Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bob12222
Sergeant
Human: Yes

question about leader numbers and file location

Post by bob12222 »

Hey,

I'm trying to create a 1944 sandbox for world war II. I created the map and almost everything is all set. Except the events. Where are the leader files located. LIke leader numbers? I want to obviously set up a coup in Hungary and Romania and then have them ally with the Soviet Union like what happened in World War II. I forget where the file that shows the leader numbers is located. Thanks I really appreciate it
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: question about leader numbers and file location

Post by Balthagor »

If you're looking for what leader is what ID, the file you want is MAPS/Data/DEFAULT.PPLX
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12222
Sergeant

Post by bob12222 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 13 2022 If you're looking for what leader is what ID, the file you want is MAPS/Data/DEFAULT.PPLX
Thanks. I realized you're missing a bunch of leaders too. How would I add them and their portraits? I wish I had a team to do this. Like you guys have. This has taken me a total of 7 years. The hardest part was figuring out the events, the tech for each country, the resources each country has, GDP, etc.. I was able to do a lot more because you guys released the scenario and map editor but again I DON"T HAVE A TEAM. I wish this was a scenario/sandbox. I shouldn't have to do this on my own hahaha. I also have a job outside of this huge undertaking. If you want me to send it to you when I'm fully done so you can officially add it to the game that will cost a pretty penny. No offense or disrespect. Other projects I'm working on are a War of the roses/ Hundred Year War mod for Crusader Kings 3. Also a Cuban Missile Crisis, a six-day war scenario/ sandbox for the game as well. I also do cyber security for the government protecting our infrastructure. So at the rate, I'm going probably will be another 2-4 years. I think I'm almost done but I haven't even played it yet though. It was very hard to understand the wiki modding page. I do better with visuals. So a youtube video would have been extremely helpful. That's also why it took/ is taking soo long. REMEMBER I'm also by myself. Then I have to test it and make sure the events go off, and its playable. I have soo many projects, soo much work too.

Another question I couldn't figure out in events is how do I set it so that when the allies recapture Paris, Vichy France no longer exists and the french government comes back? Similar to Czechoslovakia reforming and Yugoslavia reforming.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I can understand your desire for a bigger team, we've never been more than 12 people, we're usually about 7 to 9 people in the studio. You can get more info about the people file on the gamepedia site, including notes on how to set the pic number.
https://supremeruler.fandom.com/wiki/People_Data_File

When the mod is finished, you're welcome to share it on the Steam Workshop.

In terms of events to restore France, Cz, Yg, etc. I don't have much I can offer. I recall spending many hours trying to craft event sequences that would do this and never did make it totally work. While we have a "team", the events were really done by 2 people, so only twice as much effort as you're putting in :) (although it was our job, so more hours per week of course)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12222
Sergeant

Post by bob12222 »

WOuld the events that I'm looking for to copy/ model it after be basically like bohemia Moravia spawning after Czechslovakia got taken over by Germany or Paris got taken over by Germany so Vichy France would form? Which event would be closer to what I'm trying to do with Yugoslavia, and Czechslovakia? I don't know enough where I can have the borders between the countries changed. What events should I look for to model the events I want to do?

Like can you write here how you think I should format the events I'm trying to do that would be a big help. Again if there was a youtube video that showed me how to do it that would be a big help. I like visuals when I learn something.

HOw would I upload new leader portraits? where would I do that. I'm not sure how too. YOu guys are missing some leader protraits.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Honestly, I haven't looked at how these events are set up in years, it would take me a lot of time to relearn it all. Starting with the Bohemia/Moravia sounds good. I recall there's stuff about giving them back land, flagging the region as "alive", and doing it all at the same time so they aren't flagged as dead at day end. I seem to recall the really tough part was setting up all the condition tests to make sure it made sense to take all the land.

For leader pics, you upload them into the \Graphics\People folder. You'll need someone to make them. Then each leader needs to be defined in \Maps\DATA\DEFAULT.PPLX
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12222
Sergeant

Post by bob12222 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 19 2022 Honestly, I haven't looked at how these events are set up in years, it would take me a lot of time to relearn it all. Starting with the Bohemia/Moravia sounds good. I recall there's stuff about giving them back land, flagging the region as "alive", and doing it all at the same time so they aren't flagged as dead at day end. I seem to recall the really tough part was setting up all the condition tests to make sure it made sense to take all the land.

For leader pics, you upload them into the \Graphics\People folder. You'll need someone to make them. Then each leader needs to be defined in \Maps\DATA\DEFAULT.PPLX
Oh alright sounds good. I will probably have to go back into the map editor if that's where I have to do it but is there any way to change the borders of a country? LIke after WW2 Poland, Czechoslovakia, and a few other countries' borders changed.

NOt relevant to my question but how do I influence an election like get my party elected? I do select the opposition party. *RIght button left-hand upper corner. HOwever, my party/ people never end up winning how do I change that? What else in the game do I have to do to do that? An example would be how to get Johann Koplenig elected and Austria into the Warsaw pact?
Couldn't I Just copy and paste a picture of a leader from online? If I did that what dimensions would the picture have to be in and what format?

Also in the Cvp file for 2020 why isn't prodefficiency and buying power there as well?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

bob12222 wrote: Apr 26 2022 ... is there any way to change the borders of a country?
For starting maps, you can use the mapeditor. There are events that can change ownership of individual hexes or entire battlezones.
bob12222 wrote: Apr 26 2022 NOt relevant to my question but how do I influence an election like get my party elected? I do select the opposition party. *RIght button left-hand upper corner. HOwever, my party/ people never end up winning how do I change that? What else in the game do I have to do to do that? An example would be how to get Johann Koplenig elected and Austria into the Warsaw pact?
If you're looking for tips on winning elections, I'd do some searches here on the forums, I know it's been discuss before. In broad terms; lower taxes, increase social spending, lower markup on commodities consumed by the population, don't engage in unpopular wars.
bob12222 wrote: Apr 26 2022 Couldn't I Just copy and paste a picture of a leader from online? If I did that what dimensions would the picture have to be in and what format?
For modding I suppose you could. We're required to respect copyright rules. the pictures are 512x96 divided into 4 equal sized frames saved as a .PNG file in \Graphics\People
bob12222 wrote: Apr 26 2022 Also in the Cvp file for 2020 why isn't prodefficiency and buying power there as well?
Not sure, looks like we stopped using those values. Been too many years since I looked in the file, I can't recall all the decisions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”