggression of the world.
for example, look at the development of weapons in the world from 1980 to the present day. And the development of weapons from 1933 to 1945.
There is also a moment of military alliances. Like the USA and Russia there are inviting countries to participate in the development of their aircraft.
Also, countries are entering into joint weapons development projects together for lower costs. Perhaps something in this regard should happen in the game, so as to depart from the possibility of countries to develop only units from the regional group, but to be able to enter into the development of units that are in the second group through cooperation.

And what do you think about inserting the possibility of destroying goods(consumer,mitary,industial) and raw meterials and oil through an air strike? In armed conflicts, reserves of these materials and oil are among the top priorities for destruction.This could be addressed by inserting facilities such as warehouses and logistics centers.
By damaging and destroying them, the effect of paralyzing the country's economy with air strikes could be achieved.
This would give the air campaign a whole new moment and, In my opinion, significantly change both the game and the style of play. The effect of reality seen in current conflicts in the world would be achieved.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The other ideas are worth some consideration, I don't have feedback on them at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

The trade model could change. Let's say that the transverse does not happen on the same day.Currently in the game we have a situation where the transfer of goods, technology and design units happens on the same day. In fact, the implementation of the technology and design of the unit would take at least a few months.
As far as goods are concerned, it is impossible, for example, to transfer oil worth $ 10,000,000 from Mexico to Portugal on the same day.
When say a moving of goods overseas would transfer with tankers and merchant ships a model similar to the one already in the game, I mean the merchant navy. A window of blockadeing the island countries would be opened by capturing or sinking vessels with the goods of that country. Something like what Germany tried to do with the United Kingdom in the first phase of World War II.
MattTheDamon
Sergeant

Post by MattTheDamon »

I think I suggested sorta a highway system for ships(so its easier for them not to get stuck or trapped in random spots) for trade so that you could blockade and target shipping and trade. I like the idea of being able to capture enemy ships and take the resources. I think its a good idea to have storage facilities for all the resources. I always thought its weird you have infinite storage.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

The thing that turns me off after getting into the game again is the vast amount of information about units i have to get acquainted with to be able to make determinations what is better or not. THe mod that basically removes all units and replaces them with MK1, MK2 etc.. is the best damn thing ever, and i wish a future SR has some kind easy way of showing what tech level a unit is without having to click through everything or having to memorize the entire bloated catalog of units (sorry guys, i know you like your 'unit flavor', but its hell for me).
MattTheDamon
Sergeant

Post by MattTheDamon »

A comparison tool would be fabulous.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Posted on Steam forums;
I for one love these games. I've played countless hours into them. But there is one thing that I've always wanted to see. And that's more economic data. specifically historical data. Charts. graphs. etc. I'd love to be able to see price trends for goods and resources, etc. or to see breakdowns of how the price of raw goods affects the value of manufactured goods, or military equipment. etc.

Another thing, is I'd love to see a more detailed breakdown of relations with other countries. and if there is any way to show why a country likes you or doesn't like you. or why they don't accept agreements, etc. I guess I just got spoiled with Paradox showing that.

Finally, has any thought been given with adding mechanics like army generals or characters that could be assigned to regions to give bonuses to all the military units in said area?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 09 2021 Another suggestion thread was posted here; viewtopic.php?f=70&p=199885#p199885
Cdiplayer wrote: Jun 08 2021

1. The ability to change your national flag in game. This is such a huge immersion breaker for me. If the AI can change its flags in game through events, why can't I? I think that the interface for this would be relatively simple as well, if you want to change your nation's flag, just click on the flag itself, and then scroll through all the flags in the flagbits files in the graphics folders. You could either set it up like it functions in the modding tools, where you scroll through one flag at a time, or you could set up a whole menu that has all the flags on it. That way, you could add flags as you play by editing the flagbits files to put in custom flags. Why is this so immersion breaking for me? Well, I'll give you an example. If I am playing as a monarchy in 2020 and I liberate China, they are now a monarchy with a communist flag. That doesn't make any sense. I should be able to load in as China after liberating them so that I can change their flag to something more appropriate.

2. Being able to create colonies out of battle zones. We can release independent nations from battle zones, we should be able to release colonies from battle zones as well.

3. The ability to create custom colonial nations in game. If I am playing as Japan for example, and I want to resurrect Manchukuo as a colony in northeastern China, I should be able to create a custom colonial nation, choose a flag and a name, a capital city, and assign battle zones to it, regardless of loyalty. To be clear, I'm not saying that the loyalty should change when I assign a battlezone to a particular colonial nation, it should remain the same, the colonial nation just takes ownership over that battlezone. Another example of this would be if I wanted to recreate French Indochina or French West Africa.

I support only this points! (1,2,3)
Con forza ed ardimento
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

It would be good if after the conquest of the country, in addition to the three existing options (annexation, liberation, colonization), the possibility to draw the parts we want to annex is inserted, while the rest enters the process of the initial three possibilities. It would open up the possibility for us to annex only the parts we need for resources, access to certain roads, and open waters, islands, individual cities.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

milivoje02 wrote: Jun 19 2021 ...the possibility to draw...
The user interface for this would be a nightmare.

We do plan to review the wars/conquest system and look for improvements, even considering radically different designs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

When I said drawing I meant in the direction of selection Hex on Map grid to include in teritory of country wich player control. When it comes to the new system of warfare,whether there is a possibility for NATO to become an entity in itself? So there is the possibility of entry, exit and community intervention. And perhaps even the creation of a new allied wing under the control of a human player.
in addition to ordinary separate alliances.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

my dream is to have a totally different system for events ... that is, to have a subfolder containing the few lines of an event and an "events.list" file containing the list of subfolders to load at the beginning of the game (or a sort of that). I believe it is a better way for creating new mods too.
Con forza ed ardimento
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

would it be possible to have a different trade system when someone could be blockaded? I suppose something similar to a total war game with specific trade routs that can be blocked or something of that sort?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”