Can the AI disembark?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Can the AI disembark?

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

Germany has 13 naval production, and legit just vanquished the Royal Navy in just one week.
The only thing the bri'ish has in their island is some old WW1 infantry,
yet the germans do not disembark, even tough they got the naval superiority, aswell better quality + quantity land units to do so.

Is that a bug?
If so, how do I fix this problem?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Can the AI disembark?

Post by Rosalis »

You mean they send merchant marines and they return? That can happen.
They need to have infantry with the disembark trait. You could give them a good design so they train or gift units.

What do you mean with island? You mean the main island or some small island?

I have seen North Korea and China annex Taiwan and Japan and the other way. Both when forces were depleted and pretty much a combined strategic attack off all forces where the defender still had units. Can it be improved? Ofcourse, but yeah conditions in 2020 are much better for naval invasions then '36, if thats what your playing.

My only complaint is i never get naval invaded. AI just scared of my 200-300 units. Believe me there are plenty of opportunities for the ai to give player a problem. They got the spies, just act on it. So yeah i guess AI should be more agressive naval invading. They need the requirements tho, else its very harmfull. Wouldnt be the first time i kill US army just by defending guantanamo bay, tho. Like they need to know when to stop, when there is no air superiority it might not be the best time.
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

''They need to have infantry with the disembark trait. You could give them a good design so they train or gift units."
About 20-40% of the german army is composed of Marines, not sure why they ain't using them.

"What do you mean with island? You mean the main island or some small island?"
The british isles, their main island
Can it be improved? Ofcourse, but yeah conditions in 2020 are much better for naval invasions then '36, if thats what your playing.
Game started 1914, there was no major war untill 1922 when Germany went full blitzkrieg.
Certainly conditions for disembarking are lower than 2020 but still, Germany has everything at their favor, naval production, naval superiority, marines, better equipped troops, higher ammount of troops, resources.

By the way, there was a time or two when the germans tried to disembark, but they got defeated in the process, but they never tried to disembark on the british isles again after that;
But yeah, not sure this is a bug, I think the AI indeed doens't have much iniative to take risks
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I mean from what i seen on youtube, the economy in 1914 is completely broken. If they dont have mg, thats a good reason to not start a naval invasion. So yeah maybe you can miss 20k military goods to gift them :) It will prolly just dry up in 2 days tho. So much fables going arround, but if ai doesnt build industry like it doesnt in 2020, well it doesnt take much brain cells to understand your screwed. And even if it did, things are so expensive, an inefficient ai cant handle this economy. Demand needs to grow, and things need to be balanced for that time period, if they have interest continue in the future.

Especially if you claim and advertise with, start from 1914 and play to 2050 and far beyond.

btw i noticed special forces/foot infantry/marines initiative seems to be lower, there is a topic about that.

Return to “Issues and Support”