AI Land Liberation After Wars of All Non-Loyal Territories of Defeated.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Thadwookie
Major
Human: Yes

AI Land Liberation After Wars of All Non-Loyal Territories of Defeated.

Post by Thadwookie »

Current unfavored actions are:
AI conquers nation, they annex, never colonize or liberate, just annex.
After enemy is defeated lets say Germany defeated in Europe whom has defeated France,Denmark lands, Netherlands, etc. in any region, the nations involved with conquering german territory belonging or not belonging to loyal Germany land is annexed by all nations, never liberated to fallen or present nations.
All the above can be created without human interaction.

Here's what i wish was true.

Nations once occupied ( annexed by Germany for example) by another nation who's war justification was lower then the defender ( France for example ) should get their land automatically liberated and returned land to, in this case France would be liberated by UK whom would have lands in northern France, and US whom may have lands in southern France, the list goes on. ONLY after the nation with the lower justification for the war was defeated ( Germany) , aka a war of aggression leads to liberation by all involved parties in the war.

This may not be the perfect solution as to how it happens, but it's something something to work with in the game that can be possible via after a nation is defeated scripts.

This would add a whole new aspect to the game and give it more of a realism tack to it, as no one likes checkerboards after war where UK has half of France, when you already gave loyal land to the liberated France by you.

anyone reply if you share the same idea that something should be implemented.
Last edited by Thadwookie on Jan 23 2015, edited 1 time in total.
MrRipper

Re: Land Liberation After Wars of All Non-Loyal Territories of Defeated.

Post by MrRipper »

Player can liberate, annex, puppet and release, but with a historical borders and issues like no militairy production or no science or no control over repairs with puppets.

I rather see them work on that before making the game more complicated. I feel player should always have choice what he wants to do. Maybe some times overrule ai if its in the way.

Problem with these ideas everyone has another opinion/solution and most solutions are too much work for devs.

But yeah it would be nice if ai can descide what to do with regions, beside just annexing.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BGs told us earlier they are working on this issue, so let's hope we'll see AI liberating and colonizing soon :D
Please teach AI everything!
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Zuikaku wrote:BGs told us earlier they are working on this issue, so let's hope we'll see AI liberating and colonizing soon :D
Well, will they only liberate/colonize in historical sandboxes/campaigns'?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

If a country has a govt in exile (e.g., owns a city) the victor can release territory to them. This is how I re-established France and the USSR after Germany was defeated.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Fellas .. this is about AI
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Aragos wrote:If a country has a govt in exile (e.g., owns a city) the victor can release territory to them. This is how I re-established France and the USSR after Germany was defeated.
With historical borders? They look excactly the same? Acted the same?
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Aragos wrote:If a country has a govt in exile (e.g., owns a city) the victor can release territory to them. This is how I re-established France and the USSR after Germany was defeated.

You cannot release the nation 100% if another AI controls any of their land, that is the issue at hand.
Aragos
General

Re: AI Land Liberation After Wars of All Non-Loyal Territories of Defeated.

Post by Aragos »

Good point. If you control the territory, you can release it.

I had to DoW Denmark once, as the USA, as they ended up with a goodly chunk of Germany after I took it and released it.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Aragos wrote:Good point. If you control the territory, you can release it.

I had to DoW Denmark once, as the USA, as they ended up with a goodly chunk of Germany after I took it and released it.
yeah that's just getting old having to do that.
Aelhis
Sergeant

Post by Aelhis »

What I really wanted to see was some On-trigger events added to earlier scenarios like 1936 and Cold war.
Like when germany is defeated it's split like in real life even if the AI Conquers it. The player maybe has a choice or is auto dunno. Korea Vietnam also the creation of Comunism (Maybe by Revolt Triggers).

I know that even witout player interference it's pretty hard to recreate world history, but I'm thinking like maybe some other games have like Europe and Victory series that if conditions are right some events happens that try to recreate historical situations like the Dissolution of USSR and creation of Russia in the Cold War scenario and stuff.
dvr
Corporal

Post by dvr »

any news on this?
WolfsRainESP
Private

Post by WolfsRainESP »

The problem -> When you declare war (or get attacked) your allies don't get involved directly (others yes) they may cut their trade and send units into your land to defend it. Maybe later, they will declare war and make their own war against the enemy. Concluding in that modern art map after the war.

The solution -> Something like in Victoria II where your allies, if they think that direct attack is needed, they join your war (Operation Barbarossa War, for example). This will make you the LEADER/RULER of the war, setting attack and defend points to your allies. Those foreing troops that fight in your side will make the land they conquered yours.

But another problem -> When they declare their own war against the same enemy, they will make the land conquered their

Another solution -> Just one war against the same nation.

How do we implement it? -> In the UI there will be something called Active Wars where it's shown actual wars and the current World Wide Alert Level (DEFCON)

Thanks for read and happy holidays.
Blunznsepp
Corporal

Post by Blunznsepp »

I would love to see this so much in sandbox - at least as an option

I played as austria in '36 sandbox in the hope that after germany/italy and japan get defeated the world would change to a "almost post ww2 state" with east/west germany and the eastern block countries under control of the ussr. as i realized that it wont happen, i quickly took some part of the cake and invaded the north of italy in order to get at least sea access (and to improve my relations with the allied).

Now its just the ussr, gb, france, netherlands and belgium who own big parts of europe.

I realize that the point in playing sandbox isnt to get historical outcomes - but it would be just awesome to see the world changing from '36 to cold war to shattered world over the time :)
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

i'm in the verge of creating it now ; )

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”